BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it isn't true, and if it was in the NOTW that it was in, I'd be very sceptical that it is true.

However if it is true, then it is a very silly move by Rovers. Cole is a big part of our team. Even though he and Souness obviously dont see eye to eye, they are both professional enough to see the qualities of each other.

I' m never one to believe tabloid stories, but this is one hell of a story if they've reported Cole has been released. I'm going to be watching SSN and getti8ng the NOTW tomorow in any case and see just what they have reported.

If the club would decide to SELL him, then that'd (IMO) be stupid but not unrealistic or a disaster. But to pay off a substantial part of his contract to let him go on a free transfer??? No way... I don't believe it. The tabloids are probably full of it as usual.

Thats the thing, if it were simply a transfer rumour then it's to be expected, but if its a load of rubbish then what's going to happen when tomorow comes and Cole is still playing for the club? Thats why I'm going to wait and see exactly whats been reported, maybe somebodys misundertood?

Watching SSN now and it says the "SP," is running the story. Sorry to be dense, but what paper is the "SP?"

It also says that he's GOING to be fired later this week, not that he has, and Rovers are going to have to pay half his wages remaining on his contract. He is being linked with Fulham.

After getting a glimpse, i really think this is more tabloid crap.

Edited by tcj_jones

SP is presumably the Sunday People.

Whilst the possibility of Cole leaving wouldn't completely surprise me I think i'd be amazed if he was sacked let alone paid off.

Well with clubss hanging around willing to pay at least £2mil for him it would be the worst move ever! But still i don't think we will get rid of him as we need him to score goals!

It's mention in this round up along with other gospel news such as Sol Campbell will have to accept a 50% pay cut if he wants a new contract with Arsenal and Shearer off to Qatar on £3mill per year Netto (as Mr Guillet might say).

If its true, then we must take action, 2 players who havent got them self a new club. Kluivert & Kanu.

If it´s true that we are paying Cole 60.000 a week then we can have kluivert for 50.000 a week. He was rejected by WBA.

• Backroom
If its true, then we must take action, 2 players who havent got them self a new club. Kluivert & Kanu.

If it´s true that we are paying Cole 60.000 a week then we can have kluivert for 50.000 a week. He was rejected by WBA.

According to the newspaper report... we would still be paying half of Cole's wages, so no way could we afford Kluivert !

I severly doubt that we are paying Cole 60K per week. rolleyes.gif

Kluivert and Kanu are about as past it as Yorke. Stay clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.