BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

This time tommorow it'll all be over and we'll know who's going and who's not.

Is it just me or because it's going cold and frosty ouside is it starting to feel like 'real' footy weather.

Too right we'll know!It'll be posted all over the MB. :D

Weather wise its beginning to warm up here and the Ashes series is not far off.   :D

All the best to each and every one of you attempting to get tickets for Parkhead.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading through the early pages of this thread again and wondered if the people who said 3,000 tickets would be enough and that we'd struggle to sell them (Gav,waggy) had changed there opinion after the strength of feeling on this thread and the number of people at Ewood yesterday who were talking about going.

I'll be trying the phone from 9.00 tomorrow but still not confident.

I haven't changed my opinion on the allocation and even if I had its clear Celtic wouldn't have offered us anymore tickets in any event. They are looking after their own fans and rightly so.

I still think with the game being on a Thursday night and live on TV we'd never have sold 6000 and not too many supporters will be disappointed with a 3000 allocation.

As for the home game it was interesting to see the gate yesterday was around 4000 down on capacity and that was in home areas alone. Newcastle has always been one of the biggest premiership games at Ewood yet we still couldn't fill the home sections.

Both decisions are will prove to be correct in my opinion.

As for the home game it was interesting to see the gate yesterday was around 4000 down on capacity and that was in home areas alone. Newcastle has always been one of the biggest premiership games at Ewood yet we still couldn't fill the home sections.

Its these Saturday home games, people just cant get used to them!

Even the Geordies didn't sell their allocation yesterday with quite a few empty seats in the top tier and a few in the bottom. Liverpool also when we played them earlier. Even the big city boys feeling the pinch. :!:

All will be revealed tomorrow  - I think we'll sell out and an allocation of around 4,000 would have been nearer the mark. Bearing in mind we are giving them over 25% of our capacity a bit of bargaining would have been sensible and the fans would have appreciated the effort by the club. Also don't forget almost a third of our tickets at Parkhead have restricted views. :unhappy:

Weather forecast for all the early birds

6am: 12 degrees heavy rain / some snow on high ground blustery wind up to gale force, flood warnings on several rivers.

Hope rovers have done a bit of thinking and will allow fans to wait under the stand (as they did for Cardiff).

Just been reading through the early pages of this thread again and wondered if the people who said 3,000 tickets would be enough and that we'd struggle to sell them (Gav,waggy) had changed there opinion after the strength of feeling on this thread and the number of people at Ewood yesterday who were talking about going.

I haven't changed my opinion on the allocation and even if I had its clear Celtic wouldn't have offered us anymore tickets in any event. They are looking after their own fans and rightly so.

I still think with the game being on a Thursday night and live on TV we'd never have sold 6000 and not too many supporters will be disappointed with a 3000 allocation.

Gav I agree with you, that the allocations of the tickets are and will probably be correct, I am just annoyed that the club haven't done anything to seperate Season ticket holders, and season ticket holders who travel away often.

I will not only be trying to get Celtic tickets tommorow, but also trying to get my hands on some southampton tickets which I am also sure will have the same levels of demand :)

Also don't forget almost a third of our tickets at Parkhead have restricted views. :unhappy:

I have heard that some of the restricted view seats are very restricted ie some sort of pillar/support in front of the seat so you would be sitting with a leg either side! I hope this is wrong and if it's not wrong then I hope it's not my seat!

Gav I agree with you, that the allocations of the tickets are and will probably be correct, I am just annoyed that the club haven't done anything to seperate Season ticket holders, and season ticket holders who travel away often.

I will not only be trying to get Celtic tickets tommorow, but also trying to get my hands on some southampton tickets which I am also sure will have the same levels of demand :)

Great point tucker, as a few more have also made, regarding season ticket holders who usually go away. But where does this sort of grouping stop?

We went to Sofia but hardly go away these days due to personnel circumstances. If we couldn't get a ticket for Celtic I’d have been up in arms as I’m sure the 20+ away games a season fan will be at us getting a ticket for Celtic!

I have always bought my season ticket with the knowledge that I will be able to get tickets for the bigger games before someone who does not have a season ticket. In this day and age it may not be the best solution but it's worked for many a year now but I can sympathise.

This site great that it is only serves a very small number of Rovers supporters and if ticket restrictions had been different you'd have upset another group who didn't qualify.

You can't please all the people all the time.

I do hope you're right GAV but I suspect there will be a real queue tomorrow and every chance the switch board will be jammed.

:rover: i have heard they are opening the concourse at 11.30 tonight,i'm still confident of getting tickets for the game even though wednesday is the 1st day i can try and purchase them.good luck to-morrow folks,and here's a little thought.i remenber going for ticket's at 11.45am for a game at old trafford,one sunday morning-walked right to the window,and purchased my ticket-"any left" i asked,"yes about 800"the girl said,"what time did the queue start"-midnight" she replied.

as i recall we did not sell out.

The comment I heard going into the ground from a couple of people yesterday was that Rovers have **** on the fans with the allocation for the away leg.

I still think this will be a PR disaster for the Club and would be surprised if there are any tickets left by lunchtime tomorrow.

Waggy, we sold out OT quite quickly for last season's game as I recall.

In days gone by, discussions about levels of interest in attending an away fixture were rendered unnecessary by the awayfan song - Oh if you're Glasgow clap your hands etc. Thought the Blackburn End might've obliged yesterday cos it used to be sung in two modes, anticipatory and smug...darn it's passed half eight, best get some kip for the early start (PS Blair Witch ain't worth taping!)

The B'burn end concourse IS opening from 11:30 tonight. Although I went to Sophia I still have to que for some family tickets. Three of us aiming to be there from midnight. I'll be the one on the pink deckchair (it's the wife's honest!) if anybody want to come for a chat.

Reading Ewood Spark's post is making me feel guilty for not driving to Ewood from London and joining in the queue.  I'm relying on BT to get me through to the TO in the morning.

But I still feel the point has to be made again, especially in reply to Rev's point here

(quote)

The comment I heard going into the ground from a couple of people yesterday was that Rovers have **** on the fans with the allocation for the away leg.

I still think this will be a PR disaster for the Club and would be surprised if there are any tickets left by lunchtime tomorrow.

(unquote)

How can it be a PR disaster when there's no way Celtic would release any more tickets for their leg ?  I'll tell you what would be a PR disaster - giving them 1,500 for Ewood and getting loads of empty seats on the night and 000's of mad Scotsmen locked out.  (Which will prob happen anyway but at least Rovers have done the best they can).

I'll repeat the comparison (hopefully for the last time) ... had the draw been Paris St Germain, if we'd have got 2,800 seats no-one would have whimpered.  Because Celtic's accessible, because it's easy, people want tickets to see Rovers in Europe away.  Why should the ticket rules be changed just because it's the closest club we could have drawn ?

Reading Ewood Spark's post is making me feel guilty for not driving to Ewood from London and joining in the queue.  I'm relying on BT to get me through to the TO in the morning.

But I still feel the point has to be made again, especially in reply to Rev's point here

(quote)

(unquote)

How can it be a PR disaster when there's no way Celtic would release any more tickets for their leg ?  I'll tell you what would be a PR disaster - giving them 1,500 for Ewood and getting loads of empty seats on the night and 000's of mad Scotsmen locked out.  (Which will prob happen anyway but at least Rovers have done the best they can).

I'll repeat the comparison (hopefully for the last time) ... had the draw been Paris St Germain, if we'd have got 2,800 seats no-one would have whimpered.  Because Celtic's accessible, because it's easy, people want tickets to see Rovers in Europe away.  Why should the ticket rules be changed just because it's the closest club we could have drawn ?

Because in comparative terms no-one is interested in watching us play PSG whereas the world and his dog wants to watch us play Celtic.

It's like drawing a comparison between playing Wimbledon and ManUre. Only this game has far more appeal because whilst we should enjoy several European campaigns with the current squad we may never draw Celtic again in Europe whereas we play ManUre twice a season.

You've heard of the compulsive gambler who would bet on the proverbial two flies crawling up the wall. For many on this board watching Rovers play anywhere is just as addictive but for the greater majority it just isn't like that.

Most of the intelligence emanating from Glasgow is to the effect that we could have had 6,000 tickets but that Rovers didn't take it up because they didn't want to pay for any unsold allocation.

I can only repeat what I heard which was that the people I overheard going into the ground were of the firm view that the latter was the case which was why presumably they were miffed off.

Even if we were offered only the minimum allocation the way the Club have sorted allocation criteria means many regular away travellers will miss out in favour of season ticket holders who haven't been away for years who just fancy this one.

Which is why I think the Club will get a lot of flak over the away leg.

The home leg arrangements I take no major issue with but still think it would have been better to at least TRY to sell more of the ground out to Blackburn folk.

Because in comparative terms no-one is interested in watching us play PSG whereas the world and his dog wants to watch us play Celtic.

For many on this board watching Rovers play anywhere is just as addictive but for the greater majority it just isn't like that.

Most of the intelligence emanating from Glasgow is to the effect that we could have had 6,000 tickets but that Rovers didn't take it up because they didn't want to pay for any unsold allocation

1)  Which is half the problem Rev, and we're attacking it from different ends - if no-one is interested in watching us play psg why should those same dis-interested folk expect to get Celtic tickets ?  Yeah it's a plum fixture, but Southampton are probably a better football team so why will only 1,000 of us be at St Mary's ???

2) The greater majority can learn to watch the rubbish games in order to watch the big games.  As Ewood Spark has pointed out, Rovers are almost unique in having supply greater than demand at Ewood. The only others in the Prem are cyclical - Sunderland and Villa at the mo -  and who'd swap ???

3)  Please let us know where your "intelligence" came from.  I know you have great contacts, but Lee's now an insider and to my knowledge has never given dodgy gen, either before or after his defection.  I have another direct contact on the Rovers board, and the consistent story is that Celtic just wouldn't budge.  That (the "direct contact" line) sounds sh*t and I've never mentioned it on here before, but the club is taking really undeserved criticism over this.  They did their best for the fans, they're maximising revenue for the home leg and trying to protect home fans but are still getting slated for it - which is well out of order.

Hi Tris, just chewing the fat until I go to queue for celtic tickets at 4 am.

We've covered point 1) umpteen times before but if you took it to it's logical conclusion we'd still have the same 6 or 7,000 fans who watched us in the 70's.

It's human nature, a lot of people will naturally want to see the bigger games. I see no reason to exclude them for that.

We have 16,000 season ticket holders and they're hardly "part timers" are they?

The "intelligence" is simply the comment emanating from the Scottish press and numerous Celtic Fans who posted on the official message board. Not exactly gospel but the Rovers fans I overheard going into the ground believed that was the case and if that is the perceived wisdom generally the Club will inevitably receive flak.  

Personally I feel it is stretching the bounds of credulity to maintain we couldn't negotiate twice our minimum allocation for Parkhead in exchange for giving them five times the minimum allocation for Ewood.

If we don't sell out the away leg and/or the vast majority are happy I'll be the first hold my hands up and say the Club got it right.

Well, I didn't think I'd actually  get up when the alarm went off at 4am !

In about 1 hour and 20 I should be joining Ewood Spark and his pink deck chair. I'll be wearing a black hat with the word "Hacker" on it if anyone wants to come and say Hi.

I also heard the rummour from several sources, normally very reliable and informed, that JW turned down several thousand more tickets than we have got as long as the club paid up front in case we didn't sell and the club said no thanks just give us the 3000 because that's all we will take to an away game.

Lots of very miffed people at Ewood on Saturday, that is before the entertainment got underway!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.