BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 7/5/22

1 hour ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Hartlepool will be very handy for him, but as they are 17th in league 2 he'll have to take a big salary hit.

Then again he must be worth a fortune by now, so won't need the money.

I’ve heard a manager not a million miles from where I live is going to Hartlepool. I think that might be below Mowbray.

A game that I thought would be a tame end of season affair was surprisingly good with some good passages of play by us and some excellent goals. We conceded a late goal again to give us a nervous finish but I'm always happy after a Rovers win. I put a bet for my granddaughter at the ground and she went for a Rovers 3-1 win. It was good watching her face every time we attacked when 2-1 up.

In the final analysis of the season my overall feeling is disappointment after the position we were in going into February. I naively started to think we were going up - I should have known better. I think there are several reasons why but the main one was not bringing in somebody with the credentials to get us 8 - 10 goals which I believe would have been the difference. 

Anyway that's gone now and we can only dwell on what might have been as we look to the future.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Thought he had a good game Brown, needs 1 ore 2 more first team appearances to show his true potential.

I think all Rovers supporters are disappointed with the second half of the season.I think we have the talent for the new Manager whoever it may be to give it another go next season. Something for the Rovers faithful to smile about, Two goals of the season to end on a high.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

But pace isn't the only thing, in fact it is not the most important thing. Hence why Hussain Bolt failed at football.

Never improve your pace ..but you can always improve your technical ability ..

• Like 4

5 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray to Hartlepool it is then ?

Jeff Stelling will be delighted.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Would they hang him ?

And change their nickname to "The Chaddyhangers"?

• Like 2

I thought there were a few positives to take from yesterday in relation to the playing squad for next season.

Hedges looks like a player. Had some neat touches and has an eye for a pass. Think he could play a key role next season. Brown was better than I expected. Not the quickest but he's a better backup option than JRC.

We had some decent passages of play only to be let down by Edun at times whose passing was woeful.

Gally is a strong runner and if his control was better his direct running could cause problems.

Markanday and Vale looked lively and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Markanday looks promising, nippy, sharp, a bit in the Armstrong mould.

Major rebuilding job for whoever comes in, but there are a few promising players already here to work with.

• Like 1

The look on the face of Hedges when BB found the very top corner….

The only time I remember us scoring two like that in a game was Fulham at home way back in the good times.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic

Has there ever been a better goal of its type--ie a long-distance strike---scored by any Rovers player in the last fifty years? If there is I can't remember it.

As for Brereton he was on top of his game yesterday. Full of energy and intelligent runs, he is running into space for the return almost before he passes it! Great goal.

I think he's going to be a big star and I'm sad its going to be with someone else. Quite different to what I thought when he came!