BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

So who is going to this one then? Booked to go with my Dad who has no interest in football ..when I told my brother in law he was like "you're not bringing him to Millwall are you?" 😬🤣

I'm assuming you got sorted out with tickets then BigBar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, not a sight you want to see, a few thousand Millwall fans running across the pitch towards you! It's a good they were already champions. 

Anyone off here there that day?

Yep, I was there. They didn’t take too kindly to getting beat and was quite menacing as they were on pitch heading towards us and coins being chucked in our direction.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm assuming you got sorted out with tickets then BigBar.

I did pal and thanks again. May have been a different story if we managed a few better results in the build up but either way I'll enjoy it. Will you be there yourself pal? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigBar said:

I did pal and thanks again. May have been a different story if we managed a few better results in the build up but either way I'll enjoy it. Will you be there yourself pal? 

I will. We are taking the train from Crewe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Why Sorba Thomas isn't starting for Blackburn Rovers as Jon Dahl Tomasson makes training claim - LancsLive

Sorba not doing it in training so not getting picked.. Same as Garrett and A Wharton. 

You'd just train like the manager wants if you really wanted to play. 

Fuck him off back to Yarkshire,. 

This comment...

“We all know what happened in the January window, there's no need for me to talk about it. Fans are clever,” Tomasson admitted.

• Like 7

Morton who? He's a gonner after the next match, whatever happens. I wonder who we will bring in as a replacement (from Liverpool's tender green set up)?

Time to move on to next season. Jog on, even.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Why Sorba Thomas isn't starting for Blackburn Rovers as Jon Dahl Tomasson makes training claim - LancsLive

Sorba not doing it in training so not getting picked.. Same as Garrett and A Wharton. 

I’m not an in the know but a guy I bumped into a couple of months ago knew one of our fringe players. He said then that Thomas’s attitude wasn’t right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I’d rather just book him a taxi…

Thomas clearly isn't a grafter in the mould JDT requires iv'e thought the last few times i've seen him he didn't look as fit as when he first came.

Particularly against Luton, he's a good player imo but he obviously just sees himself as an attacking outlet who just wants to run forwards with the ball.  The root of this of course is he's a loan player and probably knew he wouldn't be staying anyway so like others he's just mentally switched off.

Seems the type who'll regularly be changing clubs in the future.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

This comment...

“We all know what happened in the January window, there's no need for me to talk about it. Fans are clever,” Tomasson admitted.

Someone save that last part for next time we're told we can't have an opinion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Thomas clearly isn't a grafter in the mould JDT requires  iv'e thought the last few times i've seen him he didn't look as fit as when he first came.

Particularly against Luton, he's a good player imo but he obviously just sees himself as an attacking outlet who just wants to run forwards with the ball.  The root of this of course is he's a loan player and probably knew he wouldn't be staying anyway so like others he's just mentally switched off.

Seems the type who'll regularly be changing clubs in the future.

JDTs requirements aren’t a secret - is this something our ‘recruitment team’ should have picked up on before we signed him?

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

JDTs requirements aren’t a secret - is this something our ‘recruitment team’ should have picked up on before we signed him?

He grafted when he first came though so it looked like he was playing to earn a move here then he got dropped for tactical reasons i assume and like Giles last year hes lost interest.

Agree though his attitude problems at Hudds were well documented but he came here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He grafted when he first came though so it looked like he was playing to earn a move here then he got dropped for tactical reasons i assume and like Giles last year hes lost interest.

Agree though his attitude problems at Hudds were well documented but he came here.

He was cup tied wasn't he? And Hedges and co did so well they kept their places.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Morton must have trained like an absolute machine.

It's making me wonder if he trained so hard he was knackered in the matches! Whilst I appreciate the importance of a good training work ethic, JDT seems to imply (could be misreading between the lines) it's more important than what you do on matchday, and it simply isn't. 100% of points are won on matchday, training etc is simply preparation for that. It's possible to over prepare, and whilst my statement about Morton was glib, it's possible to train too hard (especially when the manager is picking you based primarily on training) and your body not be fully at the races on matchday as a result. That's one reason teams generally leave a rest day between training and matches, or only have a light training session.

5 minutes ago, booth said:

He was cup tied wasn't he? And Hedges and co did so well they kept their places.

Probably but the point was he doing ok but ended up out the team and didn't get back in other than a bit part sub although he hadn't done much wrong.

He creates more in 5 mins every time he's on the pitch than Hedges does in 95 but doesn't do the graft and they are completely different players so i'd say that was maybe tactical.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Morton must have trained like an absolute machine.

Weird isn't it I thought the proverb was train hard, win easy

Train like a machine, play like a balloon, doesn't resonate so well

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Weird isn't it I thought the proverb was train hard, win easy

Train like a machine, play like a balloon, doesn't resonate so well

I wonder what Breretons proverb is ?  Train like mad, then do sod all.

• Like 1