BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. Nisbet hasn't played for Scotland for the last 18 months. Maja is playing in Ligue 2 currently. Both are the type of signing we should be making in terms of goal scoring, age profile and cost. 

I'm not bothered about the past record. signing either one of those would improve our strikers options and wouldn't cost too much in terms of transfer fee for Nisbet or wages for both. 

“I’m going to say 2 big negatives about the players…but they’re both the type of signing we should me making”

You don’t half come out with some twaddle. 

56 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Leeds in the Championship next season would be an attractive option for a manager looking for a quick promotion on his CV.

If I were JDT I would take a Leeds offer, no hesitation.

I personally think they'll aim higher, but who knows. Time will tell, hope we can continue planning for next season without any disruptions. A striker should more or less be lined up already.

17 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

My thoughts go to Rovers fans getting away from the ground with thousands of pissed off Millwall fans around

As a Rovers' fan who was with two mates at our game at the - unsegregated - old Den in 1976/77 when we won by 1-0 in a match which was filmed by the BBC Panorama programme for an investigation into fans' violence, so did mine this afternoon.

After Bobby Svarc had scored the only goal of the game, we took a vow of silence until we were safe ‐ locked inside my mate's brother's car and moving away from the ground. It helped that my mate's brother lived and worked dahn sahf and that there was nothing on the car to indicate his - or our - loyalties.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maja and Nisbet are far higher profile than any signing? really? 

These are the types of players we should be targeting. Scoring goals, match fit and the right age bracket for Rovers when you look at the permanent signings we made last summer and the 2 strikers we tried to sign in January 

blimey one was just after back injury at Stoke and other about 4 years at Sunderland. He is back match fit and scoring goals for current team. 

sadly we don't have the money to find a proven goalscorer at this level. that's the point you have others missed. @rover23and others like @J*Bhave pointed out today and in the past.

Literally say that we don’t have the money for this a couple of posts previously 

28 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Haven't they been linked with every Big Club manager??

No idea

20 minutes ago, booth said:

Josh Maja looks like exactly the sort of player we don't want. That Nisbet looks like he'd be a good fit though.

Why? 

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is`nt that the player that keeps failing medicals because of a bad back

One time he failed a medical here. 

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Literally say that we don’t have the money for this a couple of posts previously 

Maja is free transfers. 

Nisbet we scouted so we must have the money for him otherwise what's the point scouting him

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Alternatively you could say we fell away when it mattered whereas Mark Robins' team did not. I like JDT and want him to stay - I don't think the clubs who can afford millions in hiring the manager are necessarily looking at 7th in the table compared with 8th last season as a convincing reason to hire him.

Give JDT Gyökeres and see what happens.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

No indication of where he is going though. Sky made a bad joke that he could go to Burnley 

In all seriousness, it would explain the silence and the missing in action for the last few months (bar today).

(Though I do doubt he’d go there).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

As a Rovers' fan who was with two mates at our game at the - unsegregated - old Den in 1976/77 when we won by 1-0 in a match which was filmed by the BBC Panorama programme for an investigation into fans' violence, so did mine this afternoon.

After Bobby Svarc had scored the only goal of the game, we took a vow of silence until we were safe ‐ locked inside my mate's brother's car and moving away from the ground. It helped that my mate's brother lived and worked dahn sahf and that there was nothing on the car to indicate his - or our - loyalties.

I was at that game 76/77. I was in the RAF at a camp north of London. It was a nervous walk back to New Cross underground station.

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

Agree with this.

Fully expect JDT to be here next season.

The focus is now on the recruitment teams, SLT and owners to show a bit of ambition and back the best manager we've had since...well, probably the first one they potted to kick off this entire shit-show we've endured over the last 10 years.

With devil's advocate hat on, is he really?

He's just finished behind Mowbray who was himself managing a newly promoted squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

In all seriousness, it would explain the silence and the missing in action for the last few months (bar today).

Burnley don't need him they have the mighty Weghorst going back from his Man U loan

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

(Though I do doubt he’d go there).

Haha. What are the odds? Same as when he was down to score 20 season?