BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Apparently someone loves us ❤️❤️

Mowbray spent years playing the honesty, integrity line then followed that by brainwashing everyone his way was the only way for Rovers.  There was no other way nor no other man to do it and that spin has seen him through some very dodgy spells and bizarre team/sub selections at times.

I'm certainly not expecting promotion on the back of a new voice, just to be competitive in the upper middle of the division and have a go. Like this season and i think he'll be looking a bit daft with his me and my way or the highway spin when someone else does ok with what is on offer at Ewood.

Because for the most part he's downplayed the club and his own players at times just to keep things in line with his own agenda.

It does need now though someone with a real appetite for the job and desire to do well for this club, like Tony had when he first came.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is exactly what I've been saying all along, the situation was completely created and  stage managed by Mowbray imo.

Delighted he's gone, three and a half  years too late for me,  but better late than never. Those bottles of Aldi champagne will be getting a road trip now.

Far less delighted Venus, Waggott and Lowe don't appear to be following him out of the door. Who of any calibre is going to want to work with those deadbeats? And what happened to Waggott's widely mooted retirement? Hard to escape the conclusion that they're determined not to go until the bulldozers have moved in on Brockhall.

The other worrying thing is that reading between the lines we don't even seem to have given Mowbray's replacement any thought, let alone lined up a high class replacement in the Farke bracket.

Still, it's a start, and let's be grateful for small mercies etc etc.

The longest journey starts with a single step.

• Like 2

The inconsistency in results - with long periods of terrible form - during Mowbray's tenure suggests that he's not been a great manager. By virtue of having good squads of players he's just about managed to win more games than he's lost, however you feel that a more astute coach would have done far better with the same players.  

Came across as a nice enough guy, and generally his transfer signings have been reasonable, but it was definitely time for a change.

• Like 4

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
  • K-Hod locked this topic