BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

3 hours ago, 47er said:

The thing is---will we be just be strung along again?

Escape relegation, look forward to a decent transfer window, listen to the exciting plans from the club and then?

A big, fat nothing is my guess. There's only so much you can take.

Last chance saloon this summer Rovers. If we stay up that is.

I don’t expect a good window in the summer, I don’t think we have hit rock bottom yet which is crazy when you think of all that’s gone before 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 47er said:

I think JDT looked like he might bring the good times back and he did raise interest in the Club with some great football.

Had he been backed as he should have been, the crowds would have come back season ticket price reductions or not.

Without success, I don't think so. But that is just an opinion.

21 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Don’t get the moaning ? Eustace first objective is to keep us up regardless of brand of football, people were moaning about jdt’s football and rightly so that got us nowhere, you can’t play city style with championship or lower standard players, plus intense training system that has clearly contributed to ridiculous amount of injuries, also on top of that he moaned about needing experience yet loaned two of them out who are also academy lads cause he had fallen out with them then he’s gone a month later so travis sitting on the Ipswich bench is a waste when we need him now more than ever, Buckley coming back is a god send cause imagine if he never got injured in Sheffield and was still there ? Our midfield would be piss weak only tronsdad as a decent player. 

First thing any manager worth his salt knows is you tighten up your defence then worry about the other areas that’s what he’s doing. 

we ain’t gonna see the best of eustace until next season, it’s about getting the basics back and building the foundation to move forward, Travis back in summer to reunite with Buckley is already gonna make our midfield look a lot better, biggest thing I criticise jdt for is leaving us short cause of his ego, Travis as option  could have seen us best Preston alone. gilesnan is a long term replacement for szmodics too. 

the 532/352 is what’s best suited to us, we’ve no decent out and out wingers to play a winger system our squad is bette suited to wing backs, brittain and Pickering are not the best defensively especially on a consistent basis so they tend to look better knowing they have that cover to be able to do their attacking roles. Gallagher stays on then we need a couple strikers, you look at why pne are solid in this league and flirt with play offs a bit is cause they have 4 decent goalscorers as strikers that’s what’s gathered my attention and what we need, Dolan isn’t good enough in any position tbh or at least his consistency is poor so I would rid of him n the summer for cash, Leanord Garret, semir needs loans out, deadwood like Markanday out too. 

I don’t know about you guys but would like to see mcfadzean stay on as player defence coach beyond the summer which leaves us with defensive options Wharton, hyam, Carter, o’riordan, mcfadzean which is much healthier than over the last so many years and well balanced

Remember when JDT arrived and his mantra was the team is first. It did not seem that way towards the end.

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Wasn't much of a team left at the end TBF

I don't think JDTs mantra was about the actual team, but more about the ethos of a team, or in our case Blackburn Rovers football club.

With QPR at home to Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday at home to Bristol City this weekend, the table could look a bit more grim for a lot of the teams around the bottom if they lose tomorrow.

Edited by Hasta