BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

On 03/05/2023 at 17:11, JohnD said:

Millwall, Millwall

Millwall, Millwall

You are the kings of sweet feck all

Hey… we pioneered professional football in London & the south. 

In fact we were the first southern working class club to give the northern and midlands teams a good game… when we beat the mighty Aston Villa of the Victorian era to reach the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup in 1900 the football press nicknamed us the ‘Lions of the South’… Millwall are the only club in English football to earn their nickname through football endeavour! 

• Like 8

I honestly have no idea of how Monday will go.

All I know is that I was dragged down The Den for the first time in the 1987/88 season and we won promotion to the top flight, with the last league match of the season being against Blackburn Rovers. And this is the first season I have taken my daughter down The Den… 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moody said:

In fact we were the first southern working class club to give the northern and midlands teams a good game… when we beat the mighty Aston Villa of the Victorian era to reach the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup in 1900 the football press nicknamed us the ‘Lions of the South’… Millwall are the only club in English football to earn their nickname through football endeavour! 

Thoughts on Monday. Are you confident? Seems Bradshaw and Flemming are the main threat to us? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair to JDT he has got the team to be more forward passing as the season has gone on. And we've got more and more offensive with lots of players in the box and final third. So I wouldnt expect that to change. 

In terms of our players positions on the pitch Id say last 10 games of the season have been the most advanced Ive seen us play ever. Ironic and depressing really that weve managed that while still having nearly zero goal threat.

When was the last time we got a) a penalty b) scored a penalty and c) and own goal in our favour??

We aren't looking good at scoring at the moment and leave loads of room open when rushing forward trying to pass the ball into the net, so seem to concede as we leave all the space at the back. Maybe we need more balls in the box or some tricks in the box to get an own goal or a penalty??

Edited by Neilbristol
Typo

55 minutes ago, Moody said:

It's just a 70s football song 😂

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair to JDT he has got the team to be more forward passing as the season has gone on. And we've got more and more offensive with lots of players in the box and final third. So I wouldnt expect that to change. 

In terms of our players positions on the pitch Id say last 10 games of the season have been the most advanced Ive seen us play ever. Ironic and depressing really that weve managed that while still having nearly zero goal threat.

The courage is needed to take the shot.

SS had that in the last match, took the shot on and a great shot hit the crossbar. Dolan also took a shot on, it was going in until headed for a corner. 

I can recall quite a number of instances this year where shots have hit the post. Luck is also needed and it's time we had some.

Having said that we have also created chances that have produced atrocious misses.

Having said all of that we simply don't create enough chances and that has been due to a lack of creativity in the team and also by carrying a passenger posing as a wide left player.

We are still in the mix, Arte et Labore and just a bit of luck and all things are possible.

* I wish the "i" was not next to the '"o" on my phone keyboard, and hope I caught all of the shots.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The courage is needed to take the shot.

SS had that in the last match, took the shot on and a great shot hit the crossbar. Dolan also took a shot on, it was going in until headed for a corner. 

I can recall quite a number of instances this year where shots have hit the post. Luck is also needed and it's time we had some.

Having said that we have also created chances that have produced atrocious misses.

Having said all of that we simply don't create enough chances and that has been due to a lack of creativity in the team and also by carrying a passenger posing as a wide left player.

We are still in the mix, Arte et Labore and just a bit of luck and all things are possible.

* I wish the "i" was not next to the '"o" on my phone keyboard, and hope I caught all of the shots.

I'll be honest mate, you are normally so very eloquent it's untrue so don't worry about it!  

This is very much spoken from the heart where everything goes out of the window. I'm with u mate ,type first & ask questions later. 

Never met u, but I reckon me & u could have a good beer together 

Anyway, we'll win & lose out on goal difference.  I'll collect my annual 2 pints bet from my nobend  supporting mate, & we'll go again next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair it’s a lottery at Ewood to what kind of sound you’ll even hear coming out the tannoys - either ear splitting-ly loud, or… nowt as it broke about five years ago and they are ‘looking into it’.

Can’t even have a convo with my 80 year old Dad because of the noise levels. Another erosion of the matchday experience. 
Bit by bit they seem to be pushing me away from supporting Rovers. 🤷🏻

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toogs said:

Can’t even have a convo with my 80 year old Dad because of the noise levels. Another erosion of the matchday experience. 
Bit by bit they seem to be pushing me away from supporting Rovers. 🤷🏻

Aye it does my head in too. Like in pubs, if the place is any decent it doesn't need to have anything louder than 'background noise'. When the teams are coming out and what have you it's a different matter of course.

• Like 3

I actually like Millwall they're a proper club with proper fans despite the bad press. Been there a few times and never had any bother nor seen them cause any up here.

Same can't be said for Palace and QPR they are a bit up themselves some of that lot.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

For anybody who is interested Millwall have their own pre match play list chosen by fans.

Some big tunes in there!

A solid idea, that. I’ll raise at the next FF, but I’m not optimistic of take up like….

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what type of music do you want play? 

Personally I think that list Millwall will be playing on Monday is belting! I’d like us to come out to the pitch to either Hardocre Uproar by Together, The Illicits version of Born Slippy, or something by New Order, perhaps Ceremony.

However I think that we should implement something like Millwall where every fan can make a request. We might get a good bit of variety rather than a 12 season long repeat of some random “indie hits of the noughties” CD. A little thing to include the supporters, and hopefully generate a bit of buzz pre-match.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Personally I think that list Millwall will be playing on Monday is belting! I’d like us to come out to the pitch to either Hardocre Uproar by Together, The Illicits version of Born Slippy, or something by New Order, perhaps Ceremony.

However I think that we should implement something like Millwall where every fan can make a request. We might get a good bit of variety rather than a 12 season long repeat of some random “indie hits of the noughties” CD. A little thing to include the supporters, and hopefully generate a bit of buzz pre-match.

Thanks for reply there. Yes they are good songs on there and some I have never heard of. 

Doesn't Rovers players pick the music that the players come out to? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply there. Yes they are good songs on there and some I have never heard of. 

Doesn't Rovers players pick the music that the players come out to? 

I’m not sure who picks it to be honest. 

I think the biggest issue at Ewood is that the PA system is absolutely knackered. In some areas of the ground it’s deafening, in others you can’t hear a thing, and sometimes it’s just unclear noise. They who supposedly never refuse a cheque should be tapped up to replace it.

• Like 6