BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JohnD said:

A great through ball

A well-timed run as well tbf, would have been easy to stray offside but Hirst held his run until the perfect moment. Defending was ridiculously open mind. Huge gaps.

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Early days but Sunderland and Ipswich look okay, not good but not bad. Mid table for both my prediction

Sunderland are going to struggle if this is the best they can do defensively. They should be going back to the negotiation table with Batth ASAP after this performance.

I don't think Ipswich have a team capable of top six, but they're well-drilled and should be able to put away some of the more disorganised teams in the division - of which there are usually a fair few. 

Not impressed by Leicester early. Same I said before it will be interesting to see what their squad is come end of the transfer window. Leeds were woeful in the first half and I think they need a few signings to shape that team into a Farke's team. Didn't see the second half of that game. 

On Sunderland, didn't see first half, second half look average from them and Mowbray losing his cool on the touchline again and not looking happy. Wouldn't surprise me if he is the first manager sack in the Championship. 

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

The goings on around Qpr are the one thing in football that I'm semi itk about. Ferdinand brought in Michael Beale and when he ditched them it was very unexpected. Critchley didn't work out at all and by that point the board panicked and took it into their own hands overruling Ferdinand. Essentially they listened to the fans. Club legend and all that. But one that played a style which was not suited to the Qpr players in the slightest.

Players are jumping ship as there is zero faith amongst them that Ainsworth has any sort of idea. The best thing they could have done is sacked him at half time yesterday. The big issue is though that with Ferdinand gone, there's nobody above the manager with a clear vision. 

When Ferdinand left he said he'd made mistakes at times. Was influenced by the fans with some of his decisions. But generally speaking they were usually all pulling in the same direction. I don't think Ferdinand did the best job, but the over riding of him and complete change in philosophy by bringing in Ainsworth has been suicidal. The club should be in panic mode already because as it stands they look like a dead cert for relegation.

Thanks for that. 

I thought Ferdinand brought Ainsworth in, so its interesting to know he didn't. Do you know who he wanted to bring in instead of Ainsworth? who were the players he wanted to bring in?

QPR looks very short on quality but also understanding how Ainsworth wants to play?