BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Actually I said Wharton or Ayala, but same applies to Phillips too, and I completely stand by it. You tried to mock my suggestion asking if I’d been hacked by Mowbray, the man who could do no wrong in your eyes this time last year. Hirst’s “performance” today has done nothing to prove me wrong. He was utterly useless. Managed more booking points than touches of the ball. Your claims he’d have had a tap in are very presumptuous.

Mowbray did plenty wrong last year Miller. simple as. Like not changing formations sooner than he did when it was far too late. Cost us our playoff place. Some of us were calling for formation change long before Mowbray like myself.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

From Kaminski - crap distribution, so play it back to him all the time - to Gallagher - come short and get on the ball, never set foot in the box - and every player in between, NOTHING about the way we play currently suits our players.

Yet we are 3rd of the league despite all the above. 

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Totally agree with this. Every single player would benefit from a a change of formation and tactics so why do we persist with it. He won’t get 15 new players in January. It isn’t like we are playing this way to get the best from Diaz or Dack or anyone. Baffling 

So what formation and tactics would you like to see us play? We played 4-2-3-1 formation today and doesn't that suit our team? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray did plenty wrong last year Miller. simple as. Like not changing formations sooner than he did when it was far too late. Cost us our playoff place. Some of us were calling for formation change long before Mowbray like myself.

This is pretty unbelievable revisionism.

Mowbray could do no wrong in your eyes until he’d completely sabotaged our shot at the playoffs. I said he was stubborn numerous times, which you argued with me about, until you did a complete about turn.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet we are 3rd of the league despite all the above. 

So what formation and tactics would you like to see us play? We played 4-2-3-1 formation today and doesn't that suit our team? 

What odds would you like that we won’t finish in the top three at the end of the season ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This is pretty unbelievable revisionism.

Mowbray could do no wrong in your eyes until he’d completely sabotaged our shot at the playoffs. I said he was stubborn numerous times, which you argued with me about, until you did a complete about turn.

Miller, I was right for weeks before the PNE game we needed a formation change. No unbelievable revisionism was needed. You wanted to stick with formation that wasn't working at all

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What odds would you like that we won’t finish in the top three at the end of the season ?

I don't want any odds thanks. 

Miller, I was right for weeks before the PNE game we needed a formation change. No unbelievable revisionism was needed. You wanted to stick with formation that wasn't working at all

I don't want any odds thanks. 

364B0C92-330C-4264-902A-E528BC771809.thumb.jpeg.5df2ce6a61fc732ecc55b694e033b007.jpeg

you didn’t think Mowbray was stubborn in mid March did you? Only one of us seemed to be advocating a change then.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

First post alert!

Disappointing to lose today but not totally surprised. Don’t personally feel at the moment we have quite enough for the play offs and completely understand why that would be seen as a negative and missed opportunity from where we are in what is a very even (parachute money excepted) and distinctly average quality league. 

However, that our expectations are where they are is testament to our first half which results wise has exceeded all preconceptions even if the football has been more than a little dull in the main. Credit must go to players and coaches for that and I’m sure they’ll acknowledge the missed opportunities there have been too.

In the short term, the next 6 games are key if we do have play off ambitions this season as we’re playing largely the weaker sides as per the table so far. 

In the longer term, I’m cheered that at long last there appears to be a business plan rather than just a case of getting by each season. I never saw that with Tony in charge.

A change in playing style does take time (or big money) to implement and often looks ugly whilst that happens. Think we just need to get on board with that, and whilst there’s no guarantee, to give a little optimism;

Arsenal with Arteta are an example of sticking by a bloke and a plan. As are Brentford with Frank, whilst Brighton show the benefits of consistent style and plan even with changing coaches. 

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

364B0C92-330C-4264-902A-E528BC771809.thumb.jpeg.5df2ce6a61fc732ecc55b694e033b007.jpeg

you didn’t think Mowbray was stubborn in mid March did you? Only one of us seemed to be advocating a change then.

No point trying to prove anything on chaddy miller. The lad would give OJ Simpson's lawyer a run for his money.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

You wanted a change of manager not Mowbray changing formation to improve results and performance. 

I said on the 16th of March I would move to back 4-2-3-1 formation cos 3 at the back wasn't working. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35354-v-derby-county-h-15322/?do=findComment&comment=2304140

❚❚ v Coventry City (a) - 2/4/22 - Page 9 - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

On the 23rd February, I wanted us to play 4-3-3 formation against Sheff United 

❚❚ v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview - Page 28 - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gutted about losing today's game. Deserved a point. Thought JRC and Pickering were very good at stopping Roberts and Clarke having much impact. Thought Hyam and Ayala did fine against Stewart. I didn't think we ever got going today in attacking sense. That was disappointed for me today. 

Travis should do better for the second game. 

I do wonder if we should have bought on Wharton or Phillips for Dack and gone to back 5 to make sure we at least get a point from this game. 

I am not disheartened by today result and we moved on to the next game and lets get's maximum points from the next 2 home games now. 

Surely you support the team regardless whether you rate the players or not? 

Morton is key part of how we play and he has been a good loan signing for me

is Sam Burns is good enough for Championship? 

Hirst need a run of games to see whether he is good enough at this level  but he is going to bit part player with Gallagher the main striker and that the right choice. 

Markanday isn't striker either

I have never said Burns is good enough for the championship. What I have said is that I think Burns and Vale, are better at this moment than Hirst or Markanday. I don't know what is Markandays best position. But his only attribute that I have seen is his shot. That is used to it's best advantage, as a central striker.

Edited by rigger

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

The thing that has gotten to me, is the amount of times that JDT says after a game, we must learn from our poor performance, but nothing seems to happen. I have had enough.

This league really is piss poor,there for the taking...I still fear we will contrive to finish mid table.

Its stressful being a Rover these days.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

What narrative is that then Miller? 

This particular one is attempting to shut down any criticism of our current regime or deflect from inexcusable performances by repeating “We are third in the league”.

With the discussion we had you are pretending you didn’t blindly defend Mowbray until it became obvious we weren’t making the playoffs and his departure became the most obvious scenario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Well, I for one, would be quite hacked off - which, I think, equates to being "genuinely upset", if we finished 7th or 8th. To have spent so much of the season in the automatic promotion places and end up with not a shot at promotion would feel like an avoidable failure.

And I know that I'm one of the posters on here who's been most in favour of JDT's "Project", which he tells us will take three or four transfer windows before it will come to fruition.

But to have spent so much of his first season with promotion apparently within our grasp, yet in what seems to be a bang average Championship table - witness how few points there are between 7th/8th and 19th/20th ‐ to miss out on even the opportunity to compete for a place in the Premier League would be extremely disappointing, to put it mildly.

Apart from Burnley and SU this league is as poor as it's been for years.

The January window will show our ambition.

Boro and WBA are climbing the table, Norwich should improve after the window and I expect those 3 to finish above us.

So, imo we are still in the running for 6th place but not hopeful.

The Boro game is one to win.

Those championing "were 3rd" make the most of it over the next few days, before it becomes the plaintive cry of "we were 3rd at Christmas".

*I forgot Watford! They will be around the playoff mix too.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Apart from Burnley and SU this league is as poor as it's been for years.

The January window will show our ambition.

Boro and WBA are climbing the table, Norwich should improve after the window and I expect those 3 to finish above us.

So, imo we are still in the running for 6th place but not hopeful.

The Boro game is one to win.

Those championing "were 3rd" make the most of it over the next few days, before it becomes the plaintive cry of "we were 3rd at Christmas".

As often as I've heard "We are third", I have heard -and agreed- "we are shit"..

• Like 3