BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

I and everyone else on this message board knows that Celtic fans will be in all parts of the ground anyway. In fact it is a money spinning opportunity for fans to make a few quid!

That said anyone in the rovers areas of ewood with celtic colours on should be ejected from the ground straight away.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steb

So do I as he sits in front of us on the same row as you (I think) and not far from you - can't wait for tomorrow

You beat me to that - it wasn't long ago that there was a thread on here about supporting other teams also(of which Celtic seemed to have a large majority) and what I consider a load of bo##ux.

I asked the question then  of who they will support if we ever played each other to which I got told was irrelevant as it probably wouldn't happen, so I ask again - now you hypocrites who are you going to support?

Tris

I don't think anybody wants them to go on open sale - the club has said if you have record of buying tickets before 8 October you will be ok - however they have underestimated the amount of interest  in this game by going full out and giving Celtic all the Darwen End, and that is what has annoyed people.

Steb

So do I as he sits in front of us on the same row as you (I think) and not far from you - can't wait for tomorrow

You beat me to that - it wasn't long ago that there was a thread on here about supporting other teams also(of which Celtic seemed to have a large majority) and what I consider a load of bo##ux.

I asked the question then  of who they will support if we ever played each other to which I got told was irrelevant as it probably wouldn't happen, so I ask again - now you hypocrites who are you going to support?

Tris

I don't think anybody wants them to go on open sale - the club has said if you have record of buying tickets before 8 October you will be ok - however they have underestimated the amount of interest  in this game by going full out and giving Celtic all the Darwen End, and that is what has annoyed people.

Couple of rows in front to the right yes.   I go to away matches with him and a few other lads.   Currently most upset with me, as I pointed out that he might have some divided loyalties, he's blue, but it might confuse Mr Lard.

There is of course a one time regular of this site (whom I haven't seen around for a long time) who until this season had both a Celtic and a Rovers season ticket and managed to watch both away ... and even found time to take in the odd Norwich (I think it was Norwich anyway) game.

Macky > I'll not be camping, but I'll be outside very, very early.

All tickets purchased from Blackburn have either the customers name or number on it and i remember that after the Man City game a letter was published saying that if a supporter of an oposition team is found in the home end with a ticket then from this they can find out who sold it to them and they get a ban from the ground. As the fans need a history of buying tickets then the information on the ticket should be correct and the person getting a ban hence people will be very wary about selling their ticket.

There is of course a one time regular of this site (whom I haven't seen around for a long time) who until this season had both a Celtic and a Rovers season ticket and managed to watch both away ... and even found time to take in the odd Norwich (I think it was Norwich anyway) game.

Glenn: drop us a text and i'll come outside for a chat :)

SteB: love the Keith Lard reference, but I've no idea who you are talking about ;) although everyone in front of me will find that very amusing when I tell them tomorrow.

Baz: putting references to 'fans making a few quid' will do no Rovers fans any favours, it will hamper any future ticket allocations - home and away.

:rover: i wish everyone ,who is in the queue on monday sucsess,i have decided to wait till wednesday before i go for my tickets,well circumstances dictate wednesday.if i get my 2 tickets i will be very happy,if not i will watch it in the pub on tv.

And so it rumbles on ..........

Final thoughts on this because nothing will be changed now for the tie

1. celtic nave obviously done the best thing for themselves - fine

2. rovers board appear to have done little to further the interests of rovers fans in either leg

3. with a little imagination and simple business acumen and negotiation SURELY they could have either got more tickets for celtic park or delayed giving tics whole 8000 in DE - give home fans chance of buying first - if still empties after 1st leg then offer to celtic (unless club think that it will be all over after first leg ...... in which case tickets should have been on sale for past week - why the delay?

4. longterm thinking is needed to build fanbase - take some risks some times!!!

5. increased fanbase comes from people seeing the BIG matches - not being offered cheap tickets vs walsall or sofia

6. if worried about walsall tickets - bundle with celtic match!!

7. make it clear that rovers fans wanting a ticket for umanuu in Decemebr must have a stub for home celtic match

8. why does nobody in the club show any imagination (took me half an hour to think of above - with a little thoughts and consideration from the clubs business brains they should have no trouble)

9. 8000 tickets for tics only encourages more to turn up! offer them 2500 initially, they dont plan to come then offer more (if we dont sell) 1 week before. they still sell but you dont have half as many ticketless fans trying to get in all areas of the ground

FINALLY

The proof of the pud will be in the eating

Will away tickets sell out - what will board comment be if they all gone on monday?

Will home tickets sell out - what will board say if all tickets for home areas sell before 1st leg?

If Im wrong on this I will be on here eating humble pie but if Im right I would expect someone from the club to do some explaining

ONE MORE (AGAIN)

If the main aim of the club has been to grow supporter base, and the suits in charge (who devised the main aim!) havent achieved that (which they havent) what does it say about the capability of those in charge?

I spoke to her outside Flanagans just before the Sofia away game, but I don't think she still has her season ticket.  Then again, i'm sure she will get in somehow.

I spoke to her outside Flanagans just before the Sofia away game, but I don't think she still has her season ticket.  Then again, i'm sure she will get in somehow.

If your talking about the same person as i think you are (except im drunk and not really read this properly!) then she does still ahve her seasont ticket im sure! May be not for celtic but definatly rovers

ANd yes i know i spelt definalety wrong!

I met her at Notts Forest a couple of seasons back and there's no doubt that she will have divided loyalties.  I suspect Celtic may just come first for her though.

Glenn: drop us a text and i'll come outside for a chat :)

Cheers, white, no sugar. ;)

Can you come via McD's on your way round too :)

Baz: putting references to 'fans making a few quid' will do no Rovers fans any favours, it will hamper any future ticket allocations - home and away.

Im not saying I will do it I just think it is inevitable

As the subject of a little of the conversation above, let me "reassure" you

I'm no longer a Celtic season ticket holder- I couldn't really get there enough to justify keeping another fan out.

I wasn't a Rovers season ticket holder until this game came up.  I bought a ticket for that so that I can get a ticket (I was also away in Sofia)

At the game, I'll be cheering every touch of the ball, and every goal

Anyone who really knows me knows who I'll be supporting in my heart.  I couldn't believe it when the draw came out- screamed out loud at work!!

See you all at the game- with both scarves on!

Just been reading through the early pages of this thread again and wondered if the people who said 3,000 tickets would be enough and that we'd struggle to sell them (Gav,waggy) had changed there opinion after the strength of feeling on this thread and the number of people at Ewood yesterday who were talking about going.

I'll be trying the phone from 9.00 tomorrow but still not confident.

By now I'm resigned to the fact that having to be at work for 8.30, and phoning the ticket office on my mobile is going to cost as much as a new left back, I havent a cat in hells chance of going to Glasgow.

Good luck to all fellow travelling season ticket holders tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.