BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey still going on about him. Sacking him was right but the biggest problem was who replaced him with. 

It was utter insanity to sack Big Sam.

We were an established PL team pushing for top 8.

With reasonable backing, Sam would have taken us far.

The last 12 years have been utter sh1te and we are light years away from the PL.  Sadly, I do not expect to see Rovers back in PL in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Mercer, But the players have to take some of the responsibility for how we played in games. 

What do you mean by cut our losses and move on?  

Nope, the buck stops with the manager.  He's signed some rubbish and keeps selecting under-performers.

By cutting our losses, I mean I'd sack JDT.  IMO he's a dolloper full of scented bullsh1t which is conning many of our fans.

The signing of Hirst alone is IMO a sackable offence - my God, I think Hirst is the personification of hopelessness and lost causes.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  One meeting with Waggott and you've had a 360 degree hoodwinking.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

Yesterday's match was fairly typical of Rovers away performances this season. I didn't have much hope of anything else. We are a 'poor to average' team for this division. The defence is steady enough when defending (not farting about , trying the fancy passing). midfield is not competitive and attacking options are limited to BB doing something special. Never going to be a recipe for success. 

Shout out for JRC who at least turned up and played well with a bit of spirit.

If we are 'in transition' then why play Morton as he is not part of any future plans and is no better than what we already have. Nothing against him personally but it makes no sense.

Having said that, for the second season running we are in the playoff positions in January and have the opportunity to stay there. If, like last season, we take no serious steps to strengthen now then we all know the likely outcome. Other clubs will take the opportunity.

• Like 3

Absolutely shocking performance yet again against a bang average side. We deserved to get nothing and thats what we got.

Our squad is not strong enough partly due to an underwhelming transfer window and there seems to be a lack of a specific style.

The defence were ok for much of the game with Rankin Costello a stand out and Dack drops into space and plays clever passes that no one else can, Tomasson clearly has a personal issue with him because he always takes him off when physically he looks fine and the shake of the head said at all.

Gallagher was appalling, all of the flaws in his game evident, he couldn't hold it up at all which was really problematic. Brereton and Hedges are in poor form too.

I always had doubts about Buckley being a sitting midfielder and not unlike Morton, he is so ponderous that he regularly concedes possession. Neither sufficiently protect the defence

• Like 1

JDT claims he isn't afraid of big calls and backed it up with dropping captain Travis but we didn't look any better for his absence.  

So now it's time to grow a pair and drop Morton and tell the DoF to deal with any moaning Liverpool might do or any contracted nonsense. Because this guy is a constant weak link game in game out and we certainly shouldn't need him on there just for set pieces.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

@chaddyrovers I was asking you which option you believed to be true, not for directions to your sources.

ps I wish you'd stop multi-posting responses, it makes it nigh on impossible to reply to a specific.

The alternative though is we get half the threads clogged by Chaddy posts.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

The last 12 years have been utter sh1te and we are light years away from the PL.  Sadly, I do not expect to see Rovers back in PL in my lifetime.

Nope, the buck stops with the manager.  He's signed some rubbish and keeps selecting under-performers.

By cutting our losses, I mean I'd sack JDT.  IMO he's a dolloper full of scented bullsh1t which is conning many of our fans.

The signing of Hirst alone is IMO a sackable offence - my God, I think Hirst is the personification of hopelessness and lost causes.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  One meeting with Waggott and you've had a 360 degree hoodwinking.

I think you’re being a bit harsh on Hurst there. Like Diaz and Gallagher, the lad’s isolated with the system he’s put into. He’s no chance when we’re averaging about 1 shot a game. 

7 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

@chaddyrovers I was asking you which option you believed to be true, not for directions to your sources.

ps I wish you'd stop multi-posting responses, it makes it nigh on impossible to reply to a specific.

Just read the accounts and you seem what was needed to stop us going to transfer embargo last season. The club also commented about how close we were to failing FFP rules

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Chaddy if you want me to have the same opinion as you on things such as FFP you're going to have to do better than rely on articles from 'Lancashire Live'

It was article with Football finance expert Kieran Maguire who comment on Rovers finances. That was the point of the article.m 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack drops into space and plays clever passes that no one else can, Tomasson clearly has a personal issue with him because he always takes him off when physically he looks fine and the shake of the head said at all.

JDT and his staff will have access to fitness stats and everything that we don't. Dack wasn't in the game and do very little tbh

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

We have to discuss on Big Sam and him being sacked, But I am not going over again. 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

No way would I sack JDT this season or next. This sacking talk of JDT is totally bonkers. 

The last point is below the belt and is totally BS. 

26 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I think you’re being a bit harsh on Hurst there. Like Diaz and Gallagher, the lad’s isolated with the system he’s put into. He’s no chance when we’re averaging about 1 shot a game. 

When you’re playing up front the one thing you want is service. Ideally balls coming in from the flanks or clever balls threaded through the lines. We don’t have much of either. Nobody would thrive playing up front for us at the moment.

l

• Like 3

Weve played half decent once in our last four league games and that was against norwich ( who now have sacked smith ) were we got a bit of the bounce with both goals

My prediction for 23 is of us dropping out the play off frame in early Feb and season over for Easter while Diaz heads for sunny Spain

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’re playing up front the one thing you want is service. Ideally balls coming in from the flanks or clever balls threaded through the lines. We don’t have much of either. Nobody would thrive playing up front for us at the moment.

l

JDT needs to start changing tactics so the front players get more service

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just read the accounts and you seem what was needed to stop us going to transfer embargo last season. The club also commented about how close we were to failing FFP rules

It was article with Football finance expert Kieran Maguire who comment on Rovers finances. That was the point of the article.m 

JDT and his staff will have access to fitness stats and everything that we don't. Dack wasn't in the game and do very little tbh

Not interested in theories about fitness stats. He was the most useful of the front 4 and replaced by an absolute donkey who didnt bring any energy, just left us essentially with 10 men. It was the wrong call.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not interested in theories about fitness stats. He was the most useful of the front 4 and replaced by an absolute donkey who didnt bring any energy, just left us essentially with 10 men. It was the wrong call.

None of the front 4 did anything. All has bad as each other. 

Didn't Travis replace Dack tho? 

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

l

Even Shearer would struggle to do anything with the supply our forwards get most games.what happened to get it wide and cross it in the box,we won a title doing that,for people that will say we dont have the players to play that way,well FFS get some then!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Even Shearer would struggle to do anything with the supply our forwards get most games.what happened to get it wide and cross it in the box,we won a title doing that,for people that will say we dont have the players to play that way,well FFS get some then!!

First thing Kompany did, signed a load of players who can play out wide. Proper wide players, not the likes of Gallagher. If one’s not performing drag him off and get another one on. Simple really.

He was a defender, he knows how hard it is to defend when you’ve been turned around and you’re running back facing your own goal.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He should know that, he’s played up front himself. How would he go on playing for Rovers if he was in his prime ?

Hed be lost without service

another of his mad tactics I cant get my head around

5 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Hed be lost without service

another of his mad tactics I cant get my head around

That’s what happened to him at Newcastle I believe. No service = no goals. 4 goals in 35 games apparently.

Playing up front feeding off scraps is the worst place to be on a football pitch. Been there, done that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces