BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Big fat Sam has a team that fights and battles all the time and never gives up. We have a bunch of shrinking violets who wilt under the slightest bit of pressure.

Totally correct.  Bolton have players that want to play and fight for their club.  They might not all be the greatest players in the world, but they know how to battle and they work very well together as a team.

In my opinion, there is no wisdom in sacking Souness. A contracted employee does not suddenly lose their rights to the contracted salary. We already, apparently, have very little for transfers, should we blow it all on sacking the manager?

I'm just listening to a Leeds supporter and more poignantly, Man. City supporters despairing about their team, and the latter about City throwing away their lead, in a game they needed to win after a bad run.

It's happening all over. Let's say we are going down, lets wait for it to happen, and then sign a manager for Division 1, who will put up with the shedding of playing staff and the downsizing for life out of the premiership (which would be permanent in my view). If we are rash with the clubs money, we'll not even be able to sustain a division one outfit.

go down ?

if we do then thats the end of the current BRRFC as we know it.

we would be another sheffield wednesday, down down and down never to return.

:brfc:

In my opinion, if we go down with Souness, we were going to go down anyway. Don't get me wrong, he would be at fault, but sacking as a punishment now is wreckless. It would cost us any transfer money we have, the new manager would have to do with entirely the same playing staff as Souness. In my opinion, sacking Souness is not going to stave of relegation should it remain a possibility.

If we sack Souness now, let's scan the list of available managers, and select the manager with the best credentials, the most success, that we could attract to the club, and who do we have? Graeme Souness.

And also, I said the same. If we go down, it will be permanent.

Look at the financial backing Souness has recieved since tacking over the reins at Ewood,we are talking a figure surely approaching 30 MILLION and possibly more.

Ok. What are you trying to say? He's squandered it? Fair enough.

You haven't said, so I'll ask, do you want him sacked? Wouldn't that, coupled by this statement indicate that sacking him would be punishing him for squandering the cash?

I charge that, sacking as a punishment, with no better alternative, at this stage would be suicidal for the club. I don't want to see him sacked at all, but I can understand if people will maintain he be sacked, even if we stay up. Fair enough, but calls for sacking him now are pointless. It would cost too much, and the next manager has to motivate the same bunch of players.

Souness proved in the previous three seasons that he understands these players enough. He's still, despite the results, in the best position to know what motivates them, and extract the best performance. If they are not good enough, that's his fault, because he purchased them, but let's not hand over to another manager to extract an even worse performance.

The fans and the board have given Souness long enough to turn things around.

How many other clubs would have had the patience of Rovers, giving a man who spent £15 million in the summer until January to get out of the relegation mire.

Spurs ditched Hoddle and we've hung around without improvement.

We cannot afford to sack him, so please Mr Souness do the honourable thing and resign. Unless of course he holds up his hands and admits his failings by bringing in an experienced pair of hands to help him out. George Graham, Jimmy Armfield - i don't know who, but someone with real football knowledge to sort out our sliding club.

I would not sack him Shaddy because their is nobody better available at present BUT.......

How is a manager like Sam Allerdyce (who has not had anywhere near the financial backing Souness has recieved and spent) able to seemingly motivate a team full of nothing more than foreign mercenaries yet our Greame still does not appear to know who his best side is yet with half a season gone, let alone motivate HIS team who are underperforming.

The rest of the season will be a test of just how good a manager Souness REALLY is and make no mistake...the good times are over.

Souness has spent stupid money on building a team based around his old chums.

I think the Liverpool fans could have warned us this would happen long ago.

Exactly. He has now stripped the team of its best players and brought in RUBBISH. The worse scenario is that he is asking for a contract extension and we are seriously thinking about giving him one. More money to be wasted then.

My problem with him at the moment is that it appears as though he assumes that there is going to be a constant stream of money available to him, what other reason could there be for buying so many players approaching the end of their careers?

Let's face it, the only players we've made good money on since he arrived have been Dunn and Duff, and he wasn't responsible for bringing them here.  It says something that the the best hope we have of selling someone of value is Tiny.

This is now getting tedious - It's the same old empty vessels ringing out their tried & trusted mantra of Souness Out - Nice one guys, you don't like Souness - to be honest would you like anyone inb charge when in our position - No! so give it a rest as things are a lot more complex than just "Souness is a rubbish manager".

As has already been said, the same old bullshit and its taken up 60 odd pages.

Sack the manger and pay him the compensation he would command. Then bring someone else in to operate with the current crop of players??????

Yes doesn't make sense to intelligent people does it  :sarc:

I don't like to say it as a souness fan but I think defeat next week to Man City could spell the end of his reign at Rovers. I think that he may walk if we lose, and his decision may be aided by rovers not releasing any funds. It would be a sad decision, but I cannot see him accepting these second rate performances, plus he has no money to turn things around. In an ideal world the defeat yesterday will make the rovers board release funds for souness to add to the squad. But if the pott is empty, what can you do? One things for sure and that's the performances that we are being treated to are nothing short of shambles. And the board complain about attendances? Comon williams and co, we must spend a couple million now-it's better than losing 20 million if we fall from grace come may.

I've stood by Souey all the time, and I still do, but what frustrates me is his comments after the bad results. Every time he blames "lady luck" or the officials, or "it just wasn't our day", etc. Even when he finally criticizes the team he's still too lenient. We are in a relegation battle, it's time to get tough on the players. (though he probably does in the dressing room, it's not enough)

But I wouldn't sack Souness, not untill the end of the season. And then his job would depend on which division we'll be playing in next season. But I'm still very confident we'll stay up.

I told you all back in August before a ball was kicked that we were in for a long hard winter.We sold the crown jewels and now we are going down.30 years i have been a season ticket holder and i have seen some crap, but yesterday was the worst.The manager is to blame he has put together a very poor squad of players at great cost.I like the other 5000 missing fans this season have seen enough.That was my last game at Ewood for this season.

I told you all back in August before a ball was kicked that we were in for a long hard winter.We sold the crown jewels and now we are going down.30 years i have been a season ticket holder and i have seen some crap, but yesterday was the worst.The manager is to blame he has put together a very poor squad of players at great cost.I like the other 5000 missing fans this season have seen enough.That was my last game at Ewood for this season.

You've been a season ticket holder for 30 years and the Bolton match was the worst you've ever seen at Ewood? Either you are a liar or just senile...it ain't the worst in the last month!

Seriously doubt it would be the last game for a season ticket holder...presume you've had a few and are talking in anger.

If you aren't Rovers when the going gets tough then you've never been a Blue and White. Nobody is happy at the moment but you take the good with the bad- either that or you cry like a baby when things don't go as you wish. Keep the faith!

sOUEY must guide the team to safety. only after that can we start to consider whether he is the way into the future for us. Is incredible how fast people forget all the good he has done for the club.

If we sack him now that will surely mean the end of prem footy for us, I can not see who is going to motivate the likes of Yorke and Cole if not him. Yes he does have some dodgy transfer dealings and yes, he has some dodgy team selections but still he has done a great deal of good and I would honestly say that if he can't coach a squad of players he himself has assembled then it is no more than a case of personality misjudgement. Who would think that any player on that sort of salary who not do his utmost to repay the faith that has been put in him? Such is the way the modern game has evolved I'm afraid. Everyone is now a mercenary. "In it for the money" if you like. The idealism is gone.

A good manager nowadays is one who can install a feeling of commitment in his squad. Its a tough job indeed.

We have to back him and in return the board MUST back him otherwise start saving for a trip to Brighton next season guys.

The board needs to give him money and money now.

I agree  that it's past the time that GS should show us what he's (managerially) capable of, or ship out.

I have been one of his supporters up to now, but, I have to admit, my doubts are getting stronger that he's just not getting anything out of the squad anymore.

Lost the plot, or what, the Rovers are struggling. Who do we put in there?

Me, I'd bring "Sparky" back, shaft Saunders, and tell the rest to pull their fingers out... or else

The biggest problem I have with replacing GS is the timing. It give his replacement no time at all to do the remedial work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.