BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

That was very nervy, we never do it the easy way.

Trondstad is a fantastic player. 8/10 every game and barely puts a foot wrong.

Leo had an excellent game too. By far his best in a Rovers shirt.

Do feel we lack a presence up top. Ennis was OK in the first half but you can see his fitness levels are poor. Leonard was anonymous when he came on..

• Like 7

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Ipswich are brilliant at finding space to pass into. Rovers in contrast make the game look terribly difficult at times. Too reliant on players having a perfect first touch.

Combined with giving the ball away with a stupidly difficult pass, when almost all of the team is committed forward.

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Combined with giving the ball away with a stupidly difficult pass, when almost all of the team is committed forward.

Yes but have they bought anyone..lots of league one players over performing or what? Even Hirst has some goals this season. He's their main striker....he was a donkey last season for us first half of the season.

Edited by neophox

What a strange evening. We were cruising til we gave that silly goal away. The crowd was very sparse tonight and there was absolutely no atmosphere until the ref completely lost the plot for the last 20 minutes or so and gave us all something to shout about!

Wahlstedt MOTM tonight. Brittain much better. Our midfield 2 is brilliant, but we need to realise that we can’t play the same way we do with Wharton and Tronstad when they aren’t both on the pitch.

Moran had an absolute shocker and should’ve gone off before his error for their goal. I thought we missed Ennis in the second half, a promising performance from him, he’s got something about him. Leonard struggled when he got on.

Big 3 points to take us into the Christmas period!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Yes but have they bought anyone..lots of league one players over performing or what? Even Hirst has some goals this season. He's their main striker....he was a donkey last season for us first half of the season.

I was on about Rovers not Ipswich.

Edited by booth

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Their goal was a real shocker. The easy pass out to the right wing was on. Our guy was completely un-marked out there. My mum could have made it. What do we do - play it into heavy traffic in centre field ! Crackers football.

Siggy took his goal beautifully. Let’s hope that kick starts his game.

I watched how we pass out quite closely. I think we are deliberately playing into a central marked - sometimes double marked - midfielder. I guess the idea being to bounce a one-two off them to draw the opposition players in then look for the pass wide / pass through. Does seem a bit unnecessarily mental. But we did it several times in the game, culminating in the goal from Moran.

• Like 1

Wahlsted, Tronstad Mom for me

Wharton, Carter, Brittain, Pickering all had very good games

Siggy seems to be getting back to his best

Scott W makes me very nervous when in possession

Sammy was Sammy, full of running and effort, can't fault the guy..

Ennis looked very rusty, but of all the strikers has something.

Leonard not good enough for me, highlighted by the through ball where he was favourite then ended up being second best.

Moran should have been replaced as soon as we went 2-0 up with Dilan. Prob Morans worst game for us.

Of course please with the result as JDT continues, I say continues to PUNCH.. 👊👊👊

worst performance of the season imo but 3 points so it`s not all bad

moran was poor,he`s a typical academy player to me,easily knocked off the ball and can`t tackle back

siggy looked back to his previous good form

ennis lacks match fitness,leonard was awol

please stop f*****g about with the ball in our own penalty area,it`s blackburn not barcelona

• Like 1

Too many bad touches all over the park robbed Roversof any fluency. By the law of averages something was going to stick and it was a slick move from Adam Wharton's penetrating pass and brilliant take from the flick by Sigurdsson that turned the game out way.

Tronstad and Leo both immense.

Will have to play much better at Southampton.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What a strange evening. We were cruising til we gave that silly goal away. The crowd was very sparse tonight and there was absolutely no atmosphere until the ref completely lost the plot for the last 20 minutes or so and gave us all something to shout about!

Wahlstedt MOTM tonight. Brittain much better. Our midfield 2 is brilliant, but we need to realise that we can’t play the same way we do with Wharton and Tronstad when they aren’t both on the pitch.

Moran had an absolute shocker and should’ve gone off before his error for their goal. I thought we missed Ennis in the second half, a promising performance from him, he’s got something about him. Leonard struggled when he got on.

Big 3 points to take us into the Christmas period!

Yes, Wahlstedt MoTM by a mile, in contrast their goalie had little to two except pick the ball out of his net twice with our only two attempts on goal.  We fought hard for that win but the players looked buggered including Sammy and Moran who looked shattered from the first minute.  There were less than 8k on tonight.

3 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Yes, Wahlstedt MoTM by a mile, in contrast their goalie had little to two except pick the ball out of his net twice with our only two attempts on goal.  We fought hard for that win but the players looked buggered including Sammy and Moran who looked shattered from the first minute.  There were less than 8k on tonight.

Official attendance 11092.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, neophox said:

They've spent 'at least' £3.5m on Hirst and Taylor, brought in three expensive loans and are probably paying Tuanzebe a small fortune.

What a strange evening out that was. I'm delighted with the win as ever and it was a huge three points in light of the two defeats and a tough game coming up on Saturday. The irony is I believe that was one of our worst performances of the season and we have played much, much better and lost. In the first half I lost count of the number of awful touches from many players and the misplaced passes, we are far better than that. Going in at half-time one up was a real bonus for me. The second goal should have been game over and a nice, easy second half by just doing the basics right. We gifted them a goal, they made some positive substitutions and we were on the back foot and defending for our lives. Quite simply we almost shot ourselves in the foot with absolute carelessness and could quite easily have thrown two points away. Thankfully we held on and we really had Leo to thank for that. Tonight reminded of the Birmingham game when we were coasting at 3-0, should have had a clean sheet and nearly blew it. Tomasson should be alarmed by these two games and our switching off and almost throwing away what should have been comfortable victories.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as it looked like the run of games finally caught up with some of our players. Significantly five of our outfield players were literally on their knees when the final whistle went.

Butt most importantly we won. 😁😁

• Like 9