BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

Ref tried to give that to them, but special nods to S Wharton, Tronstad, Wahlstedt and Pickering for huge contributions to that win. Hard-fought and not a lot in it but the Robins were a bit wasteful, quite dirty and not brave enough.

I’ll prefer a calmer finish to a game every time, but if we can keep turning 50-50 performances into tight wins, we’ll keep moving up the table.

Gagging for 23rd, when I’ll be back in the north. Envious of all of you who get to go regularly.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Well done Rovers for hanging on. A lot more confident of holding onto a lead under JDT than I was when Mowbray was here. Tronstad is a superb player at this level. Definitely Leo's best game for us so far. 

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

A bit harsh on Bristol that result.

Sunderland 1-0 up against Leeds.

And Ipswich won again

• Like 2

Yet another game that should have been comfortable and ended up anything but.

Lots of positives I thought. Back 4 (and Leo) excellent, good to see Scott Wharton back to his best. Hope his sub was precautionary and he's ok.

Tronstad is an immense player for us and quickly becoming a favourite. Siggy also excellent tonight and back to something like.

Ennis considering it was his first start was ok for me, again hope that substitution was pre planned.

Only disappointment really was Moran who was quite frankly awful

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Well done Rovers for hanging on. A lot more confident of holding onto a lead under JDT than I was when Mowbray was here. Tronstad is a superb player at this level. Definitely Leo's best game for us so far. 

And Ipswich won again

I really thought Ipswich would start to fade but it looks like they can go all the way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

And Ipswich won again

They're a cracking team Ipswich and good luck to them, I hope they go up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Great result, Pickering Wahlsted Tronstad fantastic

Thought Scott Wharton was very very good too. He's been a bit of a liability last couple of seasons but today was really solid, scored a goal, and made a lot of great defensive headers and challenges. 

Really pleased the keeper looks the real deal - you can see as his confidence grows he has all the elements to be a top at this level. Wharton and Tronstad are a first class central midfield pair. Sigurdsson back to his original quality. Pickering playing the best football of his career. Thought Brittain and Carter did well also. 

Only downers were Moran (who has largely been excellent for us) being well off it. We really need him so hope it's just a one off. And while Ennis and Leonard made good runs neither really convinced that they are going to get on the end of a lot of chances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I disagree. For however awful Rovers were, Bristol were on a different level.

They comfortably deserved at least 1 point from that given the amount of chances / pressure they had in the last 30 mins.

Agree both teams were dreadful though 

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Yet another game that should have been comfortable and ended up anything but.

Lots of positives I thought. Back 4 (and Leo) excellent, good to see Scott Wharton back to his best. Hope his sub was precautionary and he's ok.

Tronstad is an immense player for us and quickly becoming a favourite. Siggy also excellent tonight and back to something like.

Ennis considering it was his first start was ok for me, again hope that substitution was pre planned.

Only disappointment really was Moran who was quite frankly awful

Tronstad is such a great throwback to the ball winning midfielders of the nineties.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Moran has been off it today

Moran showed the ball control of a pub team player after a night on the piss. An absolutely terrible performance from him and a total liability in this match. Should have been hooked at halftime.

• Like 1

An excellent 3 points. We were in complete control till we gifted them a goal. Moran was fucking awful -  young players be like that!

Rovers were out on their feet for the last 20 mins. Half the team fell to the floor at the final whistle. 

Both Wharton's were good, as were Tronstad, Pickering and Brittain....but Wahlstedt was MOTM for me. An excellent performance from a young keeper.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, superniko said:

They comfortably deserved at least 1 point from that given the amount of chances / pressure they had in the last 30 mins.

Agree both teams were dreadful though 

They certainly didn't deserve it for the other 60. Worst team I've seen us play this season.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I disagree. For however awful Rovers were, Bristol were on a different level.

I don't think we were awful and there were some really god signs of things to come from a couple of the players,

but why do we have to mess about at the back so much, you're going to get caught out and punished, even against 

poor teams and then they start playing with a lot more confidence.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Don't get this Ipswich team...never run out of steam and never get injuries to their players...same team almost every game and winning.

Ipswich are brilliant at finding space to pass into. Rovers in contrast make the game look terribly difficult at times. Too reliant on players having a perfect first touch.

• Like 1