BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things that drive you nuts about the beautiful game.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

That decision in the Liverpool Wolves game just now, one of the worst offside calls you’ll ever see (after West Ham at Ewood)

not even close to offside and VAR fails to correct it 

it was so bad you start thinking is this game corrupt,it`s probably not but some of the decisions  are beyond comprehension

• Moderation Lead

It’s not VAR that’s the issue, it’s those implementing it and their interpretation of the rules. 
Absolutely incredible that Salah’s goal was onside and the late Wolves one was given as offside. 🥴.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

so VAR is the problem cos its still down to people opinions of the rules. Its not like cricket when its out of not. clear rules

Salah goal was similar to Everton one on Friday night. one given and one not 

That’s exactly what I said 🙃.

Offside isn’t variable, you’re offside or you’re not- doesn’t get much clearer than that!

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

That’s exactly what I said 🙃.

Offside isn’t variable, you’re offside or you’re not- doesn’t get much clearer than that!

Yes but people are interpreting the rules different and that's the problem with football. VAR is just making it worst and I would like it out of football full stop. Also why is the no camera angle to show that Wolves 3rd goal should have stood?

we still see weekly mistakes from VAR officials on a regular basis.  

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes but people are interpreting the rules different and that's the problem with football. VAR is just making it worst and I would like it out of football full stop. Also why is the no camera angle to show that Wolves 3rd goal should have stood?

we still see weekly mistakes from VAR officials on a regular basis.  

Exactly, so it’s the rules that need to be fixed. Fair enough, there shouldn’t be any missing camera angles, that’s absolutely shambolic. But it was the on pitch linesman that called that as offside….

48 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Exactly, so it’s the rules that need to be fixed. Fair enough, there shouldn’t be any missing camera angles, that’s absolutely shambolic. But it was the on pitch linesman that called that as offside….

And he was badly wrong with his decision. 

This is why I would like to see ex pro's or players who don't make it at professional level into refereeing profession as they have some knowledge and understanding of the game 

On 07/01/2023 at 00:43, bigbrandjohn said:

My wife has lobbed one into the hopper. 

Players who stop, start and jink about as they take penalties.  She loves it when they miss. 

Too right, I want to see them miss every time. 

I thought there was a law that said you were not allowed to break stride in the run up! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nunes wasn't offside. 

One of the problems here is that the TV cameras wasn't in the right place. I am not a fan of VAR and yesterday decision isn't the first time we seen get it wrong

The lack of camera angle was poor so they had to stick to the linesman's decision.

Therefore without VAR, the goal would still have been disallowed.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The lack of camera angle was poor so they had to stick to the linesman's decision.

Therefore without VAR, the goal would still have been disallowed.

I find its bizarre that they were no camera angle available to make a decision. Something that needs looking at

I don't mind linesman making mistakes but with VAR available that decision should have been correct. We can all make mistakes. That's life

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 07/01/2023 at 13:23, roverandout said:

Just listen to when a goal is scored. With women they put on an over the top voice. When its men it comes natural.  I'm not anti female.  It's just a find female commentators to be bland and uninspiring 

Loads of men sound forced as well tbf.

Jonathan Pierce springs to mind.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Loads of men sound forced as well tbf.

Jonathan Pierce springs to mind.

I hear what ur saying but that's his commentary style.  It's just when a goal has Been scored.  Female commentators usually go in a forced manner 'Oh its a goal, what a strike' they try to force enthusiasm 

• Like 2

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I hear what ur saying but that's his commentary style.  It's just when a goal has Been scored.  Female commentators usually go in a forced manner 'Oh its a goal, what a strike' they try to force enthusiasm 

I can see what you mean. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I do understand it from others' POV 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Not surprising in this day and age how mens and womens records have all of a sudden merged together and the press and media are all over it.

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/beth-mead-getting-better-each-day-breaks-jimmy-greaves-england-record

Totally disrespectful to a legend that is Jimmy Greaves.

Different game, different sex, different era. Does Beth Mead know Jimmy Greaves was a man? How many Internationals did Jimmy play in that record breaking year compared to how many Beth Mead played in her record breaking year?

It’s not exactly her fault, the media especially the BBC are to blame for most of this shit. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Different game, different sex, different era. Does Beth Mead know Jimmy Greaves was a man? How many Internationals did Jimmy play in that record breaking year compared to how many Beth Mead played in her record breaking year?

It’s not exactly her fault, the media especially the BBC are to blame for most of this shit. 

'This shit' seems to be what an overwhelming majority of players want when you talk to them, or hear interviews.

Think it's just the times moving forward.

Never understood the strange obsession people have with what sportspeople have in their pants. It's never mattered when looking back at Olympic and Paralympic records, yet suddenly people think it matters in individual sports.

It's weird to me. Same with these people objecting to the award named 'Player of the Match'. They froth at the mouth, demanding the need to know the sex of the player being credited. 'IT SHOULD BE MAN OF THE MATCH, I NEED CONFIRMATION THEY HAVE A KNOB AND BALLS!'