BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/may/02/decider-at-the-den-selected-by-sky/

Live on Sky but thankfully the kick off time is cast in stone otherwise we'd be looking at stupid o'clock again.

The odds are stacked against us but all we can do is go there and win and hope (for a change) the footballing Gods look favourably down on us. I've learned over the decades to never say never where Rovers are concerned and in many respects there is more pressure on Millwall to win and they will be nervously looking at the other scores too. 

• J*B pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Are all Championship games not on the red button? Just for when we inevitably go a goal up so we can flick over to the others.

My understanding is that there are two or three of the dedicated Sky Sports channels to be used for Championship games on Monday. My guess is that West Brom and Sunderland would be covered too and potentially Huddersfield v Reading although that could be dependent on Thursdays result.

• Like 1

my team 

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Thomas Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher/Leonard

depends if Gallagher is fit enough to start or not, if so start him 

37 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Are all Championship games not on the red button? Just for when we inevitably go a goal up so we can flick over to the others.

don't think so. I think Sky Sports will another championship, which they haven't decided yet. Sky has picked 2 league 1 games and 2 league 2 games already but only 1 championship game so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Thomas Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher/Leonard

depends if Gallagher is fit enough to start or not, if so start him 

don't think so. I think Sky Sports will another championship, which they haven't decided yet. Sky has picked 2 league 1 games and 2 league 2 games already but only 1 championship game so far. 

Hedges doesn’t do enough for me but then again neither does Dolan. Tough one but Thomas defiantly to start. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski

Jrc.   Carter  hyam. Pickering

Travis.  Wharton

Thomas.   Dack.    Szmodics

Gally / Leonard

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Brittain, Edun, Hedges, Dolan, Gally / Leonard

I like the look of that! 

My nephew likes to watch the warm up from the front of the Riverside pre-match and we stood right in front of the shooting drills. It was frightening to see. Only one player looked a remotely competent finisher - didn’t miss, clearly had better technique than all the rest, every type of shot hit the back of the net. That man was Bradley Dack.

• Like 5

Kaminski

Brittain - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

JRC  -  Wharton  -  Travis

Thomas  -  ???  -  Szmodics

Back to 3 in the middle - no idea who starts upfront, maybe even have to go for Gally if fit!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I like the look of that! 

My nephew likes to watch the warm up from the front of the Riverside pre-match and we stood right in front of the shooting drills. It was frightening to see. Only one player looked a remotely competent finisher - didn’t miss, clearly had better technique than all the rest, every type of shot hit the back of the net. That man was Bradley Dack.

Unfortunately he can't move anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unfortunately he can't move anymore. 

Lazy argument and untrue. He was never the quickest but his movement is a lot cleverer than most. Bringing him on when they have shut up shop like they did yesterday was never going to be easy for him, but he offered miles more than any of the front three that started.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Lazy argument and untrue. He was never the quickest but his movement is a lot cleverer than most. Bringing him on when they have shut up shop like they did yesterday was never going to be easy for him, but he offered miles more than any of the front three that started.

Dacks problem being, how long would he last if he was a starter, now.

Just now, rigger said:

Dacks problem being, how long would he last if he was a starter, now.

Hopefully long enough to get a goal. Better starting him and hopefully getting our noses in front and subbing him off once he’s knackered.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know about his fitness but if for enough for the bench, I think his very limited use these last few weeks has been a big error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Hopefully long enough to get a goal. Better starting him and hopefully getting our noses in front and subbing him off once he’s knackered.

Dack is an interesting one - I thought he gave the ball away far too often - and to be honest at times didn't realise he was on the pitch. However - he is the one player on the pitch who would have been able to sniff out a chance (though few were created after he came on).

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I like the look of that! 

Not sure I'd agree with that - me and my little lad were watching the drill from directly behind it (in the B'burn End).

Loads of players were surprisingly decent, even Pickering and JRC scored a couple of crackers. Szmodics and BBD also decent.

Dack did look the better of the lot, but it'd be unfair to suggest the rest were shite.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Kaminski

Brittain - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

JRC  -  Wharton  -  Travis

Thomas  -  ???  -  Szmodics

Back to 3 in the middle - no idea who starts upfront, maybe even have to go for Gally if fit!

I'd go with this. Any of Dack, Leonard or Gallagher through the middle. Probably in that order.

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Although I think Kaminski is our best GK why change now?

Can he play it out from the back when under pressure?

Like it or not that's our game now 

I would think he can upto a certain point, then when he feels uncomfortable, he could just put his foot through the ball. I cannot see JDT trying to justify dropping him for doing something right. Remember the TEAM is No1.

29 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Although I think Kaminski is our best GK why change now?

Can he play it out from the back when under pressure?

Like it or not that's our game now 

Hyam and Carter cannot play it out the back when under pressure. Have we scored a single goal this season that started with suicide passes in our own half? By comparison we've looked way better when counter attacking.