BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just read the accounts and you seem what was needed to stop us going to transfer embargo last season. The club also commented about how close we were to failing FFP rules

It was article with Football finance expert Kieran Maguire who comment on Rovers finances. That was the point of the article.m 

JDT and his staff will have access to fitness stats and everything that we don't. Dack wasn't in the game and do very little tbh

Dack wasn’t in the game? 
Out of anyone in the front line, he was the best. Just as he got going, he got hooked. That says to me, JDT doesn’t have a clue. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

Dack wasn’t in the game? 
Out of anyone in the front line, he was the best. Just as he got going, he got hooked. That says to me, JDT doesn’t have a clue. 

Dack was the one who could possibly have created something

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have to discuss on Big Sam and him being sacked, But I am not going over again. 

No way would I sack JDT this season or next. This sacking talk of JDT is totally bonkers. 

The last point is below the belt and is totally BS. 

Morning Chris - sacking Big Sam was a disaster and pretending otherwise is burying your head in the sand.

IMO, JDT's appointment was a mistake based upon what I've seen, reinforced by what's happened over/since the W.C. break which according to JDT was going to be a game changer for him and the team.  Art of good management is recognising your mistakes, cutting your losses, learning your lessons and moving on.  Sack him.

Not really below the belt.  Stand back, reflect and be objective.  You do not need to be 100% Waggott/Rovers/JDT all the time - I think they are more than capable of delivering their own bullsh1t.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Dack wasn’t in the game? 

Dack wasn't haven't any sort of impact on the game just like the other front 4 players. 

Can you tell me what he got going with? 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

sacking Big Sam was a disaster and pretending otherwise is burying your head in the sand.

Like I said Before I don't agree sacking Big Sam was a mistake and lets not forget this is the same guy who wanted to quit Rovers in that summer before we were sold. So he didn't want to be here and he always thought he was bigger than the club. The real problem was who we replaced him with. Had we gone for Bilic or Curbishley I am sure we would have been fine. but 12 years ago, maybe time to let go now and move on from Big Sam love in

IMO, JDT's appointment was a mistake based upon what I've seen, reinforced by what's happened over/since the W.C. break which according to JDT was going to be a game changer for him and the team.  Art of good management is recognising your mistakes, cutting your losses, learning your lessons and moving on.  Sack him.

Wow. We are 3rd in the league and you think his appointment was a mistake. I wouldn't be sacking JDT this season or next. I think he is doing a good job here and long may it continue. Our league position is ahead of where I thought we would league position wise given that JDT is new head coach at Championship level, new football management structure and turnover in playing staff and backroom staff in the summer. 

Not really below the belt.  Stand back, reflect and be objective.  You do not need to be 100% Waggott/Rovers/JDT all the time - I think they are more than capable of delivering their own bullsh1t.

Firstly, yes it was completely below the belt. That is where this is completely and utter wrong cos I have made very valid and reasonable criticism of JDT in match threads if I disagree with team selection or subs made or tactics like I did post match in the Sunderland match thread.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack wasn't haven't any sort of impact on the game just like the other front 4 players. 

Can you tell me what he got going with? 

Like I said Before I don't agree sacking Big Sam was a mistake and lets not forget this is the same guy who wanted to quit Rovers in that summer before we were sold. So he didn't want to be here and he always thought he was bigger than the club. The real problem was who we replaced him with. Had we gone for Bilic or Curbishley I am sure we would have been fine. but 12 years ago, maybe time to let go now and move on from Big Sam love in

Wow. We are 3rd in the league and you think his appointment was a mistake. I wouldn't be sacking JDT this season or next. I think he is doing a good job here and long may it continue. Our league position is ahead of where I thought we would league position wise given that JDT is new head coach at Championship level, new football management structure and turnover in playing staff and backroom staff in the summer. 

Firstly, yes it was completely below the belt. That is where this is completely and utter wrong cos I have made very valid and reasonable criticism of JDT in match threads if I disagree with team selection or subs made or tactics like I did post match in the Sunderland match thread.

Look at the small period when we finally put Sunderland under some pressure. Dack was the one linking up the play and bringing in others around him. Countless others on here noticed it too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

Look at the small period when we finally put Sunderland under some pressure. Dack was the one linking up the play and bringing in others around him. Countless others on here noticed it too. 

Well we have to disagree on it. I stand by the front 4 were poor. 

On 26/12/2022 at 16:04, Miller11 said:

Why do Rovers fans peddle this false narrative?He plays when he’s fit. Starting for Wigan today.

It's an opinion, not a narrative. Nyambe was OK, yet he was being suggested for a move up to the Premier League when he hadn't shown anything close to deserving that.

Speaking of false narratives, Nyambe doesn't simply play when he's fit. Darikwa is competition for him.

On 28/12/2022 at 12:53, Sweaty Gussets said:

Average shots per game - we have the 2nd fewest in the league this season.

Average shots per game from inside 6 yard box - we have the fewest in the league. 

We are an incredibly boring team to watch. The stats bear that out. We create very few chances and have even fewer shots. We barely go in the opposition half in some matches. 

The front are regularly poor because of the manager and how he sets his team up. 

This is why I believe we’re going to nosedive. It’s not all about stats, but too many are too damning. We now can’t hold onto leads - our speciality - so I just have this strong feeling that we’re heading into freefall mode.