BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

oh well - cancelled my flight

looks like i'll have to go and find a irish bar in Brum and watch the game there  :unhappy:

Cheers to all those trying to help, and can i also say cheers to the very sympathetic (not to mentioned very stressed) operator who i spoke to when i finally got through.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is exactly what I was implying mate.

I know but I felt the need to have a go at the clubs staff with the absolute mess they made of the Celtic allocation despite us telling them exactly what would happen.

The point being ... Rovers don't need to do "something similar".  I bet we don't sell the 2,800 tickets.

Who took Tris up on the bet?  :D

Ain't it a bad idea talking sh*te at 1am after a load of ale ?

DOH

Can't wait to see all the woodwork crawlers (and lets face it there must be a hell of a lot in the 2,800) away at Southampton ...

:oops:

Or make the journey to some far flung east European destination :D

Congrats to those who got tickets,commiserations to those who didn't.

i didnt get a ticket, i went to sofia and i havent missed a game in three seasons and when i went to the ticket office they told me there was no form to guarentee a ticket as there was nothing in the program and people who never went to sofia nor go to any away games have got tickets. i asked whether they are going to ask for more tickets anfd they said maybe. Does anyone have a email adress where i can get in touch with John Williams as a have already email the ticket office.

Anyone wanna sell a ticket £150

i didnt get a ticket, i went to sofia and i havent missed a game in three seasons and when i went to the ticket office they told me there was no form to guarentee a ticket as there was nothing in the program and people who never went to sofia nor go to any away games have got tickets. i asked whether they are going to ask for more tickets anfd they said maybe. Does anyone have a email adress where i can get in touch with John Williams as a have already email the ticket office.

My argument all along, sorry mate, I feared it would be me in your position, if I was you I would complain all the way, good luck.

Came past the ground earlier and their didn't seem to be much of a queue at all. I know people queue under the stand but the windows seemed empty.

Over reaction maybe?

Revidge,

What you must understand is that Celtic have refused point blank to give us anymore tickets and that is as simple as it gets. I agree we could have told them to increase the allocation or hold back tickets at Ewood but I’m sure that was never an option in the grand scheme of things.

The club have taken a view based on away support in recent times and asked for the 3000.

When was the last time we took 3000 away? all things being equal?

Yes GAV,your W R O N G again.Hundreds of Rovers fans were under the Blackburn end stand.All the tickets are sold,and I among lots of others hope you didnt get one.

Posted: Oct. 13 2002, 19:29  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souey’sflag

How many?  

Is there a set % of tickets laid down by u.e.a.f.a. as in other cup comps.10% of 60,000 would be nice don't you think, I know recent away support has been poor but I honestly beleive we would sell the lot.

Waggy

in your dreams

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i was right after all, unfotunately we'll never know.

Genuinely very sorry for those who haven't managed to get a ticket.

Surprised at that, the lady who took my application knew all about it.

Mentioned this to a mate who put his application in on Friday, and the T-O knew nothing, but rang somebody up, and took his application off him no problems.

Try the official site, theres an email for John Williams PA on the customer charter page.  Wont happen though.

As I said earlier I knew nothing about the Saturday/Sunday availability for season ticket holder who went to Sofia - as I read it I thought they were just putting 500 on one side for everyone who went to Bulgaria.

It is a joke as they already have all those names and addresses from the ticket applications. They could have visited each of us individually to let us know!

The clubs PR image has suffered considerably in my eyes over this, the club made a tenner on every fan who bought a ticket for Sofia at £12 by my reckoning, unless we subsidised the Bulgarian fans who came over here.

One announcement to keep everyone in the know, sell the tickets over today, tomorrow and Wednesday and organise stub requirements/buying histories etc etc. I missed out on the cup game at Bolton when the club put ALL the tickets straight onto general sale rather than to Season Tricket holders first - and I'm not even going to mention the £26 for the home game!

Not a chance of me getting a ticket, to be honest I havent been to enough games this season to deserve one.

Gav, hope you got yours.

Jordan, argue right to the top, a mate of mine did this with Liverpool a few seasons ago when he went away in europe with liverpool and then didn't get a semi final ticket for the uefa cup, a strongly worded letter resulted in a ticket coming through the post. Don't give up on it.

Just spoke to the ticket office - Lots of soton away tickets left.

Apparently they havent processed the postal applications yet.   This could be fun.

According to the girl I spoke to this morning they had, as the information came up on computer when I read out the season ticket account numbers.

Just spoke to the ticket office - Lots of soton away tickets left.

Apparently they havent processed the postal applications yet.   This could be fun.

According to the girl I spoke to this morning they had, as the information came up on computer when I read out the season ticket account numbers.

Bugger, because as of 10 minutes ago, it didnt for mine..

Let me say at this point i was totally wrong about the number of tickets i beleived we'd sell. It's clear from the way tickets have sold we could indeed have taken double the 3000 allocated but have been hit by poor away followings in recent times.

Feel sorry for the ones who can't attend but most of all Jordan  :unhappy:

I really don't see this game being bigger than a top Premiership match. This season so far we have averaged 20-22k home supporters which is enough for the cup game against Celtic.

Really don't see what the problem is.

What do you reckon GAVIN,did this little post from your goodself on Oct 15th influence,Tom Finn,Williams,into accepting only 2800 tickets from Celtic,as oppose to the other offer of 7500.Nice one GAVIN.

What’s your problem Blue Flush?  I’ll agree that Rovers should have pushed for more tickets and the allocation of those tickets should have been fairer, but you can’t go blaming fellow board members for that.

For anyone who doesn't know him, Jordan, at the age of 19, has been to the last 92 games home and away.

For the trip to Sofia he went straight from West Brom to Heathrow, slept on the floor there, went to Sofia, came back, slept on another floor and got up at 6am to go to Spurs.

If Rovers don't sort him out a ticket it would be shocking.

What’s your problem Blue Flush?  I’ll agree that Rovers should have pushed for more tickets and the allocation of those tickets should have been fairer, but you can’t go blaming fellow board members for that.

Of course I'm not blaming GAVIN,the blame is entireley on the club for being far to cautious (tickets for Celtic),and far too soft(tickets for Celtic fans,at Ewood).Negative GAVIN,did'nt even bother to queue for a ticket this morning,as he was swanning around in hic car.BUT,it seems he's landed himself with a ticket,well done GAVIN.The worrying thing is theres only a 2800 to one chance of him sitting next to me.God imagine that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.