BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

If 'woodwork supporters' come to the celtic game, will they be at the Walsall game, or the following premier league games?

I doubt it.

No of course they won't! That's just the point......this is a big one-off match that people who cannot attend regularly for whatever reason want to see but are being denied the opportunity just to satisfy Celtic.

I'm probably typical of some people in that I can only get to Ewood about 4 or 5 times a year but I am willing to rearrange all my work and domestic schedules (and have a row with missus!) for what will probably be a once-in-a-lifetime match.

Your argument is the same old where-were-you-lot-when-I was-watching-Rovers-play-away-to-Grimsby-in-the-1970s syndrone?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,ll repeat what I said a few pages back...

I live in Glasgow, and the tic supporters our laughing their c**ks off at us.

They are rubbing their hands because they think we're not interested.  When the draw was first made a lot of my friends were being cautious about predicting the result.  They were giving us some respect because we have some decent players.

Now because of the ticketing arrangements and some of Soueys earlier views on the UEFA cup, they are predicting an easy passage into the next round.  

Brfc have given them a psychological edge,  and they will make the most of it.

I may have to consider moving if we get horsed. :unhappy:

They are rubbing their hands because they think we're not interested.  When the draw was first made a lot of my friends were being cautious about predicting the result.  They were giving us some respect because we have some decent players.

Now because of the ticketing arrangements and some of Soueys earlier views on the UEFA cup, they are predicting an easy passage into the next round.  

What the hell does it matter what Celtic fans think ?  Remember Cardiff - we weren't given a chance by the world in general and Spurs fans in particular.

Just cos there are 10 times more Celtic fans in the world than Rovers fans doesn't mean they're any better on the pitch.

When we've dumped them out they'll stop laughing.

Lee is it definite that us who went to Sofia are guarranteed a ticket for the away leg if we had in a postal application on Saturday?

If so  - what do they need? They can't have a stub as the Bulgaria Boot Police tore them in half when we where going into the ground - or will they go off the forms that we had to fill in before we went?

I'm probably typical of some people in that I can only get to Ewood about 4 or 5 times a year but I am willing to rearrange all my work and domestic schedules (and have a row with missus!) for what will probably be a once-in-a-lifetime match.

Another example would be me. I'm due in London for a meeting the day after, so obviously I'm going to come a day early, fly into Manchester, hopefully see the game, sleeper train down to London etc.

Didn't go to Sofia, bought one ticket in last 2 years, I suppose I shouldn't be allowed to go really!

Lee is it definite that us who went to Sofia are guarranteed a ticket for the away leg if we had in a postal application on Saturday?

If so  - what do they need? They can't have a stub as the Bulgaria Boot Police tore them in half when we where going into the ground - or will they go off the forms that we had to fill in before we went?

If you purchased your tickets from the club, then you are fine, there'll be a record of you travelling there.

Captain - All ticket sales should be booked against your name on the database, so you should just be able to put your stubs in, along with the filled in voucher P's, the SAE and of course the cheque.

around 400-500 i think

Well, in that case I don't see how we can complain about only getting 3,000 tickets.

As for giving Celtic the whole Darwen End, I've criticised that policy in the past, but I'm coming round to it now.

The club have been lambasted in the past for it's ticketing policy which has been consequently proved to be spot on.

People have got to realise that BRFC are in a unique position regarding ground capacity. Most clubs 'grow' their ground capacity to meet actual demand whereas Ewood was purpose built with a large over-capacity. This is why we have the arguments about ticket allocations whenever a 'big' team comes to town. Just suppose Ewood only held 22,000, then based on our attendances over recent times we could have quite happily given Celtic 1,000 tickets and said 'take it or leave it' reasonably sure that those Rovers fans who had a ticket would not be the type to flog it. This is unfortunatly not the case. If Rovers attempted to sell upto 30,000 to home fans do you honestly think that 'half hearted-once a season-big game' Rovers fans would be sitting in their allocated seat that they had payed £20 for when some desperate Celtic fan will be offering upwards of £100 on the night. In my view games like this are not the ones to experiment with growing the supporter base. Games like tomorrows (Newcastle), or if we where to meet one of the European giants like Bayern Munich should be the games we are encouraged to 'bring a friend', confident that these tickets would not be sold on.

Well, in that case I don't see how we can complain about only getting 3,000 tickets.

Slightly misleading point.

We are playing Glasgow Celtic not (say) Obilic Belgrade. There is a difference

I follow what you are saying ewood spark, about the unique position of rovers. You're right to a point. Surely though, Celtic IS the game to cater for "part time" supporters.

I really don't understand the people who don't care who gets tickets, as long as the "real" supporters are looked after.

It's the only way we are ever going to increase the fan base. It's the only way we are ever going to get the extra supporters needed to re-develop the riverside.

We've got to give the rovers fans, part time or not, the opportunity to come to the big games.

This occassionally will mean taking a gamble on selling all our tickets.

:D Hello there Rovers fans!

Nice forum you have here!

Just popped in to see what the gossip is leading up to the big match between both our much loved clubs.

First of all, tickets....I am so so glad you are giving us 8,000. Great gesture. Rovers could have been awkward about it and given us the standard 5%. We could have filled Ewood on our own, but 8,000 is a decent allocation.

Pity there seems to be a possible shortage for your visit to Celtic Park. I hope all you travelling manage to get tickets.

What will be guaranteed though is an incredible atmosphere at each ground. If you are considering travelling to Glasgow, please don't miss the chance! Get up here! You will have a brilliant time. You will never experience an atmosphere like it. You will also be welcomed by Celtic fans in Glasgow....please feel free to visit the 'Gallowgate'.....which leads to Celtic Park and is full of Celtic pubs. You will be made to feel at home.

I'll definitely be down for the game at Ewood. Any suggestions where to visit before the game? best pubs to go to etc.?

Hope it's a great match.....I won't be making predictions!

Cheers,

SMc

P.S. All the best for tomorrow v Newcastle....hope you stuff them!  :D

What the hell does it matter what Celtic fans think ?  Remember Cardiff - we weren't given a chance by the world in general and Spurs fans in particular.

Just cos there are 10 times more Celtic fans in the world than Rovers fans doesn't mean they're any better on the pitch.

When we've dumped them out they'll stop laughing.

It F*****G matters to me, I,ve got live up here !!!

If anyone is still thinking this game should be on open sale to allow our part time armchair fans in ... erm perhaps not ...

from www.etims.net

Blackburn Rovers are pulling out all the stops in an effort to prevent Celtic fans from taking over their ground for the UEFA Cup tie on 14th November.

Although they have already promised Celtic 8000 briefs for the game theY have clearly been warned of the level of interest from Celtic fans. It's thought the number wanting to travel will be in excess of the 20,000 who traveled to Old Trafford for last season's friendly.

To ensure a majority home support Blackburn Rovers will initially make tickets available to season ticket holders only, from Thursday 24th October. Any remaining tickets will be available to "Non Season Ticket Holders with a history of purchasing tickets for season 2001/2002 and 2002/2003" from Thursday 31 October. It remains to be seen how easy it will be to implement this system which will no doubt be tested to the limit by many Celtic fans living south of the border.

The game is live on BBC TV with an 8.05pm KO so it's hoped Blackburn will be unable to sell out their end of the ground hence increasing Celtic's allocation.

Blackburn have deemed the game category A with regards to ticket prices. Tickets will range from £18-£32 for adults.

With many fans already having arranged travel and accommodation (mostly in Blackpool and Preston) then it is expected the touts will have a field day with the ticketless Celtic fans in attendance.

Celtic have announced that the 8000 allocated for the game at Ewood Park will be balloted between members of the Away European Register (after the investors dip their fat cat mitts in that is). Supporters need not apply as everyone on the Register will be entered into the ballot with the successful being offered tickets by post.

No doubt it will be yet another huge cock-up and bedlam will ensue so dodgy English accents and English addresses may be the order of the day.

Etims understands that Roy Keane remains confident of being successful in yet another ballot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.