BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Apparently someone loves us ❤️❤️

11 minutes ago, MelchesterRover said:

"He has brought stability to the club  . . ."

Stability? I thought that's what Gary Bowyer did all those years ago . . . .

Yep, and then more Venkys bumbling and a string of inadequate managerial appointments fucked us right back into 'basketcase' territory.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, and then more Venkys bumbling and a string of inadequate managerial appointments fucked us right back into 'basketcase' territory.

Exactly, both Bowyer and Mowbray might have “brought stability to the club”, but it swiftly leaves the building with them.

Once more unto the breach, my friends

• Like 4

Let's just hope a plan is already in place, looks like Watford got the ball rolling by poaching the FGR manager from under their noses, they are quite good at hiring and firing though. Hopefully by the end of the month at the latest. 

Whatever I think of his reign overall. That year in league one was brilliant, with some great away days. As a manager for me though, he was bang average. A stubborn man, who clearly felt he'd earnt the right to stick by players/systems that didn't work. The majority of his signings varied from decent to brilliant. With very few poor signings in the five years.

I think personally he should've gone the end of last season but here we are. The next manager is a massive appointment and could hopefully be the catalyst that wakes this sleeping giant of a club. Equally it could set us back and we'd be clamouring for Tony to help. but let's not think like that 😂

• Like 5

I'm glad that he has been let go, it is definitely time for a change. Mowbray has done a decent/good job and has proved to be a safe pair of hands, but its time to take a calculated gamble and try and push on.

I certainly not going to start grabbing the champagne or anything like that. I have zero faith in those idiots appointing anyone decent, nor do I think even the smallest of steps has been made regarding lining up a successor. I also don't anticipate anything other than bargain bin recruitment.

It has all been dealt with poorly with seemingly no communication from Venkys at least from the start of 2022 and even since it was all but announced it has dragged on so at least we have our first bit of closure.

• Like 4

I'd assume they are going to try and keep the structure in place with all the analytical staff. player development staff and pathway from Academy to first team set up by TM.

Who will oversee all that now though ?

Even if they get a younger coach guy to slot in or random foreigner who has the experience to run the show ?   It certainly won't be Waggot and Venus house builder will be long gone as well i expect.

Only in 12 months from now will some see the real merits of what Mowbray brought to this basket case of a club. 

He picked up the pieces after another disastrous managerial appointment and put the club back on a firm footing in the Championship. The promotion night in Doncaster will live with me forever, those nights don’t come along to often.

The club has no structure, skeleton staff, depleted squad and missing owners, who wouldn’t want that challenge?

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd assume they are going to try and keep the structure in place with all the analytical staff. player development staff and pathway from Academy to first team set up by TM.

Looks like we’re already fraying at the edges in that respect

80E09929-32E8-4C75-961D-B30D86D6DA89.jpeg

70E9A8FF-EF3C-4096-B1DD-C1556856E677.jpeg

Edited by S8 & Blue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Lovely heartfelt message by the owners there, did it arrive by carrier pigeon on the Chicken and Egg letter headed paper?

It does feel like a more honest statement would have gone along the lines of:

’Tony, Balaji still talks about your missus’ lemon drizzle cake even now, all these years on. All the best. Madame.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

I’m not sure about stability as the club is in around £150m of debt, it’s as unstable as it ever was, however you have to give Mowbray credit for bringing back some respectability to the club. Even if he did spoil it a bit with last seasons pressers.

He annoyed the heck out of me with his tombola and his strange decisions but I have to give him credit for giving the veneer of a normal club during his time here.

We played some good stuff, had some good times and have had a lot of other moments I’d rather forget. I won’t miss the weekly feeling of dread before the team sheet was issued.

He wasn’t as bad as some made out, but not as good as others made out.

Good luck to him wherever he goes next.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Looks like we’re already fraying at the edges in that respect

80E09929-32E8-4C75-961D-B30D86D6DA89.jpeg

70E9A8FF-EF3C-4096-B1DD-C1556856E677.jpeg

Harvey has been gone for a while though but i suppose if Sunderland go up he'll be trying to poach people.

Waggot it looks like another opportunist job there once hes got his feet well under the table and big red warning signs are hes always fancied himself as an agent.  I wouldn't trust that guy as far as i could throw him after the training ground episode, yet another taking advantage of the void.

If it's up to him who becomes new gaffer he'll want his own puppet and he'll sell the idea to the owners on the back of it being cheaper, just watch.

• Like 1

So normally these statements will mention other coaching departures, if not all staff, certainly the right hand man usually follows out of the door… yet nothing on the assistant manager/head of football/real estate developer? 

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So normally these statements will mention other coaching departures, if not all staff, certainly the right hand man usually follows out of the door… yet nothing on the assistant manager/head of football/real estate developer? 

I'm told by the man's best mate that Venus left the building yesterday.

• Like 2

Mowbray has done a good job in his 5 year stint here, especially with these owners, and the way they treated his exit shows you exactly what he’s dealt with. So saving us from League 1 and building a semi good team with some good players, I think he’s done alright.

But it was time for a change, now just to sit back and pray that Venkys get this next appointment right.

• Like 2

Thanks for all your hard work Tony, some fantastic memories in our promotion season and you leave the club in a much better position than when you joined.

I won’t miss your bizarre selections, stubborn tactics or depressing interviews. But it’s clear the players and staff relished working under you and nobody doubts your commitment working away from home the last 5 years.

It feels like the right time for rovers and Tony to move on. I really fear for what comes next though and who and how long it takes to get someone in. We start next season in 8 weeks and need so much in place before then…