BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 7/5/22

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if you can`t cope with his imminent departure,the samaritans are always there to help,im`e off for a few beers to celebrate😁

Until it’s confirmed (by someone other than him) I’ll still think it’s a machiavellian scheme from Moggadon to get a new contract. It’ll be his masterpiece. Tell the world you’re leaving only to rock up with a new 3 year deal. 

• Like 8

Surprisingly enjoyable game. Two best goals of the season, I’ve seen many worse debuts than Brown’s, Bucko and Trav centre mid next season, Ayala sure can defend the aerial ball well, Hedges man of the match. On the downside, Pickering is a problem, Dack was a passenger yet again, and Gallagher is just pitiful. 

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 4

We had the squad and players but not the manager to get over the line.

Am I right in thinking that Mowbray persevered with Gallagher as a wing forward for two seasons, until the final games of this season? I suppose he looks at Real Madrid and wonders what they could achieve if Benzema was out wide.

Edit: Mowbray deserves credit for assembling the squad, having the desire to play passing football and including technically gifted players like Buckley, who another manager may have given up on. But, Mowbray's attempts to mould the team and his decision-making was simply not good enough, in general.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Lack of class from the extreme wing of the Tony-out brigade.  

You can now actually give it a rest.  Thank god.

They speak with great authority from the comfort of the armchair. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

We had the squad and players but not the manager to get over the line.

Am I right in thinking that Mowbray persevered with Gallagher as a wing forward for two seasons, until the final games of this season? I suppose he looks at Real Madrid and wonders what they could achieve if Benzema was out wide.

Gallagher did well as a number 9 target man today, won some headers. Should have been there all along 

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, James Brown looked handy enough. What JRC was doing starting above him sums Mowbray’s 5 years up in terms of his decisions.

Decent enough, should’ve been better. Time to move on.

Enjoyable nothing to play for game. You can't defend the collapse from the position we were in at Christmas. It probably is time for a change. I don't think Tony deserves some of the extreme comments on here recently but I personally respect the overall job he did. 

Onto next season, let's hope the next appointment is a decent one and not a cheap option. The squad has talent, it's been mismanaged at times. In fact Tony lost the plot at times but he also was a safe pair of hands and say what you want, it is what we needed. Easy to forget just how toxic it was. 

All the best Tony.

• Like 3

This whole “the club is a mess cause I’ve not been offered a new contract” is a pile of nonsense. You haven’t been offered a new contract Tony cause you/we have been absolutely abysmal since January. It’s time for a change, I wouldn’t be chatting to you either about a new contract. Little silly to comment on it, should be private.

Of course Steve doesn’t make the decisions on the manager.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

Rovers winning, Buckley hitting rockets, the dingles losing, Tony’s gone. Is today the greatest day of my life….

jusst read James corden is the front runner to taking over Gary liniker on MOTD 😩

ah well nearly the perfect day 

COME ON BRIGHTON 

COME ON VILLA

COME ON TAXI FOR TONY 🥳🎉🥂

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

This whole “the club is a mess cause I’ve not been offered a new contract” is a pile of nonsense. You haven’t been offered a new contract Tony cause you/we have been absolutely abysmal since January.

Both those explanations can be true…