BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

We have had a decent record at both Dens down the years.

The home crowd are going to be very nervous so the longer we keep them out the better.

I can only imagine the players and crowd being very aggressive and our little flowers might struggle a bit with the occasion.   Pity we have no men in the building.

• Like 6

Home fans behind both goals I've heard which will make it even more difficult - why didn't we do that on Sunday !

Cannot for the life of me see us getting anything here we are out of steam and completely out of ideas It'll take a monumental effort.

Also what it will need is the first goal they commit balls forward but not players so a goal is even more vital than normal for us. Then there might be space in behind an a frustrated crowd drives them to throw the sink - they do get frustrated quickly down there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Lazy argument and untrue. He was never the quickest but his movement is a lot cleverer than most. Bringing him on when they have shut up shop like they did yesterday was never going to be easy for him, but he offered miles more than any of the front three that started.

so you want to move your in form player in Szmodics out wide for Dack to play in the 10 role? Will Dack made the runs that Szmodics does? 

Would you extend Dack contract for next season and beyond? 

57 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Hyam and Carter cannot play it out the back when under pressure. Have we scored a single goal this season that started with suicide passes in our own half? By comparison we've looked way better when counter attacking.

When teams are pressing you so high and close you don't play out like City didn't against Arsenal last Wednesday night? 

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Home fans behind both goals I've heard which will make it even more difficult - why didn't we do that on Sunday !

Not sure how that one will work unless they've come up with something unusual as the away stand has one concourse for both tiers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When teams are pressing you so high and close you don't play out like City didn't against Arsenal last Wednesday night? 

I meant that our defenders are not good enough to do it consistently. I get that the opponent cannot score when you have the ball and so on...but we have lost the ball so many times in dangerous positions this season. Sometimes it's better to just hoof it.

17 minutes ago, Inferi said:

I meant that our defenders are not good enough to do it consistently. I get that the opponent cannot score when you have the ball and so on...but we have lost the ball so many times in dangerous positions this season. Sometimes it's better to just hoof it.

The keeper and 2 centre defenders and ball playing midfielder have to decide when it right to play out and not. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can only imagine the players and crowd being very aggressive and our little flowers might struggle a bit with the occasion.   Pity we have no men in the building.

We were thinking similar in 87/88 when we went there and won 1:4 to make the play offs. Admittedly, lighting doesn’t usually strike twice down Deptford way.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you want to move your in form player in Szmodics out wide for Dack to play in the 10 role? Will Dack made the runs that Szmodics does? 

Would you extend Dack contract for next season and beyond?

Yes, I’d move Szmodics wide. The fact we haven’t won in 9 means I’d have no qualms in asking an in form player to do something a bit different.

No Dack won’t make the runs Szmodics does. He will come deep, show for the ball, pick out forward passes, find space in the box and shoot.

I’d like to see him stick around if he’s prepared to negotiate reduced terms.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yes, I’d move Szmodics wide. The fact we haven’t won in 9 means I’d have no qualms in asking an in form player to do something a bit different.

No Dack won’t make the runs Szmodics does. He will come deep, show for the ball, pick out forward passes, find space in the box and shoot.

I'd like to see Dack stay on reduced terms as well. The issue is I don't think JDT would play him even if he did sign. I don't want to see him sidelined being asked to come on for 15 minutes when we need a goal. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

We were thinking similar in 87/88 when we went there and won 1:4 to make the play offs. Admittedly, lighting doesn’t usually strike twice down Deptford way.

To be fair hadn't they won the league - or were already promoted that day? Don't think their fans were 'on it'  like they may be this time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not sure how that one will work unless they've come up with something unusual as the away stand has one concourse for both tiers

Hopefully just an urban rumour.

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Quite simple this. 

If results at PNE or Swansea are going against us, we'll win. 

If the results are going  our way, we'll draw. 

Nothing surer.  

Knobbers will roll over nothing surer than that.

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

keep Szmodics in the 10 role

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May
7 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Quite simple this. 

If results at PNE or Swansea are going against us, we'll win. 

If the results are going  our way, we'll draw. 

Nothing surer.  

Add in that at some point in the afternoon we'll be sitting in the promotion spots and suddenly believing. Only for it all to flip on its head by the end. We'll concede a late goal or Sunderland will mount a magical comeback.

• Like 2

Millwall 3 Rovers 0

Season ends on a low note and the players shuffle ignominiously off for their summer break.

Fans left wondering what might have been.

More cuts in the back room staff over the summer.

Ewood becomes even grubbier and run down.

Time passes....

The club announce pre-season programme of friendlies against Mill Hill St Peters and the Havelock Inn.

Fixtures for season 23-24 announced. Rovers away first and last game, Boxing day and two games over Easter.

Season ticket sales 'disappointing'

Dack moves to newly promoted Sunderland on a pay as you play deal and no transfer fee

Brereton rocks up at Villa Real only to be told they've changed their mind. He is snapped up by Al Nassr in the Saudi league, as a replacement for the recently departed Christiano Ronaldo, who has gone to flip burgers in McDonalds.

JDT snapped up by a forward thinking club in the Bundesliga so Rovers start the pre-season campaign with a disheartening downward bounce in a 0-3 reverse to Al Ahly (local 5 a side team from the astroturf league at Witton)..

Did I mention I feel a bit let down by how this has gone since the FA Cup heroes forgot how to play football?

Gutted...

We had several MUST WIN games weeks ago but didn't shoot, score or win in any.

This game is just a season footnote.

Same players, playing the same way, predictable same outcome.

I also expect the same 11 to start next season (minus Brereton) so I hope they are developed over the summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We've blown it Lads n Lasses..dont sweat about it.

2-0

We have and even if we manage to win I can't see results going our way. I've watched Millwall a few times recently. They didn't look good and very much a Jekyll and Hyde team, so there's a chance. But I think WBA will beat Swansea and Sunderland will beat Preston.

We should hope for the new season that Tomasson stays on for at least another season, Broughton can redeem himself with some quality signings, and Waggott and co decide against selling any of our decent players. If not the alternative could be pretty horrific and lead to a steep decline. If we begin next season with a bottom of the barrel managerial appointment, we sell the likes of Wharton, and Gallagher is still our main striker, we're in trouble.

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Millwall 3 Rovers 0

Season ends on a low note and the players shuffle ignominiously off for their summer break.

Fans left wondering what might have been.

More cuts in the back room staff over the summer.

Ewood becomes even grubbier and run down.

Time passes....

The club announce pre-season programme of friendlies against Mill Hill St Peters and the Havelock Inn.

Fixtures for season 23-24 announced. Rovers away first and last game, Boxing day and two games over Easter.

Season ticket sales 'disappointing'

Dack moves to newly promoted Sunderland on a pay as you play deal and no transfer fee

Brereton rocks up at Villa Real only to be told they've changed their mind. He is snapped up by Al Nassr in the Saudi league, as a replacement for the recently departed Christiano Ronaldo, who has gone to flip burgers in McDonalds.

JDT snapped up by a forward thinking club in the Bundesliga so Rovers start the pre-season campaign with a disheartening downward bounce in a 0-3 reverse to Al Ahly (local 5 a side team from the astroturf league at Witton)..

Did I mention I feel a bit let down by how this has gone since the FA Cup heroes forgot how to play football?

Gutted...

😁

But, apart from that, you're looking forward to the new season!?