BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

No he was signed to buy time for Wharton and Garret as coming from Liverpool the automatic assumption was that he's better. Once signed and agreed then they had to justify that so he kept getting rolled out when he clearly wasn't up to it after a promising start.

They seemed to see him as the only one who could control a short pass and recycle the ball which maybe he was at the time, just too much of it was backwards.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Definitely has the vibes of being 3-0 down at half time while other results go our way this game does.

I've not a clue what to expect. I could just as easily see us put in a swashbuckling first half performance and be 3-0 up at the break. We'd all be sitting there scratching our heads and wondering what could have been. 

One thing I'm sure of though, is come the final whistle, we won't be in the playoffs.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Morton must have trained like an absolute machine.

Tomasson tells Blackburn Rovers loanee Sorba Thomas to 'pick himself' | Lancashire Telegraph

But asked about his absence since, Tomasson explained: “What you are showing in training first, and what you show in games.

“You pick yourself, the manager doesn’t pick you, you pick yourself.”

Tomasson stressed that Adam Wharton’s improvement in training was behind his return to the side, with the teenager having now started four of the last five matches.

Equally, the head coach said Tyler Morton’s performances and application during the week were key to him amassing 46 appearances before his season was cut short by injury.

He's being consistent. If the players are too stupid to get the message they deserve not to play. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Tomasson tells Blackburn Rovers loanee Sorba Thomas to 'pick himself' | Lancashire Telegraph

But asked about his absence since, Tomasson explained: “What you are showing in training first, and what you show in games.

“You pick yourself, the manager doesn’t pick you, you pick yourself.”

Tomasson stressed that Adam Wharton’s improvement in training was behind his return to the side, with the teenager having now started four of the last five matches.

Equally, the head coach said Tyler Morton’s performances and application during the week were key to him amassing 46 appearances before his season was cut short by injury.

He's being consistent. If the players are too stupid to get the message they deserve not to play. 

i don`t agree with that policy,some players are poor trainers but on matchday they excel,i know for a fact that david dunn and tugay showed **** all in training but on saturday afternoon,more often  than not they were fantastic,i think it`s daft to flog your players in training and possibly injure themselves so they can`t  play the next game,once the season gets 5 games in you should be match fit and ticking over,no need to go mental in training imo

• Like 5

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t agree with that policy,some players are poor trainers but on matchday they excel,i know for a fact that david dunn and tugay showed **** all in training but on saturday afternoon,more often  than not they were fantastic,i think it`s daft to flog your players in training and possibly injure themselves so they can`t  play the next game,once the season gets 5 games in you should be match fit and ticking over,no need to go mental in training imo

Totally agree with that.

Particularly when it gets to Jan/Feb and the pitches are heavier. Flogging yourself in training doesn't help, and you should already be conditioned due to close season work, and the games and training you've already had. Disastrous transfer window notwithstanding, maybe this has had an effect on our form tailing off in a gig big way?

• Like 1

Change of subject…

I am hoping Brereton is interested in playing, and perhaps upping his marketability. He can use the club and the final game for that, if we win 2-1, and at least have a shot at playoffs, I think most of us will say bye, good luck to ye, ol’ boy. 

I trust Tomasson on this issue. If jdt doesn’t feel Brereton has a fire to play for the club (and, for himself) then sit him and let Leonard have his shot. I am interested in seeing 11 guys play their best in this finale. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

No he was signed to buy time for Wharton and Garret as coming from Liverpool the automatic assumption was that he's better. Once signed and agreed then they had to justify that so he kept getting rolled out when he clearly wasn't up to it after a promising start.

They seemed to see him as the only one who could control a short pass and recycle the ball which maybe he was at the time, just too much of it was backwards.

morton chooses the easy ball because he is`nt good enough to see anything else,frankly we could have bought a bottom division midfielder to so what morton has done this season,take it deep and pass it square or back 5 yards,anyone can do that,if that lad ever gets in liverpools 1st team i will climb up the town hall with a banner apologising to him

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Change of subject…

I am hoping Brereton is interested in playing, and perhaps upping his marketability. He can use the club and the final game for that, if we win 2-1, and at least have a shot at playoffs, I think most of us will say bye, good luck to ye, ol’ boy. 

I trust Tomasson on this issue. If jdt doesn’t feel Brereton has a fire to play for the club (and, for himself) then sit him and let Leonard have his shot. I am interested in seeing 11 guys play their best in this finale. 

Most would say his form and levels dropped even further when the news of his alleged signed pre contract with Villarreal gathered pace.

Pretty certain that's all done and dusted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Change of subject…

He could have used the last 5 months for that, but has done no such thing. His head and heart are both in Spain now.

I expect he will start anyway.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 12:44, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, not a sight you want to see, a few thousand Millwall fans running across the pitch towards you! It's a good they were already champions. 

Anyone off here there that day?

Sure was and will be on Monday.

it’s my birthday the following day so looking for a nice present

• Like 1

This is how I see the Brereton scenario unfolding. He will sod off to Spain where they will pick him for the first five games, realise they’ve signed a pup and will off load him on a free to Port Vale where he can be near his family. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Sure was and will be on Monday.

it’s my birthday the following day so looking for a nice present

For your birthday present, stay overnight after the Millwall game, then go and watch the U21s at Brentford.

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

This is how I see the Brereton scenario unfolding. He will sod off to Spain where they will pick him for the first five games, realise they’ve signed a pup and will off load him on a free to Port Vale where he can be near his family. 

It'll be interesting to see if anyone out there spends as much as we did on him. We blew our defender budget on him and he fecked off for newt.

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I've not a clue what to expect. I could just as easily see us put in a swashbuckling first half performance and be 3-0 up at the break. We'd all be sitting there scratching our heads and wondering what could have been. 

One thing I'm sure of though, is come the final whistle, we won't be in the playoffs.

I went on a journey in my head when you mentioned swashbuckling, and landed on this epic swashbuckler. Those were the days my friend ……… 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/remembering-blackburn-4-3-man-utd/

Bring it on down to Souf London, Rovers