BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol city ticket what a joke

2 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Just seen prices for Bristol city away Wednesday night after Easter and they want £30 a ticket absolute joke cost of living crisis don’t affect football fans then 🤬

I think it is still in the school holidays.

Just checked Sunderland that's £32.00 ....

Both prices are ridiculous!

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

We charged Bristol fans £20 when they came to Ewood in December. So Rovers' away fans getting rinsed again. Just like we will at Leeds soon when they charge upwards of £40 for a televised game substantially more than we charged their fans at Ewood.

Eventually the penny might drop at Rovers that the way to deal with this is charge other clubs what they charge us, and offer proper discounts to Rovers fans who sign up to be members.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We charged Bristol fans £20 when they came to Ewood in December. So Rovers' away fans getting rinsed again. Just like we will at Leeds soon when they charge upwards of £40 for a televised game substantially more than we charged their fans at Ewood.

Eventually the penny might drop at Rovers that the way to deal with this is charge other clubs what they charge us, and offer proper discounts to Rovers fans who sign up to be members.

Again, not difficult to understand unless you're a total brainless cretin.

Whatever happened to Waggott's reciprocal agreements? He boasted about a couple and when some digging was done they weren't actually like for like. Wait until the Leeds prices are announced.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Even with Rovers' 'subsidy' it's still £35 a pop at Leeds for an early tv game, and still £5 more than their fans had to pay at Ewood. 

I know this is done to death, but Leeds fans get overcharged as category A+ games everywhere they go. Even. couple a years ago we introduced a special category to charge them £40 at Ewood !

Therefore following discussions with their fans, Leeds agreed to offer all clubs this season the offer of either £21 or £28 tickets at Elland Road if this was reciprocated in the away fixture. We decided not to take them up on this in order to charge then £30. Therefore look back at Ewood for the blame on that one.

What is shitty by Leeds is that it appears the tickets have to be fixed at £21 or £28 and discounted to one of those prices for the reciprocal pricing to be agreed. Therefore Rotherham charged them £27 as that's their standard away pricing but, as they didn't discount to £21, they then got charged £45 at Elland Road. That's nonsense. The argument is if we are discounting tickets to make this work then so should you, but their should be a £25 option as well.

Interestingly it was Ken Bates who moved the away fans at Leeds into the West Stand. Home fans are charged £47 in the West Stand and it is EFL rules that states away fans have to be charged the same as home fans for the same seating. Reciprocal pricing is the loophole that allows this to be reduced. I know their EFL brought that rule in to stop away fans being ripped off, but in this instance it's actually doing the opposite.  Bates probably knew full well that if away fans didn't take their allocation, the home fans would fill it instead at £47. 

Edited by Hasta

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I know this is done to death, but Leeds fans get overcharged as category A+ games everywhere they go. Even. couple a years ago we introduced a special category to charge them £40 at Ewood !

Therefore following discussions with their fans, Leeds agreed to offer all clubs this season the offer of either £21 or £28 tickets at Elland Road if this was reciprocated in the away fixture. We decided not to take them up on this in order to charge then £30. Therefore look back at Ewood for the blame on that one.

What is shitty by Leeds is that it appears the tickets have to be fixed at £21 or £28 and discounted to one of those prices for the reciprocal pricing to be agreed. Therefore Rotherham charged them £27 as that's their standard away pricing but, as they didn't discount to £21, they then got charged £45 at Elland Road. That's nonsense. The argument is if we are discounting tickets to make this work then so should you, but their should be a £25 option as well.

Interestingly it was Ken Bates who moved the away fans at Leeds into the West Stand. Home fans are charged £47 in the West Stand and it is EFL rules that states away fans have to be charged the same as home fans for the same seating. Reciprocal pricing is the loophole that allows this to be reduced. I know their EFL brought that rule in to stop away fans being ripped off, but in this instance it's actually doing the opposite.  Bates probably knew full well that if away fans didn't take their allocation, the home fans would fill it instead at £47. 

Indeed. Away fans were previously housed in the yellow corner at Elland Road which is the worst seating and lowest price. The move to the main stand allows them to charge away fans top prices.

They also aren't bothered if away fans don't buy tickets because they can allocate the bottom area to home fans if take up is low and will sell out when top of the league.

I expect similar at Leicester where they will either be celebrating promotion or in need of a win to go up. They'll want Rovers fans in low numbers so they can give extra seats to the home fans, who will pay anything for such an occasion. So expect £35+ for that one too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They also aren't bothered if away fans don't buy tickets because they can allocate the bottom area to home fans if take up is low and will sell out when top of the league.

Previously yeah, but not so much now as they will offer you guaranteed £21 tickets if you reciprocate which means away fans likely can sell out. 

I think the idea of what Leeds are trying to do should be applauded, but it's got flaws such as the example with Rotherham above and I believe also with Huddersfield.

9 hours ago, Hasta said:

When minimum wage is below £10 an hour no game of football should cost more than £21.

As per usual the people in charge at Rovers have shown themselves to be complete and utter cunts.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 22:23, JHRover said:

I agree with the principle, trouble is it's complaining about fans being overcharged, then subsequently overcharging other fans. It isn't the Bristol fans' fault. 

I know that there isn't much of  option, but it is a bit hypocritical. More needs to be done on reciprocal pricing. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

Pretty sure they are capped at £30 a ticket for any Premier League game

Ipswich are selling season tickets from Monday, starting from £381 an adult. So cheaper than us, in a more affluent region, and offering a far superior product, despite 'not knowing what league they are going to be in'

How is that possible Waggott?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

Pretty sure they are capped at £30 a ticket for any Premier League game

Ipswich are selling season tickets from Monday, starting from £381 an adult. So cheaper than us, in a more affluent region, and offering a far superior product, despite 'not knowing what league they are going to be in'

How is that possible Waggott?

Only for away fans. Think the post above referenced that they charge home fans up to £50 for the top games.

Anyway, expect some half baked "early bird" offer in around a month or so.

You’d think they’d be out already, they went on sale on the 23rd March last year - especially considering they are that desperate for cash flow they are still trying to sell 23/24 membership schemes. 

• 2 weeks later...

So who's coming down for this one then? On the back of 5 points from the last 3 games since the break we are doing better than I expected. Let's stick it to Bristol, I want some gloating rights on Thurs morning at work

• Like 1

I’m still deciding if I’ll make the trip from Hereford. Wednesdays are a bit manic with the kids clubs so the wife will need to do all of the pick ups. It is however my Birthday on Thursday so I may be able to use that as an excuse lol 

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I’m still deciding if I’ll make the trip from Hereford. Wednesdays are a bit manic with the kids clubs so the wife will need to do all of the pick ups. It is however my Birthday on Thursday so I may be able to use that as an excuse lol 

I thought a birthday present was supposed to be something you'd enjoy?