SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoke to a work mate last night who is a member of the Leeds Celtic Branch.  Says they ARE getting 8K tickets and from past experience will bring 3/4K without tickets.  Also offered me £250 if I would get him a ticket on my 2nd Season Ticket.

Sounds like another potential BRFC v Man City here with Celtic fans offering big wads for Rovers fans tickets.

spoke to a work mate last night who is a member of the Leeds Celtic Branch.  Says they ARE getting 8K tickets and from past experience will bring 3/4K without tickets.  Also offered me £250 if I would get him a ticket on my 2nd Season Ticket.

Sounds like another potential BRFC v Man City here with Celtic fans offering big wads for Rovers fans tickets.

If they are going to pay that much they will probably be able to get about 20000 in our ground. I expect they will be better behaved than the Citeh fans though

so. its finally coonfirmed

tickets on sales monday to season ticket holders and non sth who went to sofia.

£24 each.  & 3000

Personally - I think its the right decision. I know a lot of people on the board seem to think its the biggest game ever, but i really don't agree. I'd much rather we had drawn a big European team.

I also think we'll only just sell the 3000

WRONG !!

Rovers have proved themselves to be a small town club here.

They have rolled over and let celtic tickle their tummy.

ROVERS WOULD TAKE 5K TO THIS MATCH !! Its a big big game.

Rovers are stating the usual away support only warrents 3000.

WHAT IF THEY HAD USED THIS LOGIC FOR THE WORTHY CUP FINAL, another big big game & 30,000 troops.

Rovers have quoted the 5% UEFA rules on away allocation and that celtic are within their right.

YET WE HAVE GIVEN THEM 25% OF OUR GATE WITHOUT A WHIMPER.

A lot of rovers fans are going to miss this game because our board have no bottle.  Why don't they just offer the jocks a 2 goal lead as well while we'er being so generous !!!!!

It's actually just under 3000 tickets. I'm glad you think there'll be no rush, Andy C. After all, after the 400-500 who went to Sofia, there'll be around 2500 tickets left! Wow!

A second point: non season ticket holders who went to Sofia, SHOULD NOT be given priority over season ticket holders. At that rate, we will have season ticket holders who can't get tickets for the final [assuming of course, we got there], and non season ticket holders who are entitled to tickets.

It's a dodgy road to go down.

I'm bloody furious! Celtic will get tickets for one in four at Ewood, and we get a pittance in return!

We want to encourage new fans to Ewood Park - Don't make me laugh.

And before I go - we can only find 3000 fans for away games? If the game is big enough, we take 30000 - re Cardiff!

WRONG !!

WHAT IF THEY HAD USED THIS LOGIC FOR THE WORTHY CUP FINAL, another big big game & 30,000 troops.

Rovers have quoted the 5% UEFA rules on away allocation and that celtic are within their right.

A lot of rovers fans are going to miss this game because our board have no bottle.  Why don't they just offer the jocks a 2 goal lead as well while we'er being so generous !!!!!

We've given them 8000 because we wont sell much more than 22000 tickets to Rovers fans anyway.

Previous similar big evening kick off games live on TV - Liverpool, and ManU failed to sell out fully, and every fan who wanted tickets got them.

The sooner Rovers fans convince the board that these decisions need to be reversed because theirs home demand, then better.

Till then, I never want another Man City situation again, which is what would happen if we gave Celtic 3000 tickets.

WRONG !!

How many times have we sold our ground out?

The match is live on tv & rovers fans have shown time and time again that they do not travel in numbers.

Its nowhere near the same as the worthy final. we hadn't been in a meaningful final for over 60 years, so we were always going to sell out for that.

Just remember - how many people use this forum ? I wouldn't say it was a good percentage considering the number of people that travel to away games. The people on this board are obviously some of the most passionate of our supporters,  but the numbers simply don't stack up.

The only thing I would have changed though, is I would have liked to have seen rovers give celtic just the top half of the darwin end and then given our fans a time limit to buy tickets. If we didn't look like selling out, then we could have given them half the bottom end too.

That aside - I'll be there & I'll meet any of you on the board for beers before hand! I'll be getting in around lunchtime....

It's actually just under 3000 tickets. I'm glad you think there'll be no rush, Andy C. After all, after the 400-500 who went to Sofia, there'll be around 2500 tickets left! Wow!

A second point: non season ticket holders who went to Sofia, SHOULD NOT be given priority over season ticket holders.

Slightly wrong there, Season ticket holders who went to Sofia do NOT get priority over other season ticket holders.  

Those who went to sofia who don't have season tickets have exactly the same chance of getting a ticket as those who have season tickets and went.

Season ticket holders MUST ALWAYS have priority over non season ticket holders (as we can't get top tenner tickets etc), but the club could have at least had the decency to split some of that allocation to those who did go to sofia.

......offered me £250 if I would get him a ticket on my 2nd Season Ticket.

SOLD DOWN THE RIVER.

Less than 5% of the capacity as required by UEFA, restricted view, some VERY RESTRICTED, complete bloody shambles Rovers.

So we are asked to shell out around £70 for 3 tickets, food, accomodation, diesel etc to watch a pillar for 90 minutes. We're expected to turn up and watch Walsall without a murmur and the club can't even TRY to get tickets for those who want to go to Glasgow. A perceived "no chance" of getting a ticket will become a self-fulfilling prophecy over the lack of away support.

I've got 5 STs and the thought of being offered £250 for each ticket is very attractive - would pay off my overdraft in one go. I'll calm down but right now I can't even be bothered to think about going to the home leg.

VERY, VERY, VERY ANGRY

A second point: non season ticket holders who went to Sofia, SHOULD NOT be given priority over season ticket holders. At that rate, we will have season ticket holders who can't get tickets for the final [assuming of course, we got there], and non season ticket holders who are entitled to tickets.

It's a dodgy road to go down.

I suspect that most of the non-season ticket holders who went to Sofia are exactly like me - exiled in the South or elsewhere...and I bet there were only a handful of us there anyway - we'll hardly have any affect on the allocation.  It costs me over £100 to go to every home game - travel, tickets etc. so what's the point in me having a season ticket! The 500 or so who went to Sofia should have priority - I'm fortunate, but I did meet people over there who had spent their last penny getting there ... now how unjust would that be if they missed out on Celtic??

A second point: non season ticket holders who went to Sofia, SHOULD NOT be given priority over season ticket holders.

Slightly wrong there, Season ticket holders who went to Sofia do NOT get priority over other season ticket holders.  

Those who went to sofia who don't have season tickets have exactly the same chance of getting a ticket as those who have season tickets and went.

Season ticket holders MUST ALWAYS have priority over non season ticket holders (as we can't get top tenner tickets etc), but the club could have at least had the decency to split some of that allocation to those who did go to sofia.

Splittin' hairs there, SteB. non season ticket holders will have the opportunity to get tickets, while season ticket holders could miss out.

That's not the point though.

IT STINKS!

Splittin' hairs there, SteB. non season ticket holders will have the opportunity to get tickets, while season ticket holders could miss out.

That's not the point though.

IT STINKS!

Dont forget club staff etc will take a sizeable cut of the allocation in freebies etc.  There will probably be a maximum of 2500 available.

Personally i'm annoyed that Season Ticket holders who go to every away game including sofia have been shafted.   This much lauded database they go on about can easily be used to show that a regular 500 or so fans go to every match.

Whats Tom Finns email ?

The match is live on tv & rovers fans have shown time and time again that they do not travel in numbers.

Its nowhere near the same as the worthy final. we hadn't been in a meaningful final for over 60 years, so we were always going to sell out for that.

Just remember - how many people use this forum ? I wouldn't say it was a good percentage considering the number of people that travel to away games. The people on this board are obviously some of the most passionate of our supporters,  but the numbers simply don't stack up.

The only thing I would have changed though, is I would have liked to have seen rovers give celtic just the top half of the darwin end and then given our fans a time limit to buy tickets. If we didn't look like selling out, then we could have given them half the bottom end too.

That aside - I'll be there & I'll meet any of you on the board for beers before hand! I'll be getting in around lunchtime....

Disagree with the first part of your argument.

If you think small you act small.

agree with the latter. Rovers should have made more effort to accomodate rovers supporters at ewood.

I'll be in Glasgow, ticket or not, so first beer is on you AndyC :rover:

What an absolute farce!!!

THis means that season tickets holders who travel to most if not all away games, might still miss out!!

WHAT A JOKE!

erm, when have Rovers taken 3000 away fans to a game recently??

The simple fact of the matter, yes FACT, is that Celtic only offered Rovers that figure, they'd have loved to have given us less, but they were duty bound by the UEFA rules to give us 5% and that is what we have got.

The club would have loved to have got a larger allocation, but Celtic, as is their right, didn't want to give it.

As for the home fixture, the club would like nothing more than to give Celtic the minimum 5% (1500) for this game, but lets face it, we do not sell out our home games.

thanks

Lee

before everyone gives themselves a heart attack - remember this. Rovers are one of the only clubs I know that will listen to individual cases. If you are that worried about not getting a ticket - write to the club stating your case. I'm sure you will not be disapointed.

Us getting no more than the 5% is probably not even rovers fault. Us giving them the ent9ire darwin end is. But this way, as has already been pointed out, you are more likely to watch the game in the home area without it turning into man city mk 2

Celtic fans will pay silly money to get there hands on home tickets, & I expect quite a few rovers will cash in with it being so close to Christmas!

Before you  start whinging  about it...wait and see if you get your ticket first!

Disagree with the first part of your argument.

If you think small you act small.

agree with the latter. Rovers should have made more effort to accomodate rovers supporters at ewood.

I'll be in Glasgow, ticket or not, so first beer is on you AndyC :rover:

your on fella..

...now where are we meeting up !?!

What an absolute farce!!!

THis means that season tickets holders who travel to most if not all away games, might still miss out!!

WHAT A JOKE!

erm, when have Rovers taken 3000 away fans to a game recently??

The simple fact of the matter, yes FACT, is that Celtic only offered Rovers that figure, they'd have loved to have given us less, but they were duty bound by the UEFA rules to give us 5% and that is what we have got.

The club would have loved to have got a larger allocation, but Celtic, as is their right, didn't want to give it.

As for the home fixture, the club would like nothing more than to give Celtic the minimum 5% (1500) for this game, but lets face it, we do not sell out our home games.

thanks

Lee

Ok, we might not sell out the tickets, but chances are people will be disappointed.   I accept that there is very little Rovers could to about the allocation at celtic

BUT

Rovers have taken absolutely ZERO steps to take into account Season ticket holders who travel to away games, but have also given a chance to those who went to sofia who don't have season tickets.   Non S-T holders can still buy top tenner tickets etc during the season, whilst we've paid full price.    

This charter that Rovers seem to use when convienient is supposed to say that season ticket holders always have priority.

We could have TRIED to sell out Ewood Park and just give Celtic 1500. We COULD have offered 1500 tickets with an option on another 6500. We COULD have told the home support exactly what the position was, we could have let ST holders buy extra tickets. We COULD have down a lot of things in plenty of time to find out the REAL demand but no....

.....same old story, most attractive (biggest?) home fixture for years and the club won't take the opportunity to TRY and sell the tickets, to TRY and BUILD the supporter base. Just think of all those kids who could have said "I was there the night we beat Celtic".

I am desperatley disappointed with the club on this issue. JW really needs to come out with a considered statement instead of hiding behind the usual facts and figures.

We cut the price for Walsall to try and attract a crowd and then we give away the biggest ticket selling opportunity in years. The Walsall game should have been bundled with Celtic. Some sort of offer COULD have been worked out...but the club are just too idle and apathetic to bother with thinking about this.

It's a complete disgrace and I for one want JW to come out and tell us the truth. Blackburn Rovers really do know how to push us to the limit...time after time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.