BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad Numbers

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but there is something special about the number 10!! look and past and present players!!

pele 10

maradona 10

lineker 10

prem players with number 10

bergkamp

van nistlerooy

owen

i know squad numbers don't mean much anymore but there is something special about wearing the number 10 and there always will be.

And thats why it's been taken off Jansen.

Exactly.

jansenpresty10@wales – I think both club and the player have to move on, despite how much we regard of him. Yes, he was a great player but he will never regain that form again I’m afraid.

From last season’s games one game will always stick in my mind and that’s United away. He never looked comfortable with the ball and in the air, his passing was awful. Either he gave it away or over-hit it to team-mates.

The numbers are a bit strange in my opinion and who they have been given to.

Emerton getting number seven? Shame it’s not flight number seven to Australia.

From the official site

New skipper Barry Ferguson will sport the number 16 shirt whilst Michael Gray and Lorenzo Amoruso will wear numbers 3 and 4 respectively.

According to that list mickey is wearing 33 huh.gif

yeah but also according to the official site

all three of Greame Souness' new acquisitions have been handed shirts in the first eleven with Dominic Matteo given number 22, Paul Dickov number 10 and Javier De Pedro number 11

surelynumber22 is outside the first eleven? huh.gif

Edited by est990

i think the thing which angers me the most about this (Please don't use that word again) jansen 10 thing is that he's lost his number to paul dickov!!!

i will apologise to the mods for my foul language.

if say fergy/stead/gallagher or de pedro had the number 10 shirt instead then maybe it would be a little bit easier to take.

but giving it to (Please don't use that word again) dickov!!!

not a happy bunny rite now!!!

The Mystery Trialist Dwarf. But he's not called Alan. Just "Grumpy". Apologies for any confusion.

I'm sorry, I must have missed this. The mystery trialist was a dwarf?

No wonder the lads in Germany couldn't spot him.

i think the thing which angers me the most about this (Please don't use that word again) jansen 10 thing is that he's lost his number to paul dickov!!!

i will apologise to the mods for my foul language.

if say fergy/stead/gallagher or de pedro had the number 10 shirt instead then maybe it would be a little bit easier to take.

but giving it to (Please don't use that word again) dickov!!!

not a happy bunny rite now!!!

Whats up with dickov?

He scored more than jansen last season and the season before.... i'll stop there!

Dickov is a better striker at the moment than jansen! Jansen HAD more talent but he has not been able to get it back. The honeymoon period is over we and jansen are back in the real world. Jansen has 1 year to prove himself otherwise i lead to believe he will be out of contract nad a move outside of the premiership beckons! No offense to jano but dickov is our 2nd best striker and deserves fully our number 10 shirt, just as steady deserves the 9. tinykit.gif

darn and blast it. just been round me mams to get Grumpy, and 22 embroidered on to my shirt, and now I find out Matteo is 22.

My mam aint going to be to pleased with the lad, Grooby.

What the bloody hell are you doing disturbing your mum when she's got the kits and hats to do?!

But modes98 makes a good point. He doesn't need to go back further because surely the last 2 years is more than enough. Whether you like Dickov or not he is clearly of more use to the team than Jansen at present. When Jansen cam on in games last year he couldn't even control the ball let alone hold it up or do anything with it. We'd all love it if he got back to his former self but there is no eveidence to suggest he will do.

the original list says he was number 12 which is outside the first eleven, matteo was number 5, so maybe matteo requested number 22 which he is on the revised list, which freed number 5 and flitty thought hed have that so he can be in the first eleven numbers? maybe tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.