BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

As I explained in the second part of my post above Celtic hold all the aces. Ok, imagine the scenario where Rovers tell Celtic they are only getting 1500 unless they budge on the Parkhead quota. If I were part of the Celtic negotiating team I would just shrug my shoulders and call the Rovers bluff secure in the knowledge that most of the tickets in the Darwen End would end up in Celtic fans hands anyway if Rovers tried to spread their support to thinly.

We just have to face that this is a no win situation for Rovers. Celtic know that we do not have the strength in home support to force their hand over our allocation at their place, end of story.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovers held all the aces in the fact we were in a position to offer such a massive allocation for the second leg!

How would tickets have ended up in Celtic hands if sales were restricted to people on the database?

We all know there will be a certain amount of infiltration anyway through tickets being sold on, though I doubt this will be anything like the level for the City game as it's a massive game for Rovers fans.

Rovers held all the aces in the fact we were in a position to offer such a massive allocation for the second leg!

How would tickets have ended up in Celtic hands if sales were restricted to people on the database?

We all know there will be a certain amount of infiltration anyway through tickets being sold on, though I doubt this will be anything like the level for the City game as it's a massive game for Rovers fans.

While the database will prove of great use over time a more accurate 'litmus test' of un-corruptable Rovers support was Saturday's attendance. In my opinion there are probably less than 20,000 loyal Rovers fans who would not be tempted by a fistfull of scottish funny money.

While the database will prove of great use over time a more accurate 'litmus test' of un-corruptable Rovers support was Saturday's attendance. In my opinion there are probably less than 20,000 loyal Rovers fans who would not be tempted by a fistfull of scottish funny money.

most places wont let you spend scottish pound notes in england ,as i found out 2 weeks ago when i got back from cumbernauld,chippy in manchester told me i couldnt spend it.so he got some nice language and told him id return with trading standerds .he then asked what i wanted so I ordered pudding ,chips ,peas and gravy and then proudly told him shove it up YER ASS!!

abbey

I pulled a similar trick in a pub once, got in a nd some jumped up little hitler started asking me for ID and being really arsy, I'm 24 and never get asked for id so don't carry it. In the end he decided to serve me so I ordered a good size round (there was a few of us) and promptly walked out the door when he put the last pint on the bar............ I even pulled the same line of shove it up yer arse....... made me chuckle seeing someone else do the same thing

Well Part 1 went to plan!

2800! THE CLOWNS!

Watch out for part 2!

As I said before the people that run the club know nothing about football and the people of East Lancs. How could we expect them to ..... after all theyre just supposed to be top business men!

Im far from bitter cos Ive fortunately got a ticket.  How much better would it have been with 6-7k though?  And how much damage will be done if part 2 ends similarly?  I tell you, rovers have mad another big mistake giving celtic the whole DE.

Gav - home fans average this season is much better than 20k! There werent 4000 empty seats on Saturady.  In addition to the official attendance you need to add another 1500-2000 for free under-8 season tickets which the club do not (I believe) include on the attendance figures.

I could sell 50 tickets for each leg on my own ..... and many of mates have got tickets for away leg, most will have for home.  Someone earlier said they should get out and speak to the fans - EXACTLY! It aint hard, just requires a bit of effort!

Whether or not you believe that Rovers couldn't get more than 2,800 tickets it is the distribution of the tickets that I disagree with. If I had been to 15 away games last season but missed out to someone who had been to all the away games ,whilst not being happy, I would have to accept that as being fair. If however I lost out to someone who had been to no away games I would feel cheated and really angry.

Jordan and Hannah contact the club, beg, plead, whatever they must still have some tickets to cover themselves if they screw up - it's hardly unexpected.

Whether or not you believe that Rovers couldn't get more than 2,800 tickets it is the distribution of the tickets that I disagree with. If I had been to 15 away games last season but missed out to someone who had been to all the away games ,whilst not being happy, I would have to accept that as being fair. If however I lost out to someone who had been to no away games I would feel cheated and really angry.

Totally agree, I sympathise deeply with Jordan and others, I have missed very few games over the past few seasons and was worried I would be in the same position as Jordan, the fact that Jordan dosn't have a ticket is a huge injustice.#

It is good to hear that the club will be rewarding regular away travellers in th future, but like somone said before it is kind of shutting the gate when the horse has bolted.

Well Part 1 went to plan!

2800! THE CLOWNS!

Watch out for part 2!

As I said before the people that run the club know nothing about football and the people of East Lancs. How could we expect them to ..... after all theyre just supposed to be top business men!

Im far from bitter cos Ive fortunately got a ticket.  How much better would it have been with 6-7k though?  And how much damage will be done if part 2 ends similarly?  I tell you, rovers have mad another big mistake giving celtic the whole DE.

Gav - home fans average this season is much better than 20k! There werent 4000 empty seats on Saturady.  In addition to the official attendance you need to add another 1500-2000 for free under-8 season tickets which the club do not (I believe) include on the attendance figures.

I could sell 50 tickets for each leg on my own ..... and many of mates have got tickets for away leg, most will have for home.  Someone earlier said they should get out and speak to the fans - EXACTLY! It aint hard, just requires a bit of effort!

I think i've gone on record earlier in the post as saying we average between 20-22k and i don't see that as being to far out.

Biggest home game last season, as is every season, Man Utd at home and it never sold out in home areas! infact i don't think we sold out one game last season.

Whilst i was wrong about the away leg i really don't see the home leg being a problem in terms of interest from Rovers supporters.

Just a thought in another direction. I may be way out, but, for the last few days or week there has been no word from JW. [or am I wrong?]. Has he been away? I seem to remember someone saying that he was away. Could it be that Tom Finn has taken all this on his own back?

Is that the reason that after saying there would be an announcement in a couple of days, that it actually took another week to announce the ticket details?

It's no excuse I know, but was Tom Finn really the man with his finger on the pulse? I doubt that he is in touch with the fans as much as JW is. You wouldn't expect him to be really, would you?

I wonder whether things would have been different if JW had been in charge.

Maybe I'm way off course.

Why this obsession with who or who doesn't sort out ticket allocations?

I expect (I wasn't there, it aint my job) that arrangements for the Celtic home and away games will have been discussed at management meetings.

I don't know who was in the party that went up to Celtic Park.

..........but was Tom Finn really the man with his finger on the pulse? I doubt that he is in touch with the fans as much as JW is...........

From personal experience I know Tom Finn will move mountains for the fans if he can. At Cardiff he undertook to ensure I got an extra seat for my wife close to the rest of the family - we could only buy four on the STs. A few days later the club called to say I'd got the extra seat two rows directly in front and would that be good enough - made our weekend, the same stand would have been good enough!

I think the club got the Celtic allocation badly wrong in many respects. However I know from the above and other help I've received that anyone who approaches Rovers calmly and politely will get as much help as the club can possibly give.

Can anyone shed light on a rumour that I've heard that there are some 'Corporate' tickets available for the Celtic (A) match at £100 or £200 each.  The later involves an overnight stay in Glasgow.

It might be worth some of the disgruntled fans asking the ticket office about these as if they are available then it could be an option: Jordan/waggy etc?

It's not an obsession. It's the first time I've thought about it.

Somebody's misjudged the situation.

Hence the "reviewing ticketing policy" statement.

The 'reviewing ticketing policy' statement refers to the way tickets are allocated and has nothing to do with how many tickets Celtic were willing to give us. I believe that the database should record the season ticket account number of every fan puchasing an away ticket. In this way a points system could be devised in which the loyal away fans are justly rewarded. I will be bringing this issue up at the next Fans forum.

As an aside to this I must compliment the club on the way they handled the queing arrangements on Sunday night/Monday morning. I arrived at midnight, and was immediatly offered a warm drink by the attendant stewards. They proceeded to repeat this offer several times during the night. Opening the B'burn end concourse was a life saver and employing the stewards on overtime for a night was a gesture the club need not have made.

I believe that the database should record the season ticket account number of every fan puchasing an away ticket. In this way a points system could be devised in which the loyal away fans are justly rewarded. I will be bringing this issue up at the next Fans forum.

Agree entirely and have e-mailed Tom Finn expressing my concern at the distribution for Celtic. This system is in place for Englandfans members who wish to travel abroad and several Premiership clubs also use such a system to good effect.

I fully back up the comment made by Paul regarding Tom Finn.

I had a problem regarding tickets allocated at the Worthington Cup Final. I wrote to Tom Finn and after he had taken the trouble to telephone me, he arranged for my tickets to be exchanged.

As has been stated many times on this messageboard, the Club will always try and accomodate a genuine request if they are approached in a calm and reasonable manner.

Whether people agree or disagree with the actual allocation of Celtic tickets, all the information was quite clearly detailed around the ground before the Newcastle game and everybody knew quite clearly the options of either trying to queue for hours or trying their luck on the telephone

Whether people agree or disagree with the actual allocation of Celtic tickets, all the information was quite clearly detailed around the ground before the Newcastle game and everybody knew quite clearly the options of either trying to queue for hours or trying their luck on the telephone

Agree with most of your comments, espcially about Tom Finn being a top bloke, but I was assured more people would be on duty to take telephone calls to satisfy demand (which obviously didn't happen as it took me four hours to get through).

I would have gladly taken the day off and qued all night to get tickets for the game, but I live in Leeds and because the ticket office gave me assurances I would be able to book over the phone, I tried to - and failed!

Many in the queue were of the view the Club shouldn't be accepting telephone applications at all.

I would have had no problem with them making you que for a ticket and in hindsight, I should have taken the day off and come over to que for a ticket. But I decided to go to work and try and phone because I was told I wouldn't have a problem. I will know in future.

Many in the queue were of the view the Club shouldn't be accepting telephone applications at all.

I would have had no problem with them making you que for a ticket and in hindsight, I should have taken the day off and come over to que for a ticket. But I decided to go to work and try and phone because I was told I wouldn't have a problem. I will know in future.

The whole point of this ticketing review has be so that those who do travel regularly do not have to go through the situation of having to queue for 9 hours, redial 900 times, or to miss out completely.   Season ticket holders also need to have some sort of guarantee of a higher placing in such queues as any non season ticket holder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.