BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

Bit of a must-win for me - we've been in a spell of good form (2nd only to Leeds before the weekend) and expect us to shake the Leeds defeat off.

Would prefer an early couple of goals and a comfortable evening, but I'll take a nervy 1-0 if it means we get the 3 points, possibly even squeezing into the top 6 if other results go our way.

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Wahlsted 

Brittain.   Carter.   Hill.   Pickering

Tronstad    Wharton

Moran.       Szmodics.       Siggy

Leonard

Plan B if things aren’t working. Travis on to play alongside Tronstad. Leonard off, Sammy up front and Wharton in behind him.

That’s if Ennis can’t taise a gallop for an hour or so.

13 hours ago, M_B said:

Yeah, could do with a win just to keep the scoreboard ticking over and keep us in touch. Difficult with so many injuries, but maybe the starting 11 needs freshening up a touch, if only for the first hour or so. 

Absolutely.

Most of our recent starting 11 must be running on fumes.

Fresh legs, impetus and enthusiasm needed to start the game even if it means a dip in abilities - unless  JDT  shakes things up at the start, I fear another home loss.

We have a pretty good first XI imo, except for striker and - to a lesser extent - keeper. I haven't seen a single game all season where any of our CFs (Leonard, Ennis, Telalovic and Gallagher) and really looked like a threat.

I think we may be at the point where we just let Ennis start and see what happens as he is the one we know the least about. We can always swap him for Leonard later in the game if we need the legs. Watching Ennis recent cameos I am not that encouraged though as - like Telalovic - he doesn't seem to be finding much space with his movement and as a result barely gets the ball. While Leonard has got good movement but lacks physicality.  I guess the hope is Ennis has more to him we have not seen yet. 

I feel we are in a mini slump at the min due to various factors. 

Surely at some point there has to be an actual game plan to get a clean sheet and result rather than fancy tip tapping from the back.  We are just too damn easy to score against because we offer up too many opportunities.

Rovers  0    Robins   1

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

We have a pretty good first XI imo, except for striker and - to a lesser extent - keeper. I haven't seen a single game all season where any of our CFs (Leonard, Ennis, Telalovic and Gallagher) and really looked like a threat.

I think we may be at the point where we just let Ennis start and see what happens as he is the one we know the least about. We can always swap him for Leonard later in the game if we need the legs. Watching Ennis recent cameos I am not that encouraged though as - like Telalovic - he doesn't seem to be finding much space with his movement and as a result barely gets the ball. While Leonard has got good movement but lacks physicality.  I guess the hope is Ennis has more to him we have not seen yet. 

I'm not sure about the ennis bit. We do probably need to play him to get him to the right level but he's not shown anything recently to suggest he's ready to start or even has the fitness. He looked good off the bench vs Rotherham but that's it really.

Leonard was poor on Saturday and looked a little out of his depth but I think he offers the side more as a whole and is worth starting in the absense of a better striker. I also would try to leave szmodics in the 10 slot for as long as possible as that's where I think he is most dangerous. 

Wahlstedt

Brittain Hill Carter Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

Ennis is obviously not going to start and im not saying he was particularly useful when he came on at the weekend but id like to see him start and do 45-60 minutes. I am not comfortable with repeatedly starting Leonard as as much as there is talent there, he isnt ready to play game after game at this level. He has been anonymous in his last 2 games and over the course of the season he has missed most of his chances.

I really hope we dont see Brittain out wide as he isnt effective there but I am unconvinced that Tomasson will drop any of Hill, Wharton or Carter.

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Thank you to those who contributed here’s our match thread…..https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/223094-blackburn-rovers-away-match-thread/

I note that one of your posters is 22A. That was the LMS region shed in Bristol in my early days of train spotting. It was changed to 82E Bristol (Barrow Road). One of the 9 jubilees I never saw was shedded there, 45690 Leander.

Say hello to him from me. He must be a similar age.............bloody old.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I note that one of your posters is 22A. That was the LMS region shed in Bristol in my early days of train spotting. It was changed to 82E Bristol (Barrow Road). One of the 9 jubilees I never saw was shedded there, 45690 Leander.

Wow, quite literally none of this makes any sense to me!

Obviously does to you train enthusiasts though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bazza said:

You're talking my language there bazza.

Bit younger than you, only saw the last 2 years of steam.  10D Heaven

• Like 1

It wont be an easy game.... but even the Stoke and Birmingham games were not easy but we need to find a way to win again and need to work hard.

One thing for sure is that with Blackburn Rovers there's no easy games. Only nervous ones.

Edited by neophox