BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

As much as I would like the Venky’s to sell they are damned if they speak out and damned if they don’t.

Reassurance that funding is there until the Court matter is dealt with is a positive for me. 

Lets see what the club can do to back the manager in the next few days.

• Like 3

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

There are funds to get us to the end of season which people were concerned about, so it has at least cleared that up.

There are funds, or there will be when this Wharton deal goes through.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

So funding is in place until the end of the season and they hope the legal case will be resolved after then

The uncertainty continues and nothing is resolved

Is it?

They’ve confirmed they have the £11 million from the previous court case.

They’ve then mentioned further funds will be received in due course - surely this will be dependent on the outcome of the adjourned case?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So funding is in place until the end of the season and they hope the legal case will be resolved after then

The uncertainty continues and nothing is resolved

If the legal case is going to be a major issue going forward then they may have no choice but to put the club up for sale

• Like 2

The statement mentions the investigation being into ‘one of their overseas companies’

I thought the investigation was into the parent company.

Unless I’m wrong (entirely possible!) this feels like wording designed to distance the owner’s from any blame.

• Like 1

That statement is worded to make it seem like we have no problems with finance. Specifically that we have enough cash to see us through to the end of the season.

If that’s the case and the court date was adjourned, then I am flummoxed. Everything you could read about it was that we were only being enough cash to get to the next court hearing.

Can we anymore hazard a guess at the financial position at all? Either we’re all utterly stupid (we’re not) or there’s a lie/deception in that statement.

EDIT: Felt the need to add that I am actively discounting the possibility that the commercial department have ramped up the revenue in recent weeks, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 4

Just now, Bethnal said:

That statement is worded to make it seem like we have no problems with finance. Specifically that we have enough cash to see us through to the end of the season.

If that’s the case and the court date was adjourned, then I am flummoxed. Everything you could read about it was that we were only being enough cash to get to the next court hearing.

Can we anymore hazard a guess at the financial position at all? Either we’re all utterly stupid (we’re not) or there’s a lie/deception in that statement.

As I alluded to earlier, the certainty to which they say further funds will be received is disingenuous  at the least.

• Like 2