BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We came back from 3-1 down and we shown that the players still had the fight and desire to win the game. We could have given up but we didn.t

I enjoyed the game and the comeback from the players and JDT who didn't give in. 

Its your attitude that needs looking at with that last paragraph for posting that our players is a team of losers and losing mentality which isn't true. 

If it weren’t true we’d have held on to beat Sheff U in the cup and the two games we blew in the last minute. That doesn’t happen when you have winners in your team.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its your attitude that needs looking at with that last paragraph for posting that our players is a team of losers and losing mentality which isn't true. 

Why? 

We may have secured the points yesterday but did so when it was too late. We had eight "must win" games prior to that and failed to win a single one! If we had that run at the start of the season people would be going apoplectic!

And (I stand to be corrected) isn't that the first time we've come from behind to win all season? Doesn't scream "winning mentality" to me.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Obviously.

If I wanted success every week I could just follow Celtic, Rangers or (temporarily) City. I don't expect us to win every week, I just expect players and management to give us supporters a fair shake of the stick which I don't think they have been doing for many seasons now and particularly not during the capitulations in each of the last two seasons.

(52 years. 2 major trophies, 3rd Division Championship, several unsuccessful play off attempts and another 4 promotions I think? So something to celebrate on average once every 5 and a half years and some of that done with absolutely no money let alone billionaire owners pumping in £20m p.a.

Falling well behind that average imo)

Would you not agree then that a seventh place finish, FA Cup quarter final and fifth round League Cup is a decent season? In my book we have exceeded where I thought we would be in what was always going to be a season of transition. The successful seasons can be balanced by the five relegations you have witnessed.

Being a fan is unconditional to me. Whilst it's frustrating I take the rough with the smooth and have a good moan sometimes.

• Like 2

(52 years. 2 major trophies, 3rd Division Championship, several unsuccessful play off attempts and another 4 promotions I think? So something to celebrate on average once every 5 and a half years and some of that done with absolutely no money let alone billionaire owners pumping in £20m p.a.

Falling well behind that average imo)

Sod off!

You're much older than that.....

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it weren’t true we’d have held on to beat Sheff U in the cup and the two games we blew in the last minute. That doesn’t happen when you have winners in your team.

Yet again, Coventry keeper handballed it and PNE late goal took a massive deflection. Nothing to do with winners in your team bollocks. 

Why? 

We may have secured the points yesterday but did so when it was too late. We had eight "must win" games prior to that and failed to win a single one! If we had that run at the start of the season people would be going apoplectic!

Do the players give up in any of those games or sulk on the pitch? no they didn't. They kept trying their best and giving their all. Like Carter last goal against Luton or Ayala last goal against Swansea.  This is team of fighters, workers and never say die attitude and a team and head coach I am proud and happy to watched this season. 

And (I stand to be corrected) isn't that the first time we've come from behind to win all season? Doesn't scream "winning mentality" to me.

Yes correct

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Would you not agree then that a seventh place finish, FA Cup quarter final and fifth round League Cup is a decent season? In my book we have exceeded where I thought we would be in what was always going to be a season of transition.

1000% correct. I would say good season for Rovers in the first year of JDT management here

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Being a fan is unconditional to me. Whilst it's frustrating I take the rough with the smooth and have a good moan sometimes.

correct there too 1000% 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I wouldn’t put arbito in that camp. But this isn’t a new phenomenon. It’s why when you go, to say, PNE or Wigan away a good percentage there wouldn’t be seen dead at Ewood and are largely just after a day on the ale and a laugh with mates. Think back to the 80s we’d be taking pretty much as many to some local away games as we’d be getting at home, so obviously many of them non Ewood regulars.

Utter rubbish, I was there against Luton the last home game I enjoyed the day but was gutted with the result. I am sure 99% of Rovers supporters felt the same.

23 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Utter rubbish, I was there against Luton the last home game I enjoyed the day but was gutted with the result. I am sure 99% of Rovers supporters felt the same.

Ha sorry, what?

What was ‘utter rubbish’ about the post? And what does Luton at home got to do with anything?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just a shout out to the fans on the coach that got bricked, hope everyone is safe and well, it’s a frightening experience, many of us can relate to it, thought those days had gone.

I wonder if these Herbert’s were involved, ecstasy to agony in 4 easy steps:

Wharton, Rankin-Costello, Diaz, Diaz.

Clowns!

IMG_9983.png

IMG_9984.png

Edited by Gav

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again, Coventry keeper handballed it and PNE late goal took a massive deflection. Nothing to do with winners in your team bollocks. 

Do the players give up in any of those games or sulk on the pitch? no they didn't. They kept trying their best and giving their all. Like Carter last goal against Luton or Ayala last goal against Swansea.  This is team of fighters, workers and never say die attitude and a team and head coach I am proud and happy to watched this season. 

Yes correct

1000% correct. I would say good season for Rovers in the first year of JDT management here

correct there too 1000% 

It’s taken us all season to come back from behind to actually win a game. 46 bloody games. How many games did we come from behind to win last season ? I’d be embarrassed to play in a team with a record like that. To me it only says one thing - LMF. Look it up.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just a shout out to the fans on the coach that got bricked, hope everyone is safe and well, it’s a frightening experience, many of us can relate to it, thought those days had gone.

I wonder if these Herbert’s were involved, ecstasy to agony in 4 easy steps:

Wharton, Rankin-Costello, Diaz, Diaz.

Clowns!

IMG_9983.png

IMG_9984.png

My nieces brother-in-law was on the coach close to the window that was smashed. It was away from the ground apparently and the Millwall fans piled out of pub to throw things at the coach. My nieces husband said no injuries were reported but lots of people including kids were shaken up by the incident. They didn't get home until the early hours though having had to wait for replacement transport. As usual some Rovers fans were goading the opposition fans. They were singing the West Ham song Blowing Bubbles to wind them up and looking at the anger on some Millwall fans faces it worked.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s taken us all season to come back from behind to actually win a game. 46 bloody games. How many games did we come from behind to win last season ? I’d be embarrassed to play in a team with a record like that. To me it only says one thing - LMF. Look it up.

No idea and it does matters about last season now. 

I am far from embarrassed about this team. 

who cares! not me! 

Edited by chaddyrovers

53 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My nieces brother-in-law was on the coach close to the window that was smashed. It was away from the ground apparently and the Millwall fans piled out of pub to throw things at the coach. My nieces husband said no injuries were reported but lots of people including kids were shaken up by the incident. They didn't get home until the early hours though having had to wait for replacement transport. As usual some Rovers fans were goading the opposition fans. They were singing the West Ham song Blowing Bubbles to wind them up and looking at the anger on some Millwall fans faces it worked.

They're utterly brain dead and yeah adds weight to the no-one likes us chant, is it any wonder? Collective sigh of relief no doubt from the MET police that them twats aren't gonna be going to West Ham etc next season. As if they get so wound up by fans singing a west ham song, I wouldn't give 2 hoots if our opponents sang a Burnley song.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes correct

correct there too 1000% 

If we had winners in the side we'd have put both of those games to bed.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a fair point. I really like JDT and I think that everyone would have taken the seventh place finish and good cup runs prior to a ball being kicked in August. However, despite playing well in most of the late games, we blew it on the pitch. Off the pitch, the inexcusable failure in January failed the manager and ultimately, cost us a play off place.

If we lose the manager, I think we have a right problem. Back him and I think that we will be a better team next season.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

It’s a fair point. I really like JDT and I think that everyone would have taken the seventh place finish and good cup runs prior to a ball being kicked in August. However, despite playing well in most of the late games, we blew it on the pitch. Off the pitch, the inexcusable failure in January failed the manager and ultimately, cost us a play off place.

If we lose the manager, I think we have a right problem. Back him and I think that we will be a better team next season.

The problem with using predictions at the beginning of the season as a base point for comparison is that nobody knew what the standard of the division would be like. It became very clear when we were consistently in the playoffs and as high as 2nd at points, despite playing poorly, that the standard was not particularly good. A couple of decent January signings and we'd be sitting pretty. That's what makes this so hard to take. Going back to pre-season predictions brings me zero comfort as we didn't know at that point how big of an opportunity was there. Now we do, and we squandered it for the second season in a row.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, DE. said:

The problem with using predictions at the beginning of the season as a base point for comparison is that nobody knew what the standard of the division would be like. It became very clear when we were consistently in the playoffs and as high as 2nd at points, despite playing poorly, that the standard was not particularly good. A couple of decent January signings and we'd be sitting pretty. That's what makes this so hard to take. Going back to pre-season predictions brings me zero comfort as we didn't know at that point how big of an opportunity was there. Now we do, and we squandered it for the second season in a row.

Spot on.

I certainly thought Norwich, Watford and WBA would do better and didn't think for a moment that Luton, Coventry and Sunderland would make the playoffs.

Apart from Burnley, SU and in half the season Boro to a lesser extent, this has been a league of similar very average teams.

This explains how we were ourselves still in the mix after a truly awful, some would say pathetic, run of results, just 8 points from 27 in 9 games*, at the sharp end when it mattered.

We screwed up a major opportunity and I just cannot see the Championship being as rubbish next season.

* Without checking that form over a season must be close to guaranteeing relegation

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4