SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Champagned Mozzer's album sorry BOUGHT IT AT ASDA. Had it on in the car, haven't made my mind up yet.

There are four tracks on the album Nick that personally I've grown to like a lot - namely: "I'm Not Sorry", "I Have Forgiven Jesus", "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?" and "America Is Not The World".

The rest of the album is a bit mixed, but I've got no regrets about paying a tenner for it - because those four songs mentioned are very good IMO.

I guess Nick, that you didn't like the track where Mozzer laments policemen.... wink.gif

That particular song, entitled "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" is a fairly average track, but there's a nice line about "Lock-jawed pop stars, Nothing to convey, They're so scared to show intelligence. It might smear their lovely career."

One such lock jawed pop star (that most people have probably long forgotten about) is the ex-Brother Beyond singer Nathan Moore.

Brother Beyond were a cheesy pop band in the late 80's, briefly competing with Bros for the affections of teenage girls. Their best-selling hit "The Harder I Try" reached number 2 in 1989.

user posted image

Nathan's been a busy lad recently. He's been caught scouring the back streets of Kings Cross for lewd acts with prostitutes. Shocking. ohmy.gif

He's been fined £250 with £50 costs.

Further details below:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004260447,00.html

Got the new Mozzer release and gave it a couple of weeks before making a decision on it.

Utterly utterly fantastic without a bad track on it.

'The first of the gang to die' and 'I have forgiven Jesus' are truly superb.

The lyrics again are sublime with 'the first lost lad, to go under the sod' and 'I was a nice kid, through hail and snow, I'd go, just to moon you'.

However my personal favourie lyric is 'you have never been in love, until you've seen the dawn rise, behind the home for the blind'.

A real return to form after his flirtation with a rockabilly style. Great stuff.

Utterly utterly fantastic without a bad track on it.

I thought "Come Back To Camden" was terrible but other than that Jason, I agree that it marks a welcome return to form from Mozzer.

'The first of the gang to die' and 'I have forgiven Jesus' are truly superb.

I like the verses a lot in "The First Of The Gang To Die" - just thought that the chorus could have been done a bit better.

"I Have Forgiven Jesus" is a great track.

After being so disappointed with a few of Morrissey's previous solo albums, it's pleasing that he's come up with some excellent songs this time around.

Mozzer's concert at Lancashire County Cricket Ground on 11th July hasn't quite sold out yet. There are still some tickets available.

Mozzer's concert at Lancashire County Cricket Ground on 11th July hasn't quite sold out yet. There are still some tickets available.

I fancied getting to the MOVE festival (where Morrissey's playing at LCCC) but unfortunately I'm going on my hols the day before.

Wanted to see the Pixies again (they play on the 10th) as it's probably the last time they'll play live in this area. I saw them at Preston Guild Hall in 1991 and they are still by far the best band I've seen live.

Franz Ferdinand - (self titled)

Probably my fave album of the year to date. Not a bad song on it and a couple of killer tracks (Dark of the Matinee anyone?) that make it one of the best releases of 2004.

I also picked up a copy of the Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots which is a little bit experimental when compared to the album above but equally as good. This is my favourite music to chill out to since Sublime last put out an album.

State of Bengal : Tana Tani

Scissor Sisters : Scissor Sisters

Much better than I expected. Comfortably Numb paid off big time, despite being a Pink Floyd cover done in the style of the Bee Gees! 'T*tz on the Radio' a good tune too.

I too bought the new Auf Der Maur album: brilliant is the only word I can think of.

In addition I went to see Dilated Peoples a couple of weeks ago in the Belfast Empire. They were very very good. thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Hot Fuss by The Killers - Tremendous first album! cool.gif

Hmmm...there's about three good songs on there but there's a lot of filler tracks.

It's a shame because Somebody Told Me is a superb song, the rest don't have the same tempo though so I was very disappointed with it.

I then camped out on the main stage, Machine Head were the next band on, followed by slipknot, both really good. Next were the two bands I had come to see, Korn first were superb, playing a good selection from their albums.

SLIPKNOT - NOOOOOOOOOO

I saw those nasty clown people at the Carling festivel a few years back. The lead singer has got a good voice if he would just stop screaming half way through a song.

Check out his solo effort 'Bother' (which was then adopted by his equally lamentable offshoot, Stonesour) on the first Spiderman soundtrack. A very nice tune it is.

Good news this week: Creed are gone and, hopefully, never coming back. smile.gif

I bought the 'Human Clay' album a couple of years back and was actually very impressed, despite their tiresome (and quite transparent) Christian agenda. 'Higher' in particular was an excellent anthem. Far less noteworthy was their hugely average follow-up (the name of which I can't remember) whose catchy single couldn't disguise the fact that it sounded very much like the predecessor.

On a far brighter note: I'm going to see the White Stripes in Botanic Gardens in August. thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Creed have broken up.

Woo Hoo user posted image - one Christain Rock band down, now if Nickelback split up the music World would be such a better place. biggrin.gif

Creed are very good. I got their last two albums and thought that both Human Clay and Weathered had some great stuff on them. Nickelback are not a Christian rock band and IMO are brilliant. I'm not a Christian rocker but do think that Christian rock bands like Evanescence, Disturbed, Seether and P.O.D do some great music. If you can get past all the 'God', then you can see that they are good, without buying into their beliefs.

Hmmm...there's about three good songs on there but there's a lot of filler tracks.

It's a shame because Somebody Told Me is a superb song, the rest don't have the same tempo though so I was very disappointed with it.

Actually 'Somebody Told Me' is my least favourite track on the album.

Opinions eh? rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Actually 'Somebody Told Me' is my least favourite track on the album.

Opinions eh? rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Haha, opinions indeed.

CT: The Hives have been around for ages, keep up! wink.gif They are superb though, they've been one of my favourite bands for a while now...I'm not sure their new album will be as good as the last two but I live in hope.

Edited by LeChuck

Anyyone like the Datsuns new album - "Outta Sight/Outta Mind"? Not as immediately catchy as teh first one, but after a few listens it's a real grower. I especially love the last track - I Got No Words. What a killer riff!

I then camped out on the main stage, Machine Head were the next band on, followed by slipknot, both really good. Next were the two bands I had come to see, Korn first were superb, playing a good selection from their albums.

SLIPKNOT - NOOOOOOOOOO

I saw those nasty clown people at the Carling festivel a few years back. The lead singer has got a good voice if he would just stop screaming half way through a song.

Check out his solo effort 'Bother' (which was then adopted by his equally lamentable offshoot, Stonesour) on the first Spiderman soundtrack. A very nice tune it is.

This is actually a reply to the quoted post, I couldn't be bothered going back to find it. tongue.gif

Ahem, anyway, there's few things get on my tits more than slagging of singers because they scream/screach out the lyrics. It's as much a form of singing as any other, except a lot harder to sustain. I'm no fan of Slipknot, but Corey Taylor has a masterful voice. How the singers in bands like Arch Enemy, In Flames and Childern of Bodom can sing in that style for more than a few verses and still be able to talk astounds me.