BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, pubs for away fans, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23 - 19:45 k/o
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

It's not really a fixture I look forward to be honest Jerseybean, no offence, I'm sure you hardly look forward to playing us either....

It's a pig of a journey too, I remember going to your place on a Sunday for an early KO the other season, thanks sky. Your ground is however the best in terms of facilities in the away end.

We haven't faired particularly well against you lot either the past few seasons, a few draws thrown in their. We don't draw many this season mind. Your recent away form looks grim but we love bucking trends in that respect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GaryC said:

Screenshot_20231209_204455_FotMob.jpg

Wiki has Stead with a career 626 appearances and 143 goals, now coaching at Barnsley. Pretty impressive career.

Our recent record against BC is poor, well awful, no wins in 6 over the past 3 seasons, 3 draws and 3 defeats which include 2 at Ewood.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 losses on the bounce, a paper thin squad looking knackered and wretched home form isn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence for this one.

Could really do with freshening things up a bit but there isn't many options to do so.

------------------Wahlstedt

Brittain----Hill----Carter-----Pickering

-----------Tronstad---Wharton

Moran--------Szmodics-----Sigurdsson

--------------------Leonard

I'd start Ennis or Telalovic if JDT thinks either could do a job. Not many options otherwise. Travis at least can come back and boost the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I want to be positive so let’s go for a 1-1 draw.

Get Ennis and Telalovic on for Britain and Leonard and let’s actually get to see them play a game. They can’t do any worse than them two after yesterday 

So what formation are we playing if Ennis and Telalovic are starting? 

Always skeptical of stats like these but it matches the eye test. Leonard is a poor finisher and added to that, has been anonymous in the last 2 games.

Hes a young lad, clearly has something about him but I dont want him to repeatedly start as he isnt ready.

Sadly we have little alternative. Maybe give Ennis a start and see if he can do 45-60 minutes and bring Leonard on then?

Screenshot_20231210-144237_X.jpg

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Wiki has Stead with a career 626 appearances and 143 goals, now coaching at Barnsley. Pretty impressive career.

Our recent record against BC is poor, well awful, no wins in 6 over the past 3 seasons, 3 draws and 3 defeats which include 2 at Ewood.

Our pod with Jon Stead…lovely guy 

• Like 1