BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I do that every Wednesday night at my 7 a side and sometimes get bollocked for it "I didn't call for it!" 🤣

You mean your team mate says “ You didn’t call for it “ ? You shouldn’t need to call for it. There are ways you can indicate you are ready to receive the ball without actually saying anything.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Most of the goals we score start by 'fucking around at the back'. Risk v reward. 

I'm not convinced that's true. I feel like most come from counter attacks and nicking the ball off opponents who are 'fucking around at the back'. But I'd have to review all our goals to be sure. Certainly last night's second didn't, and though the highlights don't go back far for the first, even if we initially had the ball at the back it looks more like fucking around in the middle that created it.

Be interesting to review how many goals we score as a result of playing at the back vs how many we concede from it. But I can't be arsed. It's also a little tricky because how do you define it as actually created from fucking around at the back rather than just we had the ball at the back at some point because that's simply how we play? There's also the big intangible it creates in terms of teams pressing up on us because of it, or even falling back because they don't want to fall into the trap. Employing it as a tactic changes the way space is used on the pitch by the opposition. But again, I'm not convinced it is a direct feature of more than half of our goals.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Its been a feature  since JDT arrived. Remember the Burnley game?

Its not going to change, he just expects us to get better at it. Its costing us goals and points. We score some real gems and then concede in the most stupid ways possible.

Nothing wrong with having a system but it has to be able to be varied according to the circumstances ie when in trouble, don't short pass to someone in even more trouble, if you have to leather it, leather it.

Absolutely 100%.

Not sure why people don't understand this.

Moran and Brittain both looked pretty spent Tuesday. I think Moran probably needs a game out to recover as this is likely the most competitive football he's played consistently and it's taking a toll. He looked a little off the pace against Leeds as well so maybe a game off and then back for Watford, so Hill at RB and Brittain in front of him. Tronstad is an absolute colossus for us in the centre, was loving some of his recovery tackles Tuesday. If, and it's fair to say it's a big if, Ennis can stay fit he looks like he could be the focual point we're after. Seems able to use his body well, hold the ball up, link play and run in behind.  

54 minutes ago, wilba23 said:

Moran and Brittain both looked pretty spent Tuesday. I think Moran probably needs a game out to recover as this is likely the most competitive football he's played consistently and it's taking a toll. He looked a little off the pace against Leeds as well so maybe a game off and then back for Watford, so Hill at RB and Brittain in front of him. Tronstad is an absolute colossus for us in the centre, was loving some of his recovery tackles Tuesday. If, and it's fair to say it's a big if, Ennis can stay fit he looks like he could be the focual point we're after. Seems able to use his body well, hold the ball up, link play and run in behind.  

I'm not sure that we're in a position to give Moran a week off just at the moment, but I agree that he seems to be flagging more than the rest of them. I think as talented as he looks, you can tell that it's his first season playing men's football. He doesn't respect possession as much as he needs to (understandable at his age) and that can really get highlighted when the team isn't firing. Arguably it cost us the goal against Bristol City, albeit Carter probably takes at least as much of the blame. 

I'm still very happy that we have him, but he'll need managing over the Christmas period, for his sake and ours.