BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahey, another pi55ed up post from Tris. This is fun. Can we all answer the questions?

Please quantify "the 'disasters' of last season"

I'd say that our season-long relegation struggle was fairly disasterous after the season we'd had before. And I'm certain that many of the home "performances" were total disasters, as well as a good few away ones. Games like Liverpool away, Brum away in the cup, both UEFA Cup games, Leeds home & away, Pompey home, Villa home, Charlton home all stand out as disasters to me.

Where's your evidence that Souness has "changed very little"

He fell out with lots of Liverpool players when he was manager there. He said in his autobiography he'd learnt from that yet it's happening all over again here.

Why do you think Lopez is / might be / would be .. better than Yorke ?

I admit to knowing very little about Lopez but he wouldn't have to be that good to make more of an impact than Yorke has at Ewood.

Why don't you offer to pay Lopez's wages ? Or suggest some sensible schemes whereby our club could raise that money ?

I would say that off-loading Cole, Yorke, Todd & perhaps Flitcroft (if the rumours are true) would more than pay for Lopez's (or anyone elses) wages.

Which managers in the Premier League DO YOU RATE ????

Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Curbishley, Allardyce. If Villa have another good season I'd add O'Leary to the list.

Please make a list of all the money Souness has wasted HERE -->

I actually think that Souness's record in the transfer market has been pretty good, but the signings of Grabbi, and to a lesser extent Yorke, have been a criminal waste of money.

Just for balance, list his sales (including Blake and Egil) HERE -->

Well, I really can't be bothered to list all the sales here. What I do think though is that both this summer and last summer we sold, in my opinion, our best player - and the club will only ever go backwards if we keep doing that.

And as a tie break (I've sent this to Souey as well - we're judging your reply against his in Blues after the West Brom game) - only fair ...

what have you won in football ....................................

(2) .....................................

I once won a medal for being top scorer in a 5-a side competition when I was about 15. Does that count?

I'm not sure what point you're making here though. Are we not allowed to criticise Souness because we haven't won as much in football as him? In that case you might as well just shut the messageboard down as none of us are qualified to comment.

I look forward to your next questionnaire Tris. Maybe you could make it a weekly event with prizes for the best answers. The winter nights would fly by.

You can tell there's no mods awake

Everyone's making hay while the sun shines

Could go on 'til the cows come home this ....

They'll have no beef with this. Everybody loves a pundown.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.