BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things that drive you nuts about the beautiful game.

31 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The misconception that Newcastle have the most loyal fans in the world, and that they're long suffering (or were till the recent takeover).

The shit ale at most grounds.  I know its not specifically football, but its part and parcel of the day out for many.  Rather bizarrely one of the best pints I've had this season was at the Turf!

Clinton Morrison.

"Who are ya" chants.

"Insert name here is a shithole, I wanna go home" - GO THEN.

Sky Sports trying to force womens football on us.

Its getting particularly annoying alright.   You see a breaking news banner and the presenter announces Liverpool have made a big signing and its some female player.  Total con job. 

Also every pundit panel having either a female presenter or female pundit on almost every game.  Its like one of your mates bringing his girlfriend on a  stag do.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I know what you mean - some are awful places. Try Northampton Town's Sixfields

Derby's Pride Park however I find to be  a very pleasant new build and not at all like the others

Coventry's was good too

All of them are better than the likes of Luton's stinking slum

Renaming Ewood is a red line for me. I wouldn't go

I have been the Sixfields and agree entirely - your stereotypical chain restaurant and supermarket next door job. At least you can watch from the hill outside to save on the admission! Derby is saved by the wonderful array of pubs right by the station! I have never been to Coventry for football but it certainly appears to follow the trend of new stadiums being built in the middle of nowhere in particular.

I am very surprised we haven't at least openly attempted to sell off Ewood's name by now. Mind you, we'd probably flog it for a tenner to some stand on Blackburn Market.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Knowsley Road actually meant something to me. The trouble with Rugby League, and I’m a season ticket holder at my local club, is that everything is up for sale.

The branding of everything in senior rugby league bothers me, it belies its still distinctly working class manner. They feel as old as time now, but proper strongholds being called Tigers, Wolves, Bulls and what have you is just so against what the sport actually is.

Still, at least the big guns don't have to worry about being so off they get relegated now... I'm not well-versed in RL by any means but I get the impression the game in this country lurches from one crisis to the next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I hate this chant as much as Sweet Caroline being played after a win. 

I annoy those around me 'cos I can't help by responding "You're from [insert name], lads. Give over". 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Knowsley Road actually meant something to me. The trouble with Rugby League, and I’m a season ticket holder at my local club, is that everything is up for sale.

There's literally no money in the game - it'll be semi-pro in a few years. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Its getting particularly annoying alright.   You see a breaking news banner and the presenter announces Liverpool have made a big signing and its some female player.  Total con job. 

Also every pundit panel having either a female presenter or female pundit on almost every game.  Its like one of your mates bringing his girlfriend on a  stag do.

Women enjoy men's footy too, nothing wrong with them being pundits.

I often find them more bearable than the men!

• Like 4

Just now, Mike E said:

No doubt but it pure tokenism just to fulfill a PC box ticking exercise.  For me football is a lads thing to get away from the women like women have a girls night out to get away from the men.  They wouldn;t like it if the men started going along cramping their style.

• Like 1

Rules that exist that are just never upheld. There's too many to list. But it's just the way refereeing is taken into subjective hands when there are clear objective rules.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The misconception that Newcastle have the most loyal fans in the world, and that they're long suffering (or were till the recent takeover).

The shit ale at most grounds.  I know its not specifically football, but its part and parcel of the day out for many.  Rather bizarrely one of the best pints I've had this season was at the Turf!

Clinton Morrison.

"Who are ya" chants.

Sky Sports trying to force womens football on us.

1n0z99.jpg

• Like 3

Football matches at all levels moved for Tv coverage is the main thing for me, which is to the determent of football fans up and down this country.

Foreign ownership/fit and proper person criteria also deserves a mention.

Everything else I can just about stomach.....

• Like 3

On 05/01/2023 at 05:39, arbitro said:

Seeing grown men at football matches using their camera phones to film a corner (or whatever) being taken irritates me. I often wonder what they do with the footage.

A bit like all the hundreds of concerts i have been to and captured all the important moments. All currently residing patiently in the cloud waiting for me to retrieve them. Meanwhile Apple is charging me for the privilege of using bazillibytes of cloud storage with them. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2023 at 06:33, riverholmes said:

Players putting their hands behind their backs when defending their box to reduce risk of giving away a penalty. This is a fairly new behaviour - is it connected with rule changes for hand ball?

I didn’t think there was a problem with the rules based on intentional/accidental hand ball, as they were before, even if there were debatable cases.

My other bug bear is how repressed player creativity is. I’d like players to express themselves but the modern elite game seems safety first, probably, at least partly connected to the financial stakes.

Agree. When was the last time you saw a player put his foot on the ball and look for options. Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a player take on a defence single handedly from midfield rather get clapped for passing the ball sideways. 

Aaronson got punished for passing the ball back the other night against West Ham. 

On 05/01/2023 at 07:06, Nuttall is lost said:

anything post 90s really😂

1. Short corners

2. Generic box netting.  Where have all the individual stanchions gone such as Chelsea,, Southampton etc.

3. Every pitch is cut the same way.  No diamond patterns or interesting designs.

4.  More than 2 subs allowed.  Never see an outfield player going back in goals now.

5. Wages.  Players are no longer relatable and are primadonnas.

6. Social media. ''we go again Saturday'' followed by a fist bump or strong arm emoji.

7. Lack of toilet rolls being thrown onto the pitch.

8. LED pitchside advertising particularly the double decker type that MAn City use

9. Too many foreigners and too big squads.  Used to be able to name off most teams 1-11.  Now the players change so often and are taken from foreign leagues that I no longer can name more than a handful from each team.

10. Slim fitting shirts but baggy shorts.  Don't look right to me Jeff.

11. Generic bowl stadiums.  Boring.  The World Cup in Qatar all looked like they were being played in the same stadium.

12.  Lack of dug outs below pitch level like the old ones at Anfield.

More to come no doubt....

Scorching list don’t you think Jeff?

On 05/01/2023 at 07:45, jim mk2 said:

I know what you mean - some are awful places. Try Northampton Town's Sixfields

Derby's Pride Park however I find to be  a very pleasant new build and not at all like the others

Coventry's was good too

All of them are better than the likes of Luton's stinking slum

Renaming Ewood is a red line for me. I wouldn't go

So Venky’s Ewood for 20 million isn’t tempting? 😂

On 05/01/2023 at 09:13, Mike E said:

I have to say Rebecca Lowe Anchor on NBC with the two Robbies and Tim Howard in the U.S is infinitely better than the snoozefest that is Armchair Theatre aka  Match of The Day

• Like 2

Oh another couple.  

The routine shirt pulling and arms around each other at corners. A few bookings and penalties would sort that out.

My favourite is arguing with the ref. “I would l luv it” if some one introduced a law that pushed the play up ten yards every time it happened  as in Rugby. That would shut a few gobs up. 

• Like 3

On 05/01/2023 at 10:39, arbitro said:

Seeing grown men at football matches using their camera phones to film a corner (or whatever) being taken irritates me. I often wonder what they do with the footage.

This in any walk of life these days

You go to a concert, public procession, fireworks show, whatever - you name it and there will be people watching through their phone screen

I don't get it...be in the moment!

• Like 4