BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

I don't have a grudge against anyone on the board as such, i jsut found thenodrog's post offensive and i think i the right to say so.

As for my infrequent posting on the MBoard, I've said what i think about Cole and was one of a handful of MBoard members who defended Souness in the last half of the season... when all around you.... and so on.

Sometimes less really is more.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif we have had the managers say on what went wrong,it looks like we will have to wait for the sunday's for cole to reply,i for one cannot wait tinykit.gif

Can't wait for what ? How dull must your life be ?

If Cole has got any sense he will realise how tedious the whole slagging of the ex-boss is and how predictable what he is going to say is and get on with his job.

David Dunn had more reason than Cole to go crying to the papers but kept a dignified silence.

Cole should do the same.

Good post Superstella.

Perhaps no-one will agree but I still think the way Souness treated Cole last season when Cole had played really well but wasn't mentioned in Souness's summary reflected badly on Souness.

rover.gif we have had the managers say on what went wrong,it looks like we will have to wait for the sunday's for cole to reply,i for one cannot wait tinykit.gif

If Cole has got any sense he will realise how tedious the whole slagging of the ex-boss is and how predictable what he is going to say is and get on with his job.

David Dunn had more reason than Cole to go crying to the papers but kept a dignified silence.

Cole should do the same.

rover.gif big difference betwen dunny and cole,dd is a out and out roverite,who still supports the club and i presume his little run in with souey did little to alter that.

but with cole after the welcome sourness gave him,read ss quotes he will have a few things to say on how it all turned sour,i love to know how they fell out 'SOUEY STATES FOOTBALLING REASON'S'.

Happen he asked cole to run and chase after hopeless balls,all will be revealed.

and thanks for asking about my dull life,it's going to get brighter soon tinykit.gif

Cole should do the same.

rover.gif big difference betwen dunny and cole,dd is a out and out roverite,who still supports the club and i presume his little run in with souey did little to alter that.

but with cole after the welcome sourness gave him,read ss quotes he will have a few things to say on how it all turned sour,i love to know how they fell out 'SOUEY STATES FOOTBALLING REASON'S'.

Happen he asked cole to run and chase after hopeless balls,all will be revealed.

and thanks for asking about my dull life,it's going to get brighter soon tinykit.gif

If he does spill the beans it will be roughly along the lines of " he made us work hard" etc etc

I will give it you Brownie

"well ya know I was earning lots of lolly for sticking my arms on me hips like during the game when the other lads couldnt put the ball on a sixpence for me, I mean it really was poor of them all not to put the ball exactly where I didnt run ! I then got an undeserved kick up the rear end from the guv who tried to make me run for more than 2 minutes per 90 minutes, I thought sod this for a game of soldiers, more than 2 minutes aint worth my time. Spoke to me mate Dwighty and he said looks like he wants me to do the same. After another bollocking the guv even had the cheek to take his top earner on the club and make me sit on the bench, he muttered something about watching the younguns making a bit of effort but I said look mate I am much bigger than you than BRFC in fact you have wound me up so much I am going to get Uncle Gord onto you as I am too soft to fight my own battles and cannot face a man to man showdown (mutters something about a nagging wife syndrome!)."

three days after GT speaks via phone seminar...

"well its still the same, I played for 54 minutes the other night and yet again the guv took me off and said i wasnt really creating and doing nothing but I disagreed totally and ignored him as I left the pitch. I thought my hands on hip routine had worked a treat, even thought my 2 miss kicks were excellent passes. And you know what I actually ran for a total of 4 mins 20 seconds, a record for me you know playing in the blue and white !. Still cant graps why the fans didnt applaud me as I left the pitch. You know me mate dwight is even worse off, he said that the guv has it in for us two and the cheek of it we are earning more than double his wages, how dare he speak to us like that and make us earn our corn, I mean we have done it all over the years".

I cant be arsed to carry on but I hope you get the drift....... tinykit.gif

Cole should do the same.

Maybe he should, but you could hardly blame him if he didn't bearing in mind Souness has already had his go and branded him a "baby".

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Cole should do the same.

Maybe he should, but you could hardly blame him if he didn't bearing in mind Souness has already had his go and branded him a "baby".

Rev........imo most people agreed with him.

Maybe man management is not Soueys forte but the accuracy of his judgement about these 3 and his honesty in coming out with it cannot be questioned. My only prob with GS is that whilst we had to buy Cole or face the drop he was bloody blind not to see that Yorkes days as a professional footballer had already passed when he was at Man Utd.

For Yorkes type once gone there is no return.

• Backroom

And you would know would you ?? rolleyes.gif

Went down GoldStratford every training session watching him did you ? rolleyes.gif

easy with that great gift of 'hind-sight' though isn't it wink.gif

No one could have known what Yorke would be like, all that was known was that he was out of favour with the RFW... not WHY he was out of favour.

Cole should do the same.

Rev........imo most people agreed with him.

Maybe man management is not Soueys forte but the accuracy of his judgement about these 3 and his honesty in coming out with it cannot be questioned. My only prob with GS is that whilst we had to buy Cole or face the drop he was bloody blind not to see that Yorkes days as a professional footballer had already passed when he was at Man Utd.

My point is that if Cole comes out and gives his version in the Sunday rags (and there's usually 2 sides to a story) it is once again more publicity which will reflect poorly on the manager and club.

Whilst not totally disagreeing with Souey perhaps it would have been better if he had left it at a simple "we didn't see eye to eye on footballing matters"

other then Cole, really every player Souness has fallen out with are now complete flops, the likely fact is Souness was demanding more from players for Blackburn like almost "everyone" on the board has this year, but the difference is we can hide behind our computers and he can't. I think Alex Ferguson would be even more demanding then Souness, Ferguson hated Yorke and had Cole on the bench.

Gilespie, Hignett, Dunn, McAteer, Yorke, you will not see any of them setting the world on fire next season, and Cole will be interesting, as i'm sure Coleman can be walked over all day compared to Souness.

Whatever he's got to say, I disagree entirely with it. We all know what it's going to be (if he's got the nuts to say anything). "Mr Souness was horrid to me and I only wanted to go home early because my missus wanted me to go back and sometimes he never said anything to me in the corridor and sometimes he wouldn't play me and and and ... s'not fair!"

Bleeding whinging get. I hope he fluffs loads of goals next season with the ball pinging off his shin, nose, elbow etc. Actually, I don't hope I expect! laugh.gif

Cole has been interviewed by SSN today. Thanked the fans for being brilliant, and getting behind him through thick and thin. Thanked the board for supporting him, and thanked his team mates who he described as a fantastic bunch of lads.

Also he refused to get into a slanging match with Souness. He said Souness is entitled to his opinion but he would be keeping his feelings out of the press.

So as things stand (and I know it may change) we've got rid of the player who won't say a bad word about the club and are still paying the wages of the one who slagged us up hill and down dale in the tabloids.

What's that all about? huh.gif

And you would know would you ?? rolleyes.gif

Went down GoldStratford every training session watching him did you ? rolleyes.gif

easy with that great gift of 'hind-sight' though isn't it wink.gif

No one could have known what Yorke would be like, all that was known was that he was out of favour with the RFW... not WHY he was out of favour.

You'll just have to let time prove me right trueblue. And it will.

The reason that I was not jumping through hoops when we signed him is the same reason that I would not be doing the same should GS sign Robbie Fowler......and no, I dont feel the need to go and watch him train to know that he's past his sell by date either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.