SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its called queueing from 8pm the night before.  Then you get around the phone system.

I was told that Rovers have taken on extra staff for today to cope with demand, although it would be no surprise if they intentionally ignore the phone calls as theres already enough in the queue at ewood.

Sheer Weight of the queue must have caused earth tremors, as there was an earthquake in Manchester at 8:45 !!!!

Yeah, join the queue in the rain like everyone else!!

Bit hard from Birmingham Ste - you know with work and all!

Also have you got a pocket PC there? you know to post from the queue that your in?

I'm at work too, one of the advantages of going to Sofia means I dont have to queue for hours.  (But i would have done)

SteB

I'm at work too, one of the advantages of going to Sofia means I dont have to queue for hours.  (But i would have done)

So am I.  I handed my application in before the game on Saturday.  Hope it hasn't slipped down the back of the desk!!

Came past the ground earlier and their didn't seem to be much of a queue at all. I know people queue under the stand but the windows seemed empty.

Over reaction maybe?

Revidge,

What you must understand is that Celtic have refused point blank to give us anymore tickets and that is as simple as it gets. I agree we could have told them to increase the allocation or hold back tickets at Ewood but I’m sure that was never an option in the grand scheme of things.

The club have taken a view based on away support in recent times and asked for the 3000.

When was the last time we took 3000 away? all things being equal?

Behind me in the queue was an employee of the Club who works at the ground on matchdays in Jack Walker lower. Not sure if he's a steward or matchday sales.

He told me and several others in the queue that Rovers were offered either 7,200 or 3,200 tickets (including 400 for players and directors). It was either one or the other due to segregation, no inbetween. He said we refused the 7,200 because we didn't want to take the risk of not selling them.

Saw John Newsome outside the ground who again reiterated the official line that we were only ever offered 5%.

It always amuses me how a steward would know the ins and outs of the football club.

John Newsham is quite correct, and he of course would know because he liases with Celtic on all matters relating to safety for fans.

5% thats all we were ever offered.

I only know the facts because I'm one of the 'public faces' of Blackburn Rovers, and was shown details by Tom Finn the morning all announcements were made.

cheers

Lee

Why then Lee, did the club not announce that season ticket holders could claim their tickets on Saturday or Sunday?

Why did we then have to queue after the game on Saturday (I was told this by the guy who sits behind me, who I understand messaged you to find out what was going on) to hand in applications and then other people who queued actually got their tickets. I spoke to a group on lads on Sunday who went down to the ground and also got tickets while I didn't even get a receipt, they just wrote my card number down.

The communication over all this has been terrible, the club have let themselves down again, taking 9 days to announce the details doesn't help either.

Apparantly stewards are telling anyone who turns up at Ewood there is a queue of over 3 hours for tickets.

Well I've been trying on the phone for over two hours and still no joy.

Lee, it's not so much the size of the allocation I'm bothered about, it's the way they are being distributed. I travel everywhere with Rovers and only missed three games in all competitions home and away last season and I have only missed one game domestically this. I couldn't make it to Sofia - and quite rightly those who went to Bulgaria deserve tickets for Celtic - but why should I miss out on a ticket to someone who has never been away!?!

I know there are loads of sob stories etc.... but I'm stuck in an office in Leeds trying to get through on the phone and it is doing my head in.

Perhaps it's time to introduce a caps/points scheme like England have for their away games. It would encourage more people to go to less attractive away games in the hope of getting enough points for the big games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.