BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Unfortunately for Leicester, they are a bit rubbish and Liverpool have regained their form from last season, albeit far too late for anything other than a late top four run. Leicester will just need to try and keep the scoreline respectable. 

They were OK for the first 15. Liverpool struggle to break down teams who sit in. Leicester's plan was somewhat working with 2 midfielders covering, then Liverpool scored after an Alisson boot up field and it's been one way traffic ever since.

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Martin Tyler has produced some great moments in the commentary box. His voice is a touch of nostalgia - remember him screaming “Gerrarddd” long before the Aguero moment

I personally think that VAR and the sanitising of the game has ruined it for him. You can tell he is always waiting for the late call or the VAR check. And the game is far less dramatic for it - it stops you from getting lost in the moment. Most PL going fans that I have spoken to say the same

When he goes it will be a sad moment in football. But every dog has its day and all that 

Personally, Peter Drury is my favourite commentator. The man is a poet 

He is great. He does the weekly flagship games over here. NBC got him after Arlo White left for the LIV golf lucre. His partners are Le Saux or Lee Dixon, with both of them joining Drury quite often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is there absolutely part of Sky coverage that you think is anything other than perfect? Any pundits you dont rate, any teams overshown, silly kick offs, disregard to fans, anything?

I think Sky coverage is very good and how they have envolved and developed with football has improved it for fans watching view. Some of the pundits for the EFL I get bored of listening to but I just switch the game on 5 minutes before kick off like Bradford Carlisle game. I enjoyed the PL pundits and they have different views. 

We had that discussion about kick offs times and disregard to fans before so there is no need to have it again. Going forward with Sky showing 10 games a week of EFL with only see more kick off time being moved in the future why they agreed all fixtures moved before the 3rd round of the cup being announced before the season starts which is fair enough  

37 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a fair assumption.

VAR has killed the game - it's not being used properly. 

I agree that VAR has killed the game and as you seen tonight twice its killed their instant goal celebration cos VAR has to be involved. 

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Martin Tyler has produced some great moments in the commentary box. His voice is a touch of nostalgia - remember him screaming “Gerrarddd” long before the Aguero moment

I remember the Shearer moment when he scored the last minute winner against Leeds in January 1994

I personally think that VAR and the sanitising of the game has ruined it for him. You can tell he is always waiting for the late call or the VAR check. And the game is far less dramatic for it - it stops you from getting lost in the moment. Most PL going fans that I have spoken to say the same

I agree there. I hear that aswell of work colleagues of fans of PL clubs

When he goes it will be a sad moment in football. 

I agree there and we lost John Moston and it will be sad day when he leaves Football coverage. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Leicester are an absolute shambles. 

Leicester did fine until they got undone by a simple long ball and the back 4 not being organised to deal with the ball 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Everton are going to survive relegation AGAIN because there's somehow 3 worse teams in the league - even though they're absolutely awful themselves (again). 

I wouldn't count Leeds out yet

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

They were OK for the first 15. Liverpool struggle to break down teams who sit in. Leicester's plan was somewhat working with 2 midfielders covering, then Liverpool scored after an Alisson boot up field and it's been one way traffic ever since.

I think Liverpool were just settling into the game honestly. I do think Leicester still have a chance of staying up, just because Leeds and Everton are also very poor teams, but it wasn't going to happen for them against Liverpool. Crazy how Leicester have nosedived so rapidly. 9th, 5th, 5th, 8th... then this season it totally falls apart and there's a very realistic possibility they drop into the second tier.

Edited by DE.

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Crazy how Leicester have nosedived so rapidly. 9th, 5th, 5th, 8th... then this season it totally falls apart and there's a very realistic possibility they drop into the second tier.

lack of recruitment in the summer cost them massively. Plus some of Rodgers's signings have been poor. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Sky coverage is very good and how they have envolved and developed with football has improved it for fans watching view. Some of the pundits for the EFL I get bored of listening to but I just switch the game on 5 minutes before kick off like Bradford Carlisle game. I enjoyed the PL pundits and they have different views. 

We had that discussion about kick offs times and disregard to fans before so there is no need to have it again. Going forward with Sky showing 10 games a week of EFL with only see more kick off time being moved in the future why they agreed all fixtures moved before the 3rd round of the cup being announced before the season starts which is fair enough  

I agree that VAR has killed the game and as you seen tonight twice its killed their instant goal celebration cos VAR has to be involved. 

I remember the Shearer moment when he scored the last minute winner against Leeds in January 1994

I agree there. I hear that aswell of work colleagues of fans of PL clubs

I agree there and we lost John Moston and it will be sad day when he leaves Football coverage. 

Leicester did fine until they got undone by a simple long ball and the back 4 not being organised to deal with the ball 

I wouldn't count Leeds out yet

All of the PL pundits?! Neville and Carragher are good, Keane is always box office (think he was spot on about Pickford yesterday) and Souness will be a big miss. But Jamie Redknapp? An absolute drip with nothing worthwhile to say and spends half of his time on air being an agent for his family members, and Micah Richards both on Sky and BBC is the most irritating pundit you could possibly find, plus he knows nothing.

If this weird assumption is true that Tyler is struggling to adapt regarding VAR, then perhaps that is a sign that he is best left in the past. Undoubtedly a good commentator in his time but lacks enthusiasm nowadays and some of the weird shit he comes out with now is baffling.

Amazing how people are just ok with more and more games being moved.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

lack of recruitment in the summer cost them massively. Plus some of Rodgers's signings have been poor. 

Rodgers is a shit manager and an absolute bell end, yet constantly linked with big clubs for some reason.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rodgers is a shit manager

Is he? You can't say Tony Mowbray's a decent manager but Rodgers is a shit one! His last few months at Liverpool and Leicester aside, he's got a good record. Question mark over his teams form at the end of seasons (Liverpool when they almost won it, Leicester twice dropping to 5th from comfortable CL positions late on) but I'm sure he'll rightly get another PL job no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Leicester are an absolute shambles. 

Everton are going to survive relegation AGAIN because there's somehow 3 worse teams in the league - even though they're absolutely awful themselves (again). 

So that's Southampton and Leicester all but confirmed then. 

Who's the third? Leeds? Everton? Forest?

22 minutes ago, frosty said:

Is he? You can't say Tony Mowbray's a decent manager but Rodgers is a shit one! His last few months at Liverpool and Leicester aside, he's got a good record. Question mark over his teams form at the end of seasons (Liverpool when they almost won it, Leicester twice dropping to 5th from comfortable CL positions late on) but I'm sure he'll rightly get another PL job no problem.

His spell at Reading was poor.

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So that's Southampton and Leicester all but confirmed then. 

Who's the third? Leeds? Everton? Forest?

Even after tonight's defeat, one advantage Leicester do have, as it stands, if their GD. Still a fair bit better than Leeds or Everton. In theory two draws would be enough to see them safe if Everton and Leeds lose both of their remaining games. 

With that said, I don't see that as likely. Leicester have Newcastle away next which is going to be difficult to say the least. They pretty much have to get something from that game though. A draw and then a win on the final day at home to West Ham would leave them with 34 points. Even if Leeds managed three points from their last two games they'd still fall below Leicester in that scenario, barring some crazy result where Leeds won 7-0 or something, and if Forest lost both of their remaining games they would also end up below Leicester.

So I'd say a little early to be writing Leicester's obituary yet, but they're relying on at least two teams directly above them getting no more wins, realistically. They're on the precipice for sure. 

Edited by DE.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Even after tonight's defeat, one advantage Leicester do have, as it stands, if their GD. Still a fair bit better than Leeds or Everton. In theory two draws would be enough to see them safe if Everton and Leeds lose both of their remaining games. 

With that said, I don't see that as likely. Leicester have Newcastle away next which is going to be difficult to say the least. They pretty much have to get something from that game though. A draw and then a win on the final day at home to West Ham would leave them with 34 points. Even if Leeds managed three points from their last two games they'd still fall below Leicester in that scenario, barring some crazy result where Leeds won 7-0 or something, and if Forest lost both of their remaining games they would also end up below Leicester.

So I'd say a little early to be writing Leicester's obituary yet, but they're relying on at least two teams directly above them getting no more wins, realistically. They're on the precipice for sure. 

Have you watched their last few matches? Yes mathematically they can still survive, but bloody hell they're a shambles. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Have you watched their last few matches? Yes mathematically they can still survive, but bloody hell they're a shambles. 

I'd be surprised if they stayed up now, honestly, but stranger things have happened. They beat Wolves a few weeks ago, so I think they're capable of beating West Ham at home. The problem is that, even in a scenario where they manage to get three points from their last two games, they need two of Forest, Everton and Leeds to get no more than a single point from their last two games. It's an unrealistic scenario, I agree, but you never know. If they manage to somehow scrape a draw at Newcastle and two of Leeds/Everton/Forest lose their matches then it'll be all to play for on the final day. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

All of the PL pundits?! Neville and Carragher are good, Keane is always box office (think he was spot on about Pickford yesterday) and Souness will be a big miss. But Jamie Redknapp? An absolute drip with nothing worthwhile to say and spends half of his time on air being an agent for his family members, and Micah Richards both on Sky and BBC is the most irritating pundit you could possibly find, plus he knows nothing.

I like Richards. 

If this weird assumption is true that Tyler is struggling to adapt regarding VAR, then perhaps that is a sign that he is best left in the past. Undoubtedly a good commentator in his time but lacks enthusiasm nowadays and some of the weird shit he comes out with now is baffling.

VAR has taken the insist goal celebrations away from the game. 

Amazing how people are just ok with more and more games being moved.

EFL clubs want more TV revenue meaning more games being moved for coverage. Down to clubs to come up with good tickets deals now to get fans in.

Rodgers is a shit manager and an absolute bell end, yet constantly linked with big clubs for some reason.

Did a good job at Leicester until the last 12 months. Lack of signings in the last 12 months plus his signings haven't improved the team like Daka for example. Plus losing Schmeichel this summer was massive loss. 

Also I think he did good jobs at Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic. Shit job at Reading. 

Still think he's do a good job at Spurs. Would get playing attacking football

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Richards. 

VAR has taken the insist goal celebrations away from the game. 

EFL clubs want more TV revenue meaning more games being moved for coverage. Down to clubs to come up with good tickets deals now to get fans in.

Did a good job at Leicester until the last 12 months. Lack of signings in the last 12 months plus his signings haven't improved the team like Daka for example. Plus losing Schmeichel this summer was massive loss. 

Also I think he did good jobs at Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic. Shit job at Reading. 

Still think he's do a good job at Spurs. Would get playing attacking football

Richards is so irritating and you can write his knowledge of football on the back of a stamp.

But VAR is here and if Tyler cant adapt, get rid. That being said, I think this idea that it is VAR that is causing him to become a parody of himself is simply not the reason. Says some of the weirdest shit ever these days as if he is trying hard to come up with new lines.

Rodgers would have Spurs near the bottom with the woeful defenders they have there like Dier and Sanchez. After a year or two his teams fall apart and spin out of control.

Good ticket deals wont help people who simply cannot attend a whole host of silly kick offs. It sadly becomes less of a match going supporter based game.

Leicester’s implosion isn’t a surprise. The warning signs for them were when we won so easily at their place in the cup. Rovers played well that night but I was shocked at his poor Leicester were - and they were around mid table at the time. I wish I’d backed my hunch by putting some money on them going down - sometimes these things are so obvious 

• Like 3

Richards is so irritating and you can write his knowledge of football on the back of a stamp.

Well mute your TV then 🤔

But VAR is here and if Tyler cant adapt, get rid. That being said, I think this idea that it is VAR that is causing him to become a parody of himself is simply not the reason. Says some of the weirdest shit ever these days as if he is trying hard to come up with new lines.

I think VAR has taken the emotion of the scoring a goal cos more often then not its always a VAR check. Ask fans who go to PL games. They all say the same thing. 

Rodgers would have Spurs near the bottom with the woeful defenders they have there like Dier and Sanchez. After a year or two his teams fall apart and spin out of control.

Spurs need to buy some defenders but they need to play attacking football like they did under Pochettino. His teams don't fall apart after a year or two. It's only this season that the problems have occurred. Had good first 2 and half season including FA cup win. 

Good ticket deals wont help people who simply cannot attend a whole host of silly kick offs. It sadly becomes less of a match going supporter based game.

Which silly kick off timed are the biggest problem to you? 

Clubs wants more TV revenue so more games on television so its clubs need to come up with better tickets prices including ST as discussed in other threads. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well mute your TV then 🤔

I think VAR has taken the emotion of the scoring a goal cos more often then not its always a VAR check. Ask fans who go to PL games. They all say the same thing. 

Spurs need to buy some defenders but they need to play attacking football like they did under Pochettino. His teams don't fall apart after a year or two. It's only this season that the problems have occurred. Had good first 2 and half season including FA cup win. 

Which silly kick off timed are the biggest problem to you? 

Clubs wants more TV revenue so more games on television so its clubs need to come up with better tickets prices including ST as discussed in other threads. 

Ah yes, good comeback. Just mute the TV and sit in silence.

The discussion isnt about the merits of VAR (how you have discovered that ALL fans say the same is beyond me) although I am not sure if you saw Monday Night Football but there was a very interesting behind the scenes look at VAR.

Potentially cheaper tickets doesnt solve the problem but it wont happen anyway. That money will lead to higher wages at the cost of the match going fan.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree with all of this. Especially Keane and Souness. Keane is the best pundit going by a country mile for me. 

Redknapp is simply there because he's a pretty boy and sky need a bit of eye candy when you've got Neville and Carragher front and centre. The only time my Mrs used to watch is when Redknapp was talking. 

Micah Richards has managed to make an entire career out of having a big laugh. I quite like the bloke, but he is by far and away the worst pundit going. Although, I do love it when he tries to contribute, says something stupid, and Keane, Souey, Neville and Carragher turn on him. I've seen them incredulous before. "What the hell are you even talking about Micah" in Irish, Scottish, Manc or Scouse. 

• Like 2

Ah yes, good comeback. Just mute the TV and sit in silence.

I'm sure you can watch the coverage on a different channel given how you watch the games. 

The discussion isnt about the merits of VAR (how you have discovered that ALL fans say the same is beyond me) although I am not sure if you saw Monday Night Football but there was a very interesting behind the scenes look at VAR.

No I didn't see the coverage of Monday night Football before the game. 

As I said in previous post I said I've spoken to some work colleagues who go to PL games and they said the emotion of scoring a goal cos VAR checks it and afterwards it's not the same. Have you spoken to anyone who think similar? 

Potentially cheaper tickets doesnt solve the problem but it wont happen anyway. That money will lead to higher wages at the cost of the match going fan.

It's if as I read on here the EFL want to introduce a similar rule to the one UEFA are bringing in. Wages being below turnover and the final figure being 70% of turnover going to wages. So yes it can be done for cheaper tickets for games moved. EFL and its clubs wanted more TV revenue so more games have to be shown. What's alternative? 

Could you please answer this question I asked you "

Which silly kick off timed are the biggest problem to you?