BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

No he was signed to buy time for Wharton and Garret as coming from Liverpool the automatic assumption was that he's better. Once signed and agreed then they had to justify that so he kept getting rolled out when he clearly wasn't up to it after a promising start.

They seemed to see him as the only one who could control a short pass and recycle the ball which maybe he was at the time, just too much of it was backwards.

Have we played better since his injury?

Don't forget about the new poorly fitted, Dad-Bod enhancing, new Macron shirt. Oh the joys...

Edited by Cuppliance
Forgot to add the quote from Shirly Crabtree. That post has no context now...

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

I think so because imo there is a tendency to stay deeper and move the ball slower when he is in. Although results were no better nor worse i don't think.

Not saying it's his fault but it's just the type of player he is but it was the same when Evans was here.  Some managers just seem to love that type of player but it's not for me and i don't think it suits our team.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Think we will produce an excellent result but lose on GD ..... you cant have that spell we had expecting to go to playoffs. But we were in it to the end.

Then the story becomes plucky unlucky young Rovers side just misses out.

Instead of ....... young Rovers with comfortable cushion of points blows it to even younger squad and dinosaur manager due to complete transfer window mess.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Clearly not a professional cunt

That sounds like a dream career. I'd have my own yacht by now if that was a profession. 

Then again, I'd have tough competition from Millwall fans. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roverinmontreal said:

Does anyone know if this will be live on roverstv? 

Yes, in certain countries it is. I always prefer the Rovers TV to sky and will be back in Spain for the game, so will tune in there and hope for un Milagro grande. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Think Morton, like a lot of our players, suits a counter attacking game. As the seasons worn on and we've gone on to have more and more possiession hes struggled. Cant find the right passes when things are tight and gives the ball away way too easily when pressed.

Wharton has really shown him up imo.

I dont think Morton will be staying with Liverpool for too long. Nowhere near the standard. The hype he had is quite baffling. Way off the standard of someone like Tom Cairney even. Still expect him to have a decent Championship level career though.

• Like 2

Decisive game number 4 for us and we never turn up for the challenging ones.

To my mind we should play Thomas on the right and Hedges on the left and a goal scorer in the middle (Leonard even though only at youth level or Dack)

We've looked best with a 3 man midfield and for me Travis and a.Nother to do the running and free Wharton up to run the game. 

We know Millwall will want to impose themselves and we've no one outside of the centre halves with any physical presence and so need to play the game on our terms.  

In an extremely roundabout way of thinking I'd almost wish the season was over as I'd like to see how Rankin Costello looks in a 3 with Travis and Wharton and with Brittain as a right back as from the rumours I'd think we are after playing with a recognised target man next year and overlapping fullbacks and wingers could work.  

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think Morton, like a lot of our players, suits a counter attacking game. As the seasons worn on and we've gone on to have more and more possiession hes struggled. Cant find the right passes when things are tight and gives the ball away way too easily when pressed.

Wharton has really shown him up imo.

I dont think Morton will be staying with Liverpool for too long. Nowhere near the standard. The hype he had is quite baffling. Way off the standard of someone like Tom Cairney even. Still expect him to have a decent Championship level career though.

I pray they don't try and turn Wharton into that type of player.

Rare you see a proper midfielder like him currently and he needs to be given licence to play his game not have it drummed out of him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I pray they don't try and turn Wharton into that type of player.

Rare you see a proper midfielder like him currently and he needs to be given licence to play his game not have it drummed out of him.

To be fair to JDT he has got the team to be more forward passing as the season has gone on. And we've got more and more offensive with lots of players in the box and final third. So I wouldnt expect that to change. 

In terms of our players positions on the pitch Id say last 10 games of the season have been the most advanced Ive seen us play ever. Ironic and depressing really that weve managed that while still having nearly zero goal threat.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m predicting that despite the complaints about having no central striker for the last few weeks, we will see Gallagher wide right and Dolan through the middle.

Against Jake Cooper? Millwall fans will be pissing themselves with laughter.

Not that Gallagher through the middle would pose a threat to their CBs either.

Meanwhile Millwall top the league in goals from set plays so Gallagher will be useful in a defensive mode.

Something like 23 of their goals are from set plays.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think so because imo there is a tendency to stay deeper and move the ball slower when he is in. Although results were no better nor worse i don't think.

Not saying it's his fault but it's just the type of player he is but it was the same when Evans was here.  Some managers just seem to love that type of player but it's not for me and i don't think it suits our team.

100% agree.i haven't seen a live game since his injury so just checking. Hope he doesn't come back on loan with us again next season because he doesn't suit out style. Too many sideways and backwards passes 

• Like 1

1st time this season we come from behind to win a game.  Swansea beat West Brom and Uncle Tony goes 2-0 up in the first half and throw it away in injury time as we sneak into the play offs

On 02/05/2023 at 22:09, Penwortham Blue said:

We were thinking similar in 87/88 when we went there and won 1:4 to make the play offs. Admittedly, lighting doesn’t usually strike twice down Deptford way.

To be fair we had not only won promotion the previous match at Hull City, but had also been confirmed as champions. The players had literally been on the piss all week (this was the 80s) and I remember is a carnival atmosphere… in fact as a 8yr old I couldn’t see much for all the flags! Remember, this was our first ever promotion to the top flight!

Also… every Blackburn goal was cheered by Millwall fans as loud as any home goal, as a big Rovers win meant Crystal Palace missing out on the play-offs!