BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

Yes that is true and that is what the area we are in is like!! According to some people i know, it isnt too much of a obstruction!!

Rovers fans shouldnt b bothered about it anyhow!!

They should imply be going to Back there team 100%

I will be!

See you in Glasgow!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This loyalty, season tickets etc. discussion is going nowhere.

Fact is, the club vastly underestimated demand for this game and as a result, on the day it was pot luck as to whether you were going to get a ticket or not.

If anyone has by-passed the rules then they can be criticised but let's not make those who got their ticket through normal channels and are going to the match feel guilty by conducting a witch hunt.

As always the definition of loyalty can be quite subjective so it is up to the club to make this call.

Spot on, Uddersfelt.  Some of our most loyal fans are arguably the exiles who are unable to get to any games but make all sorts of sacrifices to make sure they see and hear as much as they possibly can.  

Too many people for my liking seem obsessed with the vain attempt to identify themselves as better/more worthy fans than their neighbour.

Nobody understimates the level of sacrifices that many of the exiles make in order to get to games, not least the Rovers Board.   Fact is those who have taken the time to contact people at the club have been sorted out on numerous occasions when situations such as this arise - Jordan, Paul, MickeFin to name but 3 on this board.

The important thing is to get strike a balance with the ticketing policy that the club feel is fair to all fans.  Once this policy is made, then the club should publicise it fully and stick to it.   Fans will then know where they stand when a potential big game is coming up, even if all it means is they know that they must join the queue ridiculously early if they want to be sure of a ticket.

Over the last few seasons, there have been few occasions when stubs etc have come into play for tickets.   3 such occasions were Cardiff, Gillingham, and Burnley away

Cardiff ticketing was perfectly planned - those who queued all saturday were well treated, those who went to fulham / west ham didn't lose out, and in the end everybody who wanted a ticket got one.  

Gillingham away when we had about 1000 was well planned - the vouchers given at QPR gave people some priority, although lack of publicity of this led to lots being thrown away on the day.

Burnley away was well handled, althought the takeup from our fans for that game didnt really test the clubs ticketing policy.

You can all shut up as 3000 wasnt near enough!! we could very easily of sold 3 times that!! Rovers had over 4800 requests on the 1st day of ticket sales!

Fortunatley i was one of the lucky few!

Unfortunatley Celtic only have to give us 3000 as per UEFA however they did originally offer us 7000!!

Why didnt we take them??

Rovers have denied that they were ever offered 7000 tickets for the celtic game.  Fact is tickets for all celtic areas went on sale very quickly after the draw was made.

Sorry, never managed to get pics to you in time....but at least someone else did!

Just to confirm.....on that link to the pics......the third photo down, on the left hand side....the corner between the two stands is the area you will have for the match. The pole visible in that pic is the ONLY obstruction....it's not too bad.

I reckon it must be really hard for the club to predict interest in European ties.

The best way, Debs, was to look on the messageboards. It was obvious from there, that there would be a massive demand.

Hmm .. .this board has under 900 members, under 200 (at a guess) contribute ... I doubt it's good business to start making commercial decisions which potentially affect 20,000 plus fans by taking too much notice of what's said on here.

That said, didn't we learn from a fairly reliable source last year that an eye from on high does monitor this ?

Capt Kayos.....you're in for a treat.....whatever the result, the atmosphere will be immense....and you 'll have a great day out in Glasgow.

Hope you take up my open invitation to Rover's fans of visiting the Celtic pubs! Even with a Blue and white scarf...you'll be welcome!

Cheers

Capt Kayos.....you're in for a treat.....whatever the result, the atmosphere will be immense....and you 'll have a great day out in Glasgow.

Hope you take up my open invitation to Rover's fans of visiting the Celtic pubs! Even with a Blue and white scarf...you'll be welcome!

Cheers

Cheers SMc_Celtic

Have a word with your 57,199 mates would you - make sure they're on side ! ?

Seriously, I'm sure it'll be absolutely fantastic and no trouble - can't wait

This situation is a result of the club's at times average and at others appalling away support. Over the last few seasons I have witnessed the club's away followings and their totally unpredictable nature.

Promotion season: Watford away (night)- around a thousand.

Last season: Middlesbrough away (Sat)- Nedding a win too secure survival, not many more than a thousand.

This season: City away (Sun), First local game of the season, 1,500.

This will have clouded the club's judgement somewhat, yes they should have worked out that for big games the fans ALWAYS return, Arsenal in the FA Cup, over 4,000 sold in three days. So the club should have realised that Celtic was one such game.

Yes, the club is probably at fault, but the big drop in away support over the last three years is also a factor.

Promotion season: Watford away (night)- around a thousand.

Ah, but!

There was a decent atmosphere there, without the drummer. I wish someone had told the twonk that we didn't need him at QPR, we just need a 20-stone loudmout to stand up and get things going!  :D

I got back home at 3.30am for that game  :oops:

Sorry for diverting the thread.

Just got back from three days away(and went to Ajax v Rosenborg last night), and have picked up my tickets from the Ticket Office.

I handed in my application (with Sofia stubs) after the game on Saturday, and the Club rang me yesterday to ask me to come and pick them up. I wouldn't have known about this had I not read the messageboard.

I've just read 20-odd pages of messageboard, and must admit I am very sorry for those who can't go. You always tend to see the same faces at away games and they should of course be given prioirity.

This loyalty, season tickets etc. discussion is going nowhere.

Fact is, the club vastly underestimated demand for this game and as a result, on the day it was pot luck as to whether you were going to get a ticket or not.

If anyone has by-passed the rules then they can be criticised but let's not make those who got their ticket through normal channels and are going to the match feel guilty by conducting a witch hunt.

As always the definition of loyalty can be quite subjective so it is up to the club to make this call.

Spot on, Uddersfelt.  Some of our most loyal fans are arguably the exiles who are unable to get to any games but make all sorts of sacrifices to make sure they see and hear as much as they possibly can.  

Too many people for my liking seem obsessed with the vain attempt to identify themselves as better/more worthy fans than their neighbour.

Spot on chaps.

The club are always going to be on a hiding to nothing in such circumstances. Lean towards one group and annoy another, they can't win.

It's clear by recent trends in our away support that such difficulties will not arise to often in the future, as Tris has mentioned, but certainly the regular away match fan needs to have some sort of distinction if the need arises.

I can't believe some people on this thread who seem to think the club are lying about the allocation offered. The club have stated they were only ever offered 2800 and that was final, why would they lie? It's complete rubbish that they shunned 6000+ because they'd have to foot the bill. The club have come on leaps and bounds in recent times, regarding giving the fans a fare deal, and we have no reason to believe this time was different. Ask Man Utd for 6000 tickets when we visit old trafford this season and see what they say......

I'm lucky enough to have got a ticket for this game but I sense the feeling of some posters is the way I felt in the Championship winning season. The Liverpool game came along and although I’d been away a number of times that season I wasn't able to get a ticket. I felt that years of watching rubbish in the old days was good enough for me to have a ticket but it wasn't and eventually I got over that. The one annoying thing for me is the amount of people who were actually there that day that have never been away again and some hardly ever go to home games these days of the ones i know.

Did I say I’d got over it........

:unhappy:  :unhappy:

I'm lucky enough to have got a ticket for this game but I sense the feeling of some posters is the way I felt in the Championship winning season. The Liverpool game came along and although I’d been away a number of times that season I wasn't able to get a ticket. I felt that years of watching rubbish in the old days was good enough for me to have a ticket but it wasn't and eventually I got over that. The one annoying thing for me is the amount of people who were actually there that day that have never been away again and some hardly ever go to home games these days of the ones i know.

Did I say I’d got over it........

:unhappy:  :unhappy:

Same here GAV and I'm sure there are quite a few others who missed Liverpool also.

I too have got a ticket I think? (still can't get hold of my mate though so think I need to check with the Club)

As I have said many times before on this MB which ever way the club use to sort tickets they are always going to upset some people and that will continue. The season we won the Championship I ended up going in the Everton end as I could not get a ticket even though I had most away stubs from that season.The last away game in Div1 at Gillingham I thought I was going to miss because I missed the QPR game when they gave out the vouchers (which was not very well publicised at all), luckily a lad I know actually had some spare. The annoying thing about this was, when the fixture list came out at the beginning of the Season I earmarked this game thinking that this could be the game for promotion and checked out the allocation for away fans knowing that their was building work going on at the ground, there was the possibility that as Gillingham had just come up they might be in a relegation battle and I knew the away allocation was not that big anyway. As such I also booked accommodation and asked the Club if I could apply (also for Burnley and Preston) or at least put my name down for some tickets - to which I got a big NO. As such when the Gillingham game came about I was a bit miffed when I heard about the voucher situation and was trying to get tickets for the home end, luckily I got sorted with tickets, but only after alot of asking. So all sorts of situations tend to happen but I did get over it in the end.

The situation with regards to the away tickets for Celtic from my point of view is understandable, as I have said on a earlier post, Celtic have massive support and are just trying to accommodate their own fans.

I believe the ROVERS, however, the problem here is the rumour is coming from the Celtic Fans - and why did Celtic bundle this game with the Inv Cally if they thought they would sell all the tickets - are not all Celtic games sold out anyway? As the saying goes 'there is no smoke without fire' so it is understandable why fans are asking.

Anyway I think a lot of people have now accepted the situation with regard to the away tickets, but the club have made a big Faux Pas on the home tickets. As said before and by other people on this board, the club keep coming out that they cannot compete with the 'bigger clubs' unless our home crowds increase and they keep coming out with the schemes to get more people on. This would have been the ideal situation to do this and also possibly give us a slight advantage with the backing of the crowd.

In defence of the club though, as you and Tris and SteB rightly state our crowds of late home and away have not done anything to justify why they have not made the correct decision here. but I think it goes to show how out of step the club are with the fans.

My annoyance on this situation is there are a lot of fans who have not been to a game for years who think they have a right to a ticket. The club have a DB which they have stated on numerous occasions they will use which I think this is what they should have done in this situation - but don't appear to be using.

I know its a case of after the horse has bolted, but as a lot of fans realise, something now needs to be sorted. I have said it before and will say it again - especially to the the posters who are on the Fans Forum - what happens in these meetings? - let it be known because this is where topics of this nature should be sorted.

Excellent post Gav.

What more can I say, apart from tickets go on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders,for the home leg.

Lets see if the home game is a sell out.

3 people in the queue outside the ticket office this morning!

Excellent post Gav.

What more can I say, apart from tickets go on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders,for the home leg.

Less of a stress though - Season ticket holders are guaranteed their seats if they book by next thursday.   People will come down when they have 5 minutes to spare, or just ring the ticket office.

Excellent post Gav.

Less of a stress though - Season ticket holders are guaranteed their seats if they book by next thursday.   People will come down when they have 5 minutes to spare, or just ring the ticket office.

Yeah I know, I just thought the comparison was amusing

The ticket office can deny all they want but iv heard the same story from many sources!!

The reason they offered us so many is that we are givingthem the whole of the Darwen End!!

Any way im not really bothered!!

Away tickets arrived in post this morning and Home tickets were booked this morning!!

AVE IT!

I dont get bloody paid until Thursday  :unhappy:

me too flops :(

will have to wait til monday or tuesday and hope the queue dont last 3 days

Its alright got season ticket so should be alright - got to get my missus ST details so I can get both tickets at once

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.