BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matteo Signs

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great chants, though realistically the best we can hope for from the Blackburn End is..

Get into Dom

Get into Dom

Brilliant!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The chants will only really improve when we get rid of the drummer...

..don't get me started on him!!!! mad.gif

Sorry I've got to say - This topic is really annoying me ever since someone mentioned a chant for Matteo.

Every time I log into the site now I see Matteo SINGS mad.gif

When he makes his debut at Ewood I'm now half expecting him to stand in the centre circle and start off the community singing. Then at half time nick the mike off Beamo to sing "I did it my way" sad.gif

Sorry I've got to say - This topic is really annoying me ever since someone mentioned a chant for Matteo.

Every time I log into the site now I see Matteo SINGS mad.gif

When he makes his debut at Ewood I'm now half expecting him to stand in the centre circle and start off the community singing. Then at half time nick the mike off Beamo to sing "I did it my way" sad.gif

Team karaoke at half time? Now there would be genuine entertainment, who needs Rovers Return.......

one of the main points to him bringing a good signing is that he can play all along the back four and in midfield, he is also left footed and all this for free, come on folks, we may well like big star signing, but for the money thay that have spent is well done all round.

And i think that he will give the back four greater deep and sterngth cool.gif

• 1 year later...

Reading this it would appear that we may not have Dominic Matteo to kick around next year.For all of the help he has provided I would not be that sorry to see him go.He has only appeared for us 7 times this year and none since the FA cup win back in January.I realise he provides cover for a number of positions on the backline but I suspect his wages are not the cheapest on the squad.cover could be found next year in the form of Taylor,Kane(?) or other youngsters.It will be intersting to watch as Sparky continues to remold and shape our squad next year as we play in Europe!

Florida Rover

I'm a little surprised that Everton, a club harbouring Euopean ambitions would be after Matteo. He did ok for us, but was never more than a squad player. Maybe Moyes has the same in mind. He is fairly solid at the back, but not of premiership standard IMO and certainly poses no attacking threat whatsoever from the full back position.

Edited by tcj_jones

People who know me knows my feelings on Dom Matteo, he's certainly not my favourite Rover. However, experienced players is helpful, so I don't hope we put all our hopes on youngsters for next season - selling Matteo, Amoruso, Gresko and Dickov isn't a big loss for the XI - but it does mean that e.g Taylor, McEveley, Gallagher, Derbyshire will have to step up if our first teamers injure themselves.

Just a thought, it's not like I'm starting a partition for Matteo to stay, or Amoruso or Vratti for that matter.

i was a well big fan of gresko when he first signed on loan, i thought he was our best player at some matches.

since he signed permanently, he really hasn't featured under hughes, i know injuries have hampered him in the past but i thought he may at least get one shot to prove himself again.

he still makes the slovakia squad too, i dunno if he is still the captain though.

matteo and amo can go, we have no use for them anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.