BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

First of all, Mr 6, you seem upset by the FA cup result. How did Sturrock do in this same tourney this year?

As for Shearer, rumor has it he is going to retire and become Robson's assistant and take over when Bobby retires.

We have never sounded like hardcore away fans at Ewood for a long time.

Souness shouldn`t go. How many times do we need telling.

His record speaks for itself since he`s been at the club.

He can`t do anything when they cross that white line he`s prepared them and it`s up to the players to be full blooded in everything they do on the park.

:brfc:

First of all, Mr 6, you seem upset by the FA cup result. How did Sturrock do in this same tourney this year?

As for Shearer, rumor has it he is going to retire and become Robson's assistant and take over when Bobby retires.

Now this is a big ALLEGED rumour and i have no OFFICIAL source to back it up with so you'll just have to take my word for it and see what happens. It does make for interesting reading and speculation though.

Shearer has recently completed his FIFA coaching badge, or has very little left to do in order to be fully qualified, therefore giving him the attributes and necessary qualifications needed to become an official 'coach' of NUFC (or whichever team he so desires).

It is without much doubt that Shearer will now go on to become a manager over the next few years, whether it be Newcastle or not, however, what isn't certain is whether he will be taking over from Bobby Robson as has so far been predicted.

Now for the 'alleged bit' -

Shearer will work under the wing of STEVE BRUCE.

Bobby Robson will step down either at the end of the season or possibly the end of 2004/2005 season, but more than likely will be this summer when Bruce comes in.

Shearer will then work with Steve Bruce to get some vital experience before taking over the job of Manager himself at some stage.

What will happen to Steve Bruce at this stage, I really wouldn't know. I very much doubt he will be brought in under the impression that he will have (for instance) 3 years to groom Shearer and then have to find somewhere else. I can't imagine any manager taking a job with such insecurity, so I would think that the NUFC board are keeping the Shearer card close to their chest and sack Bruce whenever they feel Shearer is ready for the job.

Again, i'm sorry, but have absolutely nothing, either official or written speculation to substantiate the rumour but I can tell you where it has come from - A bit of a 'next door neighbours, dog walkers cousin' some might think but here goes.

A friend of mine happens to be quite good friends of one of the NUFC reserve/youth team players and this is a hot rumour up in the 'toon' at the moment.

Souness must stay. If he goes then the club goes down.

Who would replace him? Hoddle, Reid ??? Souness leaves = relegation

Agree 100%

Future manager i would like to see though would be paul hart! (did wonders with forrest last season, not had good start to this though)

Agree 100%

Future manager i would like to see though would be paul hart! (did wonders with forrest last season, not had good start to this though)

so Paul Hart has done more or less exactely the same as souness then! right? except that Souey has taken us from division 1, and done what Hart has done in the Premiership.

Why would you want Hart in instead of souness if thats the case? ???

Agree 100%

so Paul Hart has done more or less exactely the same as souness then! right? except that Souey has taken us from division 1, and done what Hart has done in the Premiership.

Why would you want Hart in instead of souness if thats the case? ???

Well modey actually aid he _agreed_ that he wanted Souey to stay and that he saw Hart as a manager for the future, and I think by future he refers to the future as in the day GS is no longer our manager.

Souness' man management summed up in true keith Gillespie style by a Swede.

"It is frustrating (at Blackburn).

"I have not got any explanation from the coach (Graeme Souness). It is obvious that you wonder what will happen."

Mr NEJ

It doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence that the boss doesn't speak to fringe squad members.

I may be a Souness detractor but you can't say my complaints aren't without support.

I'm always doubtful of articles that include so many short broken up quotes...you never know exactly how they came about and their context. Certainly if the "Souness Out Brigade" is using NEJ quotes as part of their justification then you all are really getting desperate.

If Souey doesn't get us sorted and does go, I wouldn't mind John Toshack as a replacement.  He's got a good reputation in Europe after managing Real Madrid amongst other good teams, but the thing that I like about him is that he talks a lot of sense and seems to have a very realistic view of the game (Hoddle take note).

If it came down to finding someone to save us from relegation, I'd rather have an experienced coach like him rather than an un-tried Paul Hart or someone similar.

Souness' man management summed up in true keith Gillespie style by a Swede.

"It is frustrating (at Blackburn).

"I have not got any explanation from the coach (Graeme Souness). It is obvious that you wonder what will happen."

Mr NEJ

It doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence that the boss doesn't speak to fringe squad members.

I may be a Souness detractor but you can't say my complaints aren't without support.

What the heck are you talking about. :(

If Souness goes I would like to see the managers job not go to Toshack or Venables or Sturrock or even a Hart as he seems to be the flavour of the month but to somebody who has a true love of the club and is respected by players.

Henning Berg, Mark Hughes would be good to continue because when all said and done all the other managers in the league are just on a money merrygo round apart from O'Neill, Ferguson and Wenger who will never come to Ewood.

If Souness goes I would like to see the managers job not go to Toshack or Venables or Sturrock or even a Hart as he seems to be the flavour of the month but to somebody who has a true love of the club and is respected by players.

Henning Berg, Mark Hughes would be good to continue because when all said and done all the other managers in the league are just on a money merrygo round apart from O'Neill, Ferguson and Wenger who will never come to Ewood.

Having emotional ties to a club does absolutely nothing to improve how well a manager does at a club, it may make the fans like him more but that's it.  There are countless examples of clubs who get these 'popular' old boys back to rescue a club, precious little of them work.

Toshack what a dick, has anyone heard him lately, he predicted at the start of the season Beckham would fail in Spain, and now Beckham has been brilliant he won't admit he's wrong, "oh i saw a game they lost and Beckham was playing", Madrid are top of the league idiot, Beckham is one of top 5 players with asssists.

And then he goes on to say "i wouldn't have sign Beckham if i was incharge", that because no manger signs the players at Madrid, no wonder he got sacked from Madrid.

Toshack what a dick, has anyone heard him lately, he predicted at the start of the season Beckham would fail in Spain, and now Beckham has been brilliant he won't admit he's wrong, "oh i saw a game they lost and Beckham was playing", Madrid are top of the league idiot, Beckham is one of top 5 players with asssists.

And then he goes on to say "i wouldn't have sign Beckham if i was incharge", that because no manger signs the players at Madrid, no wonder he got sacked from Madrid.

???

He was wrong about Beckham...so he must be a dick?  By that theory, Souey must be a giant walking penis for signing Grabbi.

???

He was wrong about Beckham...so he must be a dick?  By that theory, Souey must be a giant walking penis for signing Grabbi.

no, you don't understand, he still says Beckham is not playing well even now, he won't admit he's wrong has nothing to do with Grabbi situation , he was on TV and some were saying Beckham been one of best players in Spain, and then Toshack starts going on about one single game that Madrid lost and blamed it on Beckham, i saw the game and Zidane, Raul did nothing in that game, yet Toshack is consistantly saying Beckham is not doing well, he must be the only person watching Spainish football

completely different theory

I wasn`t sure before where about`s Beckham would fit in the Real side but he has proven me wrong. Some of his performances have been very good from what I`ve seen and has scored a fair share of goals. The best game I saw him play was against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

As for Toshack I think he was referring to the fact that he didn`t think Beckham was worth £30m for a footballing side to Real, altough the marketing sife is big both for the player and club.

:brfc:

You may be right but I have a feeling that a Berg or Hughes or even a Craig Short would make a good Rovers manager.

I love Colin Hendry etc but I cant see him as manager material.

Would your "feeling" keep us out of the First Division.  Non of the names you have put forward have any experience with the exception of Hughes.  Mark Hughes did well with an entire Nation of Footballers to choose from but eventually even he failed to acheive the goal with his team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.