BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things that drive you nuts about the beautiful game.

Unless I missed a change in the law. Tottenham corner and the linesman standing there. I see it all the time. 

Other contenders

”We will take each game as it comes.” Every manager asked if they have a chance of winning anything. 

“The club is on a journey.” Every manager after a run of losses to avoid any questions about the sack. 

Any other beefs as we wait for when Saturday comes. 

310BD289-0299-40FB-9A8A-8D190BC71245.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone who starts a sentence with "No disrespect to"...and then goes on to completely disrespect whoever they are talking about.

Managers who say "Players/team will learn from this"... They never do

Edited by 1874
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Pretending to be more badly hurt than you actually are from a tackle. Real men do the opposite and then smash him the next chance you get.

When I played back in the Stone Age you did you level best to show your opponent that the tackle that left you with a gash on your shin hadn’t actually hurt you at all. Then, as you say, you waited for a chance to get your own back. Most refs were aware of what was going on and only intervened when things got silly.

I remember watching Leeds v Man City back in the day. Mike Summerbee for City and his immediate opponent for Leeds, Willie Bell, had a game all of their own with no ball involved. The ref just let them get on with it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I played back in the Stone Age you did you level best to show your opponent that the tackle that left you with a gash on your shin hadn’t actually hurt you at all. Then, as you say, you waited for a chance to get your own back. Most refs were aware of what was going on and only intervened when things got silly.

I remember watching Leeds v Man City back in the day. Mike Summerbee for City and his immediate opponent for Leeds, Willie Bell, had a game all of their own with no ball involved. The ref just let them get on with it.

I just watched a video of Duncan Ferguson and Razor Ruddock smashing the shyte out of each other. Every time they just got back up and gave a sly look to the other just to let them know that next time they were gonna get a good leathering.

• Like 1

Another irksome thing that bothers me is when footballers use social media to apologise for lack of effort or poor performance.  'I'm sorry I couldn't turn up today. I apologise profusely'.  Etc etc. imagine if u put on facebook about not bothering to do any work at ur employment.  'Oh I'm sorry boss I didn't try. U understand '

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Another irksome thing that bothers me is when footballers use social media to apologise for lack of effort or poor performance.  'I'm sorry I couldn't turn up today. I apologise profusely'.  Etc etc. imagine if u put on face-off about not bothering to do any work at ur employment.  'Oh I'm sorry boss I didn't try. U understand '

I mentioned the other day that Buckley did the right thing to apologise for his red card and recognise his naivety, but what matters is righting the wrongs on the pitch, i.e., actions speak louder than words. Frankly speaking, they are just appeasing certain people and telling them what they want to hear, even if it's with good intentions. It's a load of nonsense and a waste of everyone's time in reality.

I hate it when players blatantly flick the ball away to waste time. The clock should be automated. Scrap injury time, and stop the clock when it's out of play or in a dead ball situation instead of making the whole routine boring. Players will only start being honest if the authorities set the example, which they absolutely don't.

• Like 3

Free kicks in the middle third are often not marked by the ref resulting in the opposition players standing a foot away to stop the kick being taken.

It even seems acceptable to the team taking the free kick who often just do a short pass sideways or backwards.

Plus everything listed in this thread so far and those to come.

There are so many it's a bit perverse to watch the constant con tricks at play every match.

• Like 1

Play acting and feigning injury to get players booked. Players demanding the referee book or send off another player.

Spitting in another player's  face's. If someone did that to me I'd break their jaw with one punch and walk off the field

Some of the downsides of the foreign influence in our game. 

• Like 3

Players putting their hands behind their backs when defending their box to reduce risk of giving away a penalty. This is a fairly new behaviour - is it connected with rule changes for hand ball?

I didn’t think there was a problem with the rules based on intentional/accidental hand ball, as they were before, even if there were debatable cases.

My other bug bear is how repressed player creativity is. I’d like players to express themselves but the modern elite game seems safety first, probably, at least partly connected to the financial stakes.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Seeing grown men at football matches using their camera phones to film a corner (or whatever) being taken irritates me. I often wonder what they do with the footage.

I remember going to a Rochdale Hornets v Wigan game back in the day. Spotland Stadium wasn’t all seated then and a Wigan fan near to where I was stood set up a video camera on a monopole in one corner of the stand. He spent the whole of the game watching the play through the view finder of the camera ! What is that all about ? He wasn’t an official camera man for instance.

• Like 1

anything post 90s really😂

1. Short corners

2. Generic box netting.  Where have all the individual stanchions gone such as Chelsea,, Southampton etc.

3. Every pitch is cut the same way.  No diamond patterns or interesting designs.

4.  More than 2 subs allowed.  Never see an outfield player going back in goals now.

5. Wages.  Players are no longer relatable and are primadonnas.

6. Social media. ''we go again Saturday'' followed by a fist bump or strong arm emoji.

7. Lack of toilet rolls being thrown onto the pitch.

8. LED pitchside advertising particularly the double decker type that MAn City use

9. Too many foreigners and too big squads.  Used to be able to name off most teams 1-11.  Now the players change so often and are taken from foreign leagues that I no longer can name more than a handful from each team.

10. Slim fitting shirts but baggy shorts.  Don't look right to me Jeff.

11. Generic bowl stadiums.  Boring.  The World Cup in Qatar all looked like they were being played in the same stadium.

12.  Lack of dug outs below pitch level like the old ones at Anfield.

More to come no doubt....

• Like 7

The misconception that Newcastle have the most loyal fans in the world, and that they're long suffering (or were till the recent takeover).

The shit ale at most grounds.  I know its not specifically football, but its part and parcel of the day out for many.  Rather bizarrely one of the best pints I've had this season was at the Turf!

Clinton Morrison.

"Who are ya" chants.

"Insert name here is a shithole, I wanna go home" - GO THEN.

Sky Sports trying to force womens football on us.

• Like 5

- Soulless, identical, uninspiring new build stadiums that look like they've been torn from a catalog page. Southampton, Derby, Leicester, Stoke, Middlesbrough... all the same, despite widely differing geography, fanbases, local heritage, etc. Dare I say I feel slightly the same about some of the rebuilds too?

- On a similar note, naming rights to grounds. The Super Awesome Construction Arena? Fuck off. Hopefully Waggot doesn't get ideas...

- The "You're Shit, Ahhhhhhhhh" chant. Get it and the people who chant it launched into orbit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

anything post 90s really😂

1. Short corners

2. Generic box netting.  Where have all the individual stanchions gone such as Chelsea,, Southampton etc.

3. Every pitch is cut the same way.  No diamond patterns or interesting designs.

4.  More than 2 subs allowed.  Never see an outfield player going back in goals now.

5. Wages.  Players are no longer relatable and are primadonnas.

6. Social media. ''we go again Saturday'' followed by a fist bump or strong arm emoji.

7. Lack of toilet rolls being thrown onto the pitch.

8. LED pitchside advertising particularly the double decker type that MAn City use

9. Too many foreigners and too big squads.  Used to be able to name off most teams 1-11.  Now the players change so often and are taken from foreign leagues that I no longer can name more than a handful from each team.

10. Slim fitting shirts but baggy shorts.  Don't look right to me Jeff.

11. Generic bowl stadiums.  Boring.  The World Cup in Qatar all looked like they were being played in the same stadium.

12.  Lack of dug outs below pitch level like the old ones at Anfield.

More to come no doubt....

The trouble with modern players is they think they’re actually worth the daft wages they’re getting paid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GHR said:

- Soulless, identical, uninspiring new build stadiums that look like they've been torn from a catalog page. Southampton, Derby, Leicester, Stoke, Middlesbrough... all the same, despite widely differing geography, fanbases, local heritage, etc. Dare I say I feel slightly the same about some of the rebuilds too?

On a similar note, naming rights to grounds. The Super Awesome Construction Arena? Fuck off. Hopefully Waggot doesn't get ideas...

I know what you mean - some are awful places. Try Northampton Town's Sixfields

Derby's Pride Park however I find to be  a very pleasant new build and not at all like the others

Coventry's was good too

All of them are better than the likes of Luton's stinking slum

Renaming Ewood is a red line for me. I wouldn't go

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I know what you mean - some are awful places. Try Northampton Town's Sixfields

Derby's Pride Park however I find to be  a very pleasant new build and not at all like the others

Coventry's was good too

All of them are better than the likes of Luton's stinking slum

Renaming Ewood is a red line for me. I wouldn't go

The Totally Wicked Arena

• Like 1