BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

The game is a sell out. I refereed a match there against Wolves and both were going for promotion with a capacity crowd. I can say truthfully it was the most intimidating atmosphere I have come across in this country. It will be a great experience for some of our youngsters and hopefully we don't melt in the face of it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The game is a sell out. I refereed a match there against Wolves and both were going for promotion with a capacity crowd. I can say truthfully it was the most intimidating atmosphere I have come across in this country. It will be a great experience for some of our youngsters and hopefully we don't melt in the face of it.

I'd imagine that's quite an experience. How many times were you verbally abused with the phrase 'Ref, you're a fackin c**t' 🙂 ?

And how scared were the Wolves players!?

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I bet some Rovers fans Arses went way back in '88!😆....

Yeah, not a sight you want to see, a few thousand Millwall fans running across the pitch towards you! It's a good they were already champions. 

Anyone off here there that day?

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, not a sight you want to see, a few thousand Millwall fans running across the pitch towards you! It's a good they were already champions. 

I was there. We didn't hang around after the game, put it that way,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

yep.

• Like 1

Just looking at that, you don't realise just how much football has changed in such a short space of time. £25k for winning the 2nd Div title! The same promotion now is worth 100s of millions!

Millwall with Sheringham & Cascarino up front - they'd be loan players now from a Prem academy, certainly Sheringham anyway.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Do you feel the atmosphere ‘influenced’ any of your decisions?

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'd imagine that's quite an experience. How many times were you verbally abused with the phrase 'Ref, you're a fackin c**t' 🙂 ?

And how scared were the Wolves players!?

W***** was the in word at that time usually preceded by fackin 😂. The Wolves players were certainty intimidated by the cauldron which was a mixture of passion and hate. It wasn't a night for any players to give it the big 'un.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Do you feel the atmosphere ‘influenced’ any of your decisions?

I don't think so, no. That said I have Millwall a penalty which won them the game but it was nailed on. 

And sending off four Wolves players helped too 😂😂

It was one of a very few times when I got 100/100 from the match assessor

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

No pie and mash with the locals after the game? I'm surprised, they're normally such a friendly bunch!

I was at the game too, about fifteen of us in the side stand amongst Millwall supporters. They were great with us though (they would be, they'd just win the league) and the biggest insult we got was when one cockney asked "which one of you lot have got a fackin job then?" 

Thatchers Britain eh 😂😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I bet even the Mill Hill Lads Arses went way back in '88!😆....

Speed of the players legging it off at the end 🤣

Classic Simon Garner there left foot then right foot finish easy as you like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I don't think so, no. That said I have Millwall a penalty which won them the game but it was nailed on. 

And sending off four Wolves players helped too 😂😂

It was one of a very few times when I got 100/100 from the match assessor

Very impressive - although I do recall you recently saying the assessors ‘didn’t have a clue’ (or words to that effect)!! 🤔🧐😁

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

Millwall weren't great in the reverse fixture at Ewood - i'm not too concerned about playing them tbh! I think we can, and will, beat them.

But with our luck lately, it feels like it's written in the stars that we're gonna get beaten to it in some sort of unjust way.

It'll be Sunderland with a 93rd minute deflected winner or something, the Lemon Drizzle eating dinosaur will be at maximum smug-ness. WBA will then draw, to rub more salt into the wound.

Millwall 0-2 Rovers
PNE 1-2 Sunderland
Swansea 1-1 WBA

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yes I was there

When they came running over at the end I feared the worse but they were happy

Not so sure if it had been W Ham or someone else it would have been so friendly

Packed the union jack and left sharpish

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Me. I remember it being generally good natured, (as you say, a good job they'd already won it! ), but then a few darts and coins started being chucked at us.

I remember we were let out of the ground first in order to get a head start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

So who is going to this one then? Booked to go with my Dad who has no interest in football ..when I told my brother in law he was like "you're not bringing him to Millwall are you?" 😬🤣

Haha. Top effort!!

• Like 1