BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stolen by the Ref

it should have been a goal, if you actually WATCH the incident you will see that the keeper is out of sorts and puts HIS arms around terry

i suspect a few of these opinions are based on photographs which look like terry has his arms around the keeper

it wasnt just that decision, he was awful the entire match---a complete disgrace

hope he gets everything he deserves, he bottled it

anyways glad portugal got beat, knocks them back down to earth, i mean they've only had one good game the entire tournement (against england, which i believe was more are fault for being @#/? that day) greece however have beaten fance and the c.republic, as well as portugal twice

ps. was anyone else laughing when they saw ronaldo crying, i may sound bitter, but so be it

mad.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it should have been a goal, if you actually WATCH the incident you will see that the keeper is out of sorts and puts HIS arms around terry

i suspect a few of these opinions are based on photographs which look like terry has his arms around the keeper

it wasnt just that decision, he was awful the entire match---a complete disgrace

anyways glad portugal got beat, knocks them back down to earth, i mean they've only had one good game the entire tournement (against england, which i believe was more are fault for being @#/? that day) greece however have beaten fance and the c.republic, as well as portugal twice

ps. was anyone else laughing when they saw ronaldo crying, i may sound bitter, but so be it

Oh my word, I thought that was the end of this thread, but up it pops again to the top of the pile.

I think I'll agree to differ on the whole "it was a foul" issue. I'll just say that I've seen it many times on T.V and numerous photos, and I'll stand by my opinion that it was a foul.

As for hoping the ref gets everything deserves; I can't let that one go, I'm afraid. Even if he did have a stinker of a match according to a few people, does he really deserve to have to go in to hiding for making a few controversial decisions while refereeing a football match?? A FOOTBALL MATCH. Christ, take a step back and put the whole thing in to perspective. Please. Youandwhosearmy - I suppose you've never had a bad day at work, have you? Tell you what, next time you do (I assume you're old enough to have a job), I'll get 15,000 folk to personally write to you telling you how crap you were, and I'll chuck in a few death threats as well against you and your family. I suppose I'll then go and splash your private life across the tabloids, inviting even more derision against you because you left your wife for another woman a few years back. Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with the errors you made at work, but it is England, so it's alright. mad.gif

Please, get a grip.

ps. was anyone else laughing when they saw ronaldo crying,

Me! Loved it! laugh.giflaugh.gif

The portugese ponce has obviously been pumping iron recently cos (like most body builders the motivation is vanity) he has been whipping his shirt off at every opportunity to show how manly he is. Then he cries like a baby cos they got beaten.

Andy Townsend shares my view about how to nullify his skills "dont ever watch him...... just watch the ball" It does work.

ps. was anyone else laughing when they saw ronaldo crying,

Me! Loved it! laugh.giflaugh.gif

The portugese ponce has obviously been pumping iron recently cos (like most body builders the motivation is vanity) he has been whipping his shirt off at every opportunity to show how manly he is. Then he cries like a baby cos they got beaten.

Andy Townsend shares my view about how to nullify his skills "dont ever watch him...... just watch the ball" It does work.

I disagree totally over Ronaldo. I felt he came out of this tournament with a lot of respectability. Take to one side that he plays for the scum, the guy played with real skill and determination. He was one of the tournaments best players.

The commentators kept banging on about Portugal's golden generation missing their chance. But in Ronaldo and many of his younger team-mates, I definitely feel they've got a side of the future.

And I have to say, my opinion on the Campbell goal has changed about a million times over the rest of the tournament. But after viewing the Portugese keepers attempt at stopping the Greek goal, I feel there is a similarity there that should be noted.

Basically, that keeper places himself in terrible positions, and then tries to make up for it by diving as if fouled. And I now feel that the same thing happened with the Campbell goal. His movement felt the same.

If you look at the Greek goal, he is out of position, steps out into the back of a group of challengers, then dives whilst backtracking, knowing he has no real chance of making the saves.

Did anyone else notice the similarity there?

I disagree totally over Ronaldo. I felt he came out of this tournament with a lot of respectability. Take to one side that he plays for the scum, the guy played with real skill and determination. He was one of the tournaments best players.

I have no sympathy for him what so ever.

Yes, he did play well and he did come out as a much better played come the end of the tournament, a lot better than I expected.

He does have a good future ahead of him both at club level and international level.

However he plays for United and they all have that same level of arrogance and think that there bigger and better than anyone else. Such as Ruud arguing with the official that has lead him to be banned from Holland’s first two WC Qualifiers. The goal was offside in Ruud`s case, he argued, moaned like a little kid and didn’t get what he wanted. Do I feel sorry for him and Ronaldo? Not at all.

Oh my word, I thought that was the end of this thread, but up it pops again to the top of the pile.

I think I'll agree to differ on the whole "it was a foul" issue. I'll just say that I've seen it many times on T.V and numerous photos, and I'll stand by my opinion that it was a foul.

As for hoping the ref gets everything deserves; I can't let that one go, I'm afraid. Even if he did have a stinker of a match according to a few people, does he really deserve to have to go in to hiding for making a few controversial decisions while refereeing a football match?? A FOOTBALL MATCH. Christ, take a step back and put the whole thing in to perspective. Please. Youandwhosearmy - I suppose you've never had a bad day at work, have you? Tell you what, next time you do (I assume you're old enough to have a job), I'll get 15,000 folk to personally write to you telling you how crap you were, and I'll chuck in a few death threats as well against you and your family. I suppose I'll then go and splash your private life across the tabloids, inviting even more derision against you because you left your wife for another woman a few years back. Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with the errors you made at work, but it is England, so it's alright. mad.gif

Please, get a grip.

footballs life....more serious things have happened as a result of a bad decision

anyways do i care what happens to him, no

i think the english mentality to football is different to other countries, the sheer passion involved with england far surpasses other countrys, and if our emotions get carried away.....there you go!

i think the english mentality to football is different to other countries, the sheer passion involved with england far surpasses other countrys, and if our emotions get carried away.....there you go!

I agree with you that the English mentality towards football - especially when you lose - is different to that of other countries. But as for your passion "far surpassing" other countries' - what a load of cack. Compared to some countries', it could be described as pretty lame.

Oh, pass the sick bag...

Jesus Christ withstupid.gif

laugh.gif He wanted his mummy.

I laughed at the big girl's blouse as well. He's rapidly becoming a disliked player with me because he seems to give sly kicks and fouls, and yet goes down like a screaming brat whenever he gets touched. He may become the next generations Dennis Bergkamp.

And I have to say, my opinion on the Campbell goal has changed about a million times over the rest of the tournament. But after viewing the Portugese keepers attempt at stopping the Greek goal, I feel there is a similarity there that should be noted.

Basically, that keeper places himself in terrible positions, and then tries to make up for it by diving as if fouled. And I now feel that the same thing happened with the Campbell goal. His movement felt the same.

If you look at the Greek goal, he is out of position, steps out into the back of a group of challengers, then dives whilst backtracking, knowing he has no real chance of making the saves.

Did anyone else notice the similarity there?

Spot on, it was the first thing I noticed other than the bal going in the net. The keeper clattered into the Greek player. I think the main difference was the header for the goal clearly had the defence and the keeper beaten from a cross rather than the ball coming back off the bar. Very interesting similar situations though and does add weight to the English argument that the keeper initiated contact and the flopped as if he'd been nailed. Oh well.

I didn't think the situation was all that similar. The greek player in this instance was moving away from the keeper, with no hands raised making contact with the keeper. I think that he simply misjudged the ball this time (Or didn't see Charisteas (sp?)), and realised it too late.

Oh, pass the sick bag...

oh and where pray, are you from?

Oh, pass the sick bag...

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dont shatter their illusions Mr Radagast ph34r.gif

footballs life....more serious things have happened as a result of a bad decision

anyways do i care what happens to him, no

I have to say having been in Athens on Sunday night that is the biggest load of tripe I have ever heard. As soon as the final whistle went people just flooded onto the streets, it was an incredible scene. I have never seen so many flags in one place, it was as though they just appeared from nowhere, incredible.

The police even got in on the act, cars were being rocked from side to side, music started blasting from every shop that was still open (although after 10 renditions of the final countdown I nearly killed myself), and people were hugging strangers. And as soon as people knew we were English (with the exception of a Spaniard) they just wanted to shake our hands and talk to us about Bolton and Sheffield United (yes, unfortunate I know) I nearly expected Burnley to get a mention :-).

So to say that we are the most passionate fans in the world just isn't true. You just had to see what it meant to the Greeks to know that.

What a time to be Greek.

dont be daft, if england had won it would have become a national holiday

they would have had to close the streets of london

all the players would have been knighted

just look what the papers did with rooney, we are just looking for something to celebrate, i mean a 24 page special on Rooney hahaha

......I try but I can't. biggrin.gif

youandwhosearmy, I'm one of those dreadful porridge wogs.

mmmmmlets see england in championships ,scotland ?lets see oh aye i remember they was watching with the faroe islands,wales and all ireland:P

never mind theres always the 2199 w cup.

Oh, pass the sick bag...

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dont shatter their illusions Mr Radagast ph34r.gif

dont be daft, if england had won it would have become a national holiday

they would have had to close the streets of london

all the players would have been knighted

just look what the papers did with rooney, we are just looking for something to celebrate, i mean a 24 page special on Rooney hahaha

You're completely missing the point of your ridiculous original statement, youandwhosearmy. You were making the point that the reason the ref got so much abuse was because the England fans' passion "far surpasses" the fans of other countries. Aggghgh, it's so ridiculous I can't be arsed typing any more...

And for ABBEY to drag in the whole, "Scotland, Ireland, Wales: we're better than you" argument is going to open a whole can of worms. It's just not worth it.

actually i think your missing my point, that last comment was a reply to the person who though greece fans were better than the english because of the scenes when they celebrated, im merely saying that it would been bigger had england won

please give me examples of countries which have better fans i would love to know

........Turkey ......Italy

Theres many countries who could be considered, or consider themselves, to be the most passionate.

You can't honestly say that England has the most passionate fans when you see scenes at places like the Ali Semi Yen where lambs are brought to the stadium and sacrificed, and other such macabre shows of suggestive threats or dominance.

1 point I think you may have, which might be what you're trying to suggest in a round-a-bout way, is that England has the most passionate fans for purely footballing reasons.

Nations such as the 2 suggested above don't always have the interest of football as their primary driving factor.

Turkey's problems come mainly from religious beliefs, whereas Italy's history is entrenched by politics and there passion / rivalry comes from when another country or club agree or disagree with right wing or fascist regimes of their own.

You certainly can't categorically state that England has the most passionate fans, when factors like that are witnessed throughout the world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.