BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

25 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I know STH get priority on away ticket sales, but do they get any other ‘benefits’?- I’m thinking of things like a discount in the club shop and on the concourses.

Off the top of my head, I think for away sales this season, a season ticket has only really been beneficial for Burnley away (and even then it was a ball ache without 1875 membership), it made Sheff Utd in the cup easier but didn't we still make open sale then too?

Back in the day it was pretty much a must have if you wanted to go a number of games, christ we had to fill application forms out for Blackpool away didn't we?

• Like 1

When you have so few ST holders these days, and many of the remaining rump aren’t away game goers anyway, it’s now always highly unlikely that we sell out aways before open sale (the likes of the Dingles, a one off very small allocation aside).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

As with any other industry it ultimately comes down to how good the product is and the price being charged for it.

In the case of Rovers, the product isn’t limited to ‘on the field’.

For example, I expect there are some fans who aren’t willing to pay these prices, but would be if they knew the money would definitely be invested in the team.

One thing I would look to do (on top of lowering the prices) is charging the same amount whether someone pays ‘upfront’ or in installments.

I know STH get priority on away ticket sales, but do they get any other ‘benefits’?- I’m thinking of things like a discount in the club shop and on the concourses.

You got to club cash to spend in the club shop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thoughtful piece Herbie, however your final paragraph…

‘home league games worked in the 1970s - but we are in the Web 3.0, contactless payment, e-commerce, blockchain, subscription world - is it still truly fit for purpose ? ‘

I would say booming attendances across English football, PNE, Bolton etc. selling considerably more STs than they did pre Covid says they still do work in the format they are in and it’s price, price, price.

It may well be so…in that case, the debate needs to move on to a discussion about how to improve the holistic offering to encourage fans to spend more whilst on the Ewood campus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can debate it, indeed I enjoy discussing the art of the possible with folk on here that are fizzing with good ideas.

However, I’m afraid it will all be in cold storage until we get a new CEO.

I suspect you are correct…but for some reason I feel compelled to stir the debate…I need to get out more. Thank goodness for the cricket season…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Need to get the Stanley commercial team in. Non league level support base yet they ‘sweat the assets’, provide a far superior match day experience on buttons.

Nothing will change whilst Waggot is CEO, been saying the same since the league one promotion. 

Cash first fans are a distant thought. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course. Just need that corner flag statement so the club can try and get out of suspended animation.

‘Steve Waggott has retired….’

Oh how I would celebrate that day, meanwhile the Chadster would be in mourning ☹️ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

As with any other industry it ultimately comes down to how good the product is and the price being charged for it.

In the case of Rovers, the product isn’t limited to ‘on the field’.

For example, I expect there are some fans who aren’t willing to pay these prices, but would be if they knew the money would definitely be invested in the team.

One thing I would look to do (on top of lowering the prices) is charging the same amount whether someone pays ‘upfront’ or in installments.

Free entry to U21 games.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Need to get the Stanley commercial team in. Non league level support base yet they ‘sweat the assets’, provide a far superior match day experience on buttons.

This isn’t meant to ‘belittle’ Stanley, but if they can do it why can’t we?

I think this can be answered with one phrase:

‘a willingness and determination to do so’

• Like 3

For me, season tickets should be priced based on people’s annual incomes. Apart from the Ribble Valley, East Lancs is a poor area. Obviously there would need a system put in place to avoid system abuse. As an example though: 

Less than £20k- £150 

£20k- £25k- £200

£26-£30k- £250

… and so on. 

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

For me, season tickets should be priced based on people’s annual incomes. Apart from the Ribble Valley, East Lancs is a poor area. Obviously there would need a system put in place to avoid system abuse. As an example though: 

Less than £20k- £150 

£20k- £25k- £200

£26-£30k- £250

… and so on. 

Almost impossible to ‘police’

Also, it’s possible to be ‘cash rich’ but ‘income poor’ 

• Like 2