BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Spot on.

I certainly thought Norwich, Watford and WBA would do better and didn't think for a moment that Luton, Coventry and Sunderland would make the playoffs.

Apart from Burnley, SU and in half the season Boro to a lesser extent, this has been a league of similar very average team.

This explains how we were ourselves still in the mix after a truly awful, some would say pathetic, run of results, just 8 points from 27 in 9 games*, at the sharp end when it mattered.

We screwed up a major opportunity and I just cannot see the Championship being as rubbish next season.

* Without checking that form over a season must be close to guaranteeing relegation

Re your * - we’d have been bottom (by a point)

18 minutes ago, philipl said:

Boro and Coventry were in the relegation places in October which because of the World Cup was nearly half the season gone!

More like 1/3 of the season - their runs were still very impressive though.

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Boro and Coventry were in the relegation places in October which because of the World Cup was nearly half the season gone!

No doubt assisted by being awarded 8 & 7 penalties respectively and of course, a goal scoring keeper. In contrast, only Huddersfield were awarded less than our 2 spot kicks, one of which was after we had already scored a goal. We aren’t a lucky team 🙈

Edited by Penwortham Blue

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

No doubt assisted by being awarded 8 & 7 penalties respectively and of course, a goal scoring keeper. In contrast, only Huddersfield were awarded less than our 2 spot kicks.

Probably because we barely spend any time in the box. We just pass it around the outside of the box, with no striker in the middle. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

No doubt assisted by being awarded 8 & 7 penalties respectively and of course, a goal scoring keeper. In contrast, only Huddersfield were awarded less than our 2 spot kicks.

You need the ball and Rovers players in the opposition penalty area to stand any chance of a penalty being awarded.

2 awarded to us seems fair on that basis.

I'm only being partially flippant.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks.

I was more thinking on an average over a number of seasons but you confirm my thinking.

Over the last nine seasons (including this one):

we’d have been relegated 4 times 

there’d have been 2 further times when it would’ve depended on gd

and 2 more on top of that where we’d have been safe by a single point 

• Like 1