BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers fans in the US

Do you guys get to see any Rovers games on TV or is it just Rovers player (or whatever it’s called now). I’m in Washington DC for a week and Rovers are playing at Reading midweek when I’m there. Wondering what the chances of watching it in a pub over there are? I’m guessing slim to f all!

32 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Do you guys get to see any Rovers games on TV or is it just Rovers player (or whatever it’s called now). I’m in Washington DC for a week and Rovers are playing at Reading midweek when I’m there. Wondering what the chances of watching it in a pub over there are? I’m guessing slim to f all!

Your assumption is correct. Not much chance at all.

ESPN have the US rights to the Championship. They show games via their ESPN+ streaming service. Rovers were on loads after Christmas last season, but no games listed so far. 

There will be plenty of places showing Prem games though. DC is a cool place. 

6 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

Anyone else in DC? I've just moved here, but no idea if there are any bars showing the games. Thanks for the ESPN tip - will keep a look out, but guessing Rovers TV is my best bet...

I’m probably going to find somewhere to watch the Sunday Prem games next weekend. Any suggestions of bars? My hotel is pretty close to the Whitehouse so that’s the area I’ll probably be wandering around 🙂 

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

I’m probably going to find somewhere to watch the Sunday Prem games next weekend. Any suggestions of bars? My hotel is pretty close to the Whitehouse so that’s the area I’ll probably be wandering around 🙂 

Pretty much any bar you go into will put games on if you ask. Games will be on early though; 9am and 11.30am. Chelsea v. Spurs is the big Sunday game next week.

This place will be busy; Ireland's Four Courts (irelandsfourcourts.com. It's across the river in Arlington. The White House and surrounding areas are very much business first and won't be as busy during the weekend. 

I was there in April and watched a game in a place called the Queen Vic. It was full of Liverpool fans. It had good food, good booze, and a good atmosphere.

• Like 3

On 06/08/2022 at 10:34, Ricky said:

Aoert from Roverstv it is ESPN PLUS. Occasionally on there.  Dunno if anyone metioned it but there is an app I use to see if we on, Live Soccer TV lists all games around the world and shows what coverage is available be it tv or internet 

Rule of thumb, if it's on Sky it's on ESPN plus.

Edited by USABlue

51 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Pretty much any bar you go into will put games on if you ask. Games will be on early though; 9am and 11.30am. Chelsea v. Spurs is the big Sunday game next week.

This place will be busy; Ireland's Four Courts (irelandsfourcourts.com. It's across the river in Arlington. The White House and surrounding areas are very much business first and won't be as busy during the weekend. 

I was there in April and watched a game in a place called the Queen Vic. It was full of Liverpool fans. It had good food, good booze, and a good atmosphere.

I'd recommend the fish and chips! Maybe not for breakfast though.

Also whilst you're wandering around, it's worth popping into some of the free museums and the zoo nearby. 

Edited by Hannoverover
  • Like 1

Mrs says a visit to Georgetown is a must if you’ve got the time, she was there a few years ago. Pubs, restaurants, museums, waterfront, cobbled streets, bit like Blackburn 😉 great place by all accounts.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Gav said:

Mrs says a visit to Georgetown is a must if you’ve got the time, she was there a few years ago. Pubs, restaurants, museums, waterfront, cobbled streets, bit like Blackburn 😉 great place by all accounts.

Nice one Gav. I've never heard Blackburn and Georgetown comparisons before. Georgetown is very nice, worth a trip. 

The Smithsonian offers loads of free museums, but they close around 5pm, which if you are working is a bit of a pain.

eScooters are everywhere too. They aren't cheap to rent but you can really see everything quickly on them. 

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What made you want to visit the third world?

You doing some charity work?

We're retired and fancied a bit of full time traveling, Turkey is an amazing country.

Sadly illness has brought it to an early end, hopefully off again in the new year.