BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things that drive you nuts about the beautiful game.

Fans holding players to different standards based on their own agenda.

If someone like Morton, Pears, Gallagher had been out injured and off watching Arsenal/City rather than at the Rovers game they'd be getting absolute pelters. As it is, Adam Wharton gets a free pass because he ("allegedly" - based on the other night) supports Rovers

• Like 3

Feigning injury is one of my bugbears, primadonas going down holding their face when they haven’t been touched anywhere near their precious heads. 
Why don’t we have a rule that if the physio has to come on, then we assume the injury is serious enough to require some proper treatment. Ok the player then must go off the pitch and stay off for a minimum of say 7 minutes. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hardly saw a physio so often in the future. 

Edited by Ianrally

Now then, I can't stand Arsenal and most of their fans but I agree with many of the sentiments in this very good piece on the BBC about how many "proper" football fans feel disconnected from the modern game and why they no longer attend matches 

Dial Square FC is Arsenal's original name

A good read

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64641090

• Like 2

Regarding bad chants and chanting in general, these are two for the "youngsters" on here.

In the late 1950s me and my mate were walking down to the ground. We were playing North End. In those days chants were very basic.

1-2-3-4, who do you think we're shouting for--- R O V E R S Rovers!

2-4-6-8, who do we appreciate---- P R E S T O N Preston!    Or vice versa.

So on this particular day we listened to the chant from the ground and my mate grinned and told me that that chant was Rovers because we always speedied up on the R O V E R S part whereas others kept in beat. I already knew that but he was tickled pink.

*************************************************************************************

In the early 1960s we were standing in the paddock (the enclosure), the standing area in front of the Nuttall Street stand. The Blackburn End started up with "We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Liverpool too" etc. We joined in the singing.

After "Nottingham Forest" three girls in front of us turned round and shouted, "So do we."  They were wearing black and white scarves. Our opponents were Notts County.

• Like 2

Some may have been mentioned.

·       Standing over ball at free kicks-instant yellow. Keep the game flowing/exciting.

·       Head injuries-too many feigned to stop play. Automatic 10 mins off or similar.

·       Time keeping-completely take it out of the hands of the ref. No problem in rugby. Clock stops for injuries etc. Should stop faking injury.

·       Diving/feigning injury

·       Goalies feigning head injury

·       Fans moaning about refs and the lack of quality. Who on earth would do it if, as many argue, they should get the sack after a bad decision? Ex pros? No chance-they know how poorly paid it is and the grief that refs receive. None coming up from grass roots due to the morons causing GBH/abuse etc at amateur level.

·       Phones generally. People on them the whole game talking not watching match or filming.

·       Fans more interested in watching opposition fans than the match

·       Players constantly messing with their hair

·       Players with ridiculous long shorts

·       Waving imaginary yellow –should receive an instant yellow

·       5 subs –too many

·       Sweet Caroline

·       Ban towels for throw in

·       Swearing/arguing with refs. Not having this argument that ‘it’s a man’s game, industrial language will be used.’ No need at all. Doesn’t happen in rugby.

·       Crowding refs.

·       VAR. Generally a fan but obviously some recent mistakes are odd. But why not show it in the stadium? Happens in rugby. Would quite like to see it simplified maybe. Each side gets 2 calls on VAR. No other VAR decisions. Captain only can decide within 15 seconds or so. Can only be done for a red card, a goal, an offside, a penalty. Would be interesting to see a captain asking a striker who has just dived to get a penalty if he wants a review to happen.

·       Pass back to keeper –just ban it?

·       Gary Neville

• Like 1